Everton for Gyokeres? (3 Viewers)

Paxman II

Once again there was a splash of talk on some football site picked up on my iphone that Everton are lining up a serious bid for Vik?
I think this story will run and run. Frankly if Vik ever considered an early move to the prem in January, he would be mad to go to a club in transition, a manager likely to lose his job, and the real threat of relegation. Vik should wait on how our season turns out, we could be swapping places with Everton! warming the bench for calvert-Lewin is not an attractive proposition at this stage of his development I'd say.
Thoughts anyone?

Robinshio

at this rate £25m would not be a surprise with half of the premier league looking at him supposedly

slowpoke

I agree with what you say but despite their lowly position Everton are a big nameI just hope we hang on to Vik at least until the end of season then perhaps look at it, you never know Everton might be looking up at us.

CV22SBA

Once again there was a splash of talk on some football site picked up on my iphone that Everton are lining up a serious bid for Vik?
I think this story will run and run. Frankly if Vik ever considered an early move to the prem in January, he would be mad to go to a club in transition, a manager likely to lose his job, and the real threat of relegation. Vik should wait on how our season turns out, we could be swapping places with Everton! warming the bench for calvert-Lewin is not an attractive proposition at this stage of his development I'd say.
Thoughts anyone?
Didn’t they buy Maupay instead the last time they were interested?

JAM See

Vik puts me in mind of Mitrovic a couple of years ago. Excellent in the championship but not a nailed on premier league player.

He will get his chance in the top league and either be a Mitrovic or a McGoldrick.

Either way, success or failure, I will wish him well if he decides to move on.

slowpoke

Didn’t they buy Maupay instead the last time they were interested?
Different type of striker to our Vik though in Everton’s perilous position they need players especially strikers to come straight in and hit the ground running. No guarantee Vik will do that and Everton aren’t the most patient.

clint van damme

Everton palace Leeds West ham Southampton at the last count.

Jus a side note, would you take £20m plus Adam Armstrong ?

Yes. If he's got to go getting that much cash and a proven championship striker as part of the deal is about the best we could hope for.

clint van damme

Different type of striker to our Vik though in Everton’s perilous position they need players especially strikers to come straight in and hit the ground running. No guarantee Vik will do that and Everton aren’t the most patient.

He definitely improves that Everton side, 100 percent. Though me starting would probably give then a lift to be fair.

stevefloyd

Thoughts anyone?
A club like Everton should really be looking at a higher rated striker really and as much as I like 'our Vik' he is not a top striker, although very very good, and he has already been let go by a premier club. If the rumours are true and they make us an offer we can't refuse he has to decide if his ambition is to be a pretty rich sub or he has a realistic chance of getting plenty of first team games at a now once toppish club to one clearly in demise

JonesBob

I wonder what Brighton think? They only let him go recently and although they are the surprise team this season, where would they be with him in the team?

Mcbean

Everton would be such a waste for Vik - will be relegated at some point - 20 million minimum

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Potentially could see Brentford coming in for him, with Toney potentially getting a massive ban. An interesting one could be Moore + money from Bournemouth (although they’re not interested but still)

chinamans view

Song for Gork this Christmas and singers corner. to the tune of ( Hark the Hearld angels sing ) + Mark the Sky blue army sing, Glory to our king the Gork,. finish it off lads please lol.

slowpoke

Replacing Gorkeres at this stage of the season would in my opinion leave a big gap and effect the way we play and stifle our march to the top six, win our two home games in hand we are just three points from the automatics think about it, end of season Robins could change things with new recruitments and obviously depends what division we are in.
We need a positive statement from the club no matter who owns us that Vic nor any other of our main players are going anywhere this January.

Levship20

Everton would be such a waste for Vik - will be relegated at some point - 20 million minimum
Yes but he will probably be on x4 his current wage and will get 10-15% signing on fee, boot deal, sponsorship money and goal bonuses

Mcbean

Replacing Gorkeres at this stage of the season would in my opinion leave a big gap and effect the way we play and stifle our march to the top six, win our two home games in hand we are just three points from the automatics think about it, end of season Robins could change things with new recruitments and obviously depends what division we are in.
We need a positive statement from the club no matter who owns us that Vic nor any other of our main players are going anywhere this January.
King already said no one was going anywhere 😳 it really would be bad move to lose him in January - we have a chance at promotion up to May - a new contract that costs would help him in the future v multi million pound benefit of being in the Prem

Sky Blue Pete

King already said no one was going anywhere 😳 it really would be bad move to lose him in January - we have a chance at promotion up to May - a new contract that costs would help him in the future v multi million pound benefit of being in the Prem
Promotion not quite guaranteed though of course

Mcbean

Promotion not quite guaranteed though of course
Absolutely but there is a possibility - the short term gain of selling Vik would be inconsequential compared to the benefit of and it’s a slim chance of getting up - Vik delays his movement by 6 months but could increase his value thoroughly by being a Prem player or further rather than a bench sitter

PUSB 😀

Sky Blue Pete

Absolutely but there is a possibility - the short term gain of selling Vik would be inconsequential compared to the benefit of and it’s a slim chance of getting up - Vik delays his movement by 6 months but could increase his value thoroughly by being a Prem player or further rather than a bench sitter

PUSB 😀
I think a bid over £20m would have to be accepted
My fear is Burnley or another championship team having a £10m bid accepted

slowpoke

Selling any of our top players to a championship rival half way through what is looking at what could be a possible fruitful season would be a joke, to a Premiership club would be bad enough.
Anyway Doug King says no sales.

Hobo

If the money is right he will go to whoever will pay it and we won't say no

The same as any other club in our position.

The most important factor is when a club cashes in how much gets reinvested into the team and is the money spent wisely.

Users who are viewing this thread