European championships 2020 thread (12 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Southgate calculated that a high intensity game was too unpredictable.
He feared a bad injury, sending off or soft penalty against. You could say he bottled it. You could say he took the low road to getting out of the group unscathed.

A high intensity game and their defence would have folded within 10 minutes, you could see it was jittery. Against teams that shite and with the players we've got going forward there is no reason to keep the shackles on

wingy

A lot of overreacting, we were average and Scotland played the game of their life. Think Southgate has a lot to think about to be honest. If we top the group, jobs still a goodun. Improvement needed against Czech, for sure.
I disagree , they also played the game of their life at home the other day,yet lost.

Evo1883

I saw how they played. It was bang average.
And they've got a chance now of possibly progressing by not losing today as they could spunk a 1 nil against a poor Croatia , ofxourse they are happy they've come to Billy big bollocks England and looked no worse than us

SeaSeeEffCee

One of the most pathetic and cowardly performances I’ve seen from an England side. Home advantage in a major tournament against an inferior side and we looked utterly terrified of losing. Appalling mentality. It’s not wonder we never win anything. Italy, Belgium, France etc. would have won comfortably today.

Brighton Sky Blue

And they've got a chance now of possibly progressing by not losing today as they could spunk a 1 nil against a poor Croatia

We could well lose to the Czechs, Schick is in form and they'll be more clinical than Scotland were. Wouldn't be shocked if we scrape through in 3rd and for Southgate to view it as a success

COV

I saw how they played. It was bang average.

but it wasn’t though. They had a good plan to get in our faces, have a high tempo, stand up to us & show no fear and it worked really well. We ran out of ideas, didn’t know what to do and in the end they totally deserved that draw- you can’t say they were just average, they stopped us.

when you look at what they’ve got at their disposal you’ve got to say they did pretty well.

Brighton Sky Blue

but it wasn’t though. They had a good plan to get in our faces, have a high tempo, stand up to us & show no fear and it worked really well. We ran out of ideas, didn’t know what to do and in the end they totally deserved that draw- you can’t say they were just average, they stopped us.

when you look at what they’ve got at their disposal you’ve got to say they did pretty well.

We didn't do anything mate. It's easy to look 'impressive' when the opposition is as half arsed as we were tonight. I didn't see any thunder and blood challenges from the Scots, just 11 men behind the ball being passed sideways for 90 minutes.

cowboy1850

The only reassuring thing about England ATM is the fans and hopefully media letting Gareth and the team know that the standard set so far is not good enough.
We've got home advantage, an easy group and apparently lots of young attacking players, why so crap?
Either improve massively against Czech Republic or deservedly bow out huffing and puffing with no courage and fight.

jordan210

Sancho one of the best players in the Bundesliga can’t even get a game vs Scotland.

Yet Sterling has a shocker and gets 90 mins and is made captain when Kane goes off

COV

We didn't do anything mate. It's easy to look 'impressive' when the opposition is as half arsed as we were tonight. I didn't see any thunder and blood challenges from the Scots, just 11 men behind the ball being passed sideways for 90 minutes.

I didn’t say they looked impressive, I said they did well.

its not all about slating us & going mental at the team and manager when we don’t win, the opposition do have something to do with it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Be honest , we're slowly getting worse under Southgate.. am I wrong ?

The frustration for me is that he said he would pick and play those who have been performing, he's going against his word and as we have seen again today, has favourites.

I'm not a massive Lingard fan, but he has had an incredible season. He deserved to go. Even look at our bench today. How on earth some of those didn't get a go is really baffling.

I hope to be proved wrong but I think it'll cost us. I can see a scenario where he drops a few players who have been poor against the Czech's only to reinstate them again in the round of 16. Make it look like he is being proactive when in actual fact it is the same predictable shit every time.

CJ_covblaze

Incredibly pissed off and dejected by that. Drawn with a bunch of plumbers and PE teachers. Too many players didn’t turn up tonight. Best part of Kane’s game is when he drops back and brings others into play but when they’re not at the races he needs to pick up on that, change tact and solve the lack of goal threat himself. Foden and Sterling both poor and looked like they’d never met before. Rice and Phillips did ok at resetting, starting again and pushing into the middle third. Best two players on the pitch for us was probably Mings and Pickford which is an embarrassment considering who we were playing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Incredibly pissed off and dejected by that. Drawn with a bunch of plumbers and PE teachers. Too many players didn’t turn up tonight. Best part of Kane’s game is when he drops back and brings others into play but when they’re not at the races he needs to pick up on that, change tact and solve the lack of goal threat himself. Foden and Sterling both poor and looked like they’d never met before. Rice and Phillips did ok at resetting, starting again and pushing into the middle third. Best two players on the pitch for us was probably Mings and Pickford which is an embarrassment considering who we were playing.

Going from Guardiola to Southgate is like going from Gordon Ramsay to the Telford Little Chef, it must be embarrassing for everyone involved to be given instructions by someone so hopelessly out of his depth.

Evo1883

I mean , Andy Robertson walks into our team so it's a bit disingenuous to call them plumbers and P.E teachers .

COV

?

You can have a good gameplan and stifle more talented opposition without looking like Brazil you know- they were better than us tonight and that’s the bottom line- we can blame who we want but it’s happened enough times to suggest it’s not all about England “not being arsed”.

Ccfcisparks

Plumbers and P.E. Teachers? Half of them play in the premier league.

COV

Robertson, Tierney, McGinn and McTominay are quality players but the rest are Championship standard.

what standard did Kane look like tonight? Or Sterling? Or pretty much any of them?

this is precisely the kind of arrogance that makes people dislike us.

Mcbean

Well that was shite - Kane should have been off at 60 - Mount put three corners in that didn’t get past the first man - Bellingham should have come on for him - we could have been out of sight - good save from Pickford

Users who are viewing this thread