Ex Player Watch (23 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Ste

Heard John Murray and Chris Waddle waxing lyrical about Maddison in the build up to the matches on Sat. Both said he had a good chance of being in the next England squad and Waddle said he's exactly the sort of creative, technically gifted attacking midfielder that England lack. So what we've been saying would happen on here for ages, tbh...

Shame it wasn’t whilst he was still at Norwich as we’d have triggered another payment.

Happy for the lad - it’s a good advert for young players to come to us

Terry Gibson's perm

I still think young players are better off in the lower leagues as they progress to men’s football faster and seem stronger look at Bayliss compared to Sterling

SkyBlueSoul

At the other end of the spectrum I watched Salford win 3-2 against a Chesterfield side containing Zavon Hines, Marc Antoine Fortune and Kyel Reid in the National League last week.

Hines scored from on the line into an open goal after a defensive cock up and then squared it for Fortune to score from 6 yards out. I'd say they've found their level. Reid was largely anonymous.

Esoterica

Shame it wasn’t whilst he was still at Norwich as we’d have triggered another payment.

Happy for the lad - it’s a good advert for young players to come to us
I thought that kind of clause has to be transferred into the subsequent contract too these days if it existed in his Norwich contract. So Leicester pay Norwich who pay us type of thing.

Sky_Blue_Ste

I thought that kind of clause has to be transferred into the subsequent contract too these days if it existed in his Norwich contract. So Leicester pay Norwich who pay us type of thing.

Can’t see that myself. It would get far too complicated.

Warwickhunt

Well if that's true then add-ons aren't worth anything because, if the player develops, he's likely to be sold on. I'm not sure you're correct.
Anderson said that Maddisons signing contract from City would bring income in for many years to come! and yes I believe if there was a clause for Norwich to pay us for England call ups and Premier Games Played then Norwich would have added that to their contract with Leciester as well! Else they are legally and contractually obliged to pay us irrelivent to the fact that they have sold him on. You will find that the same applies to Wilson as Anderson intimated that Maddison deal follows along the lines of Wilsons deal with Bournmouth.

Gibbo

Isn't it difficult to bind someone who is not a signatory to the original agreement?

cc84cov

McNulty 90 mins for Reading tonight...they got beat 2-0.Missed easy chance from 9 yards according to their forum.

“The jump in class looks above him”

oucho

Looks like there has been some sort of bust up at Plymouth with Ruben Lameiras

He probably kicked off at them when they threw him out of the ground for attempting to impersonate a footballer.

Reactions: vow

Sky Blue Harry H

[QUOTE="cc84cov, post: 1602260, member: 9904"]McNulty 90 mins for Reading tonight...they got beat 2-0.Missed easy chance from 9 yards according to their forum.

“The jump in class looks above him”[/QUOTE]

Is that a quote from their forum?

Nick

Administrator
Technically good I thought but positional sense he was clueless.

I thought he was better when he was given a free role, he was the same the other week against us. Just all over the place which meant he was able to attack us more.

Still like him for when I used to watch him get stuck in when angry, a few times if he lost the ball he would just run after them and stud them.

Winny the Bish

I thought he was better when he was given a free role, he was the same the other week against us. Just all over the place which meant he was able to attack us more.

Still like him for when I used to watch him get stuck in when angry, a few times if he lost the ball he would just run after them and stud them.
I was always higher on Lameiras than most. Went to the 4-0 win over Millwall in 2015 where we basically played a fluid front 3 of Maddison-Armstrong-Lameiras and it was the best football I'd seen from Coventry City in years. Lameiras' through ball for Arma's second will always leave me truly believing he could become a Championship-level playmaker. Jinks past one then takes the entire Millwall defence out of the game with the pass.

Would take him back in an instant.

Joy Division

I was always higher on Lameiras than most. Went to the 4-0 win over Millwall in 2015 where we basically played a fluid front 3 of Maddison-Armstrong-Lameiras and it was the best football I'd seen from Coventry City in years. Lameiras' through ball for Arma's second will always leave me truly believing he could become a Championship-level playmaker. Jinks past one then takes the entire Millwall defence out of the game with the pass.

Would take him back in an instant.

What about all the other games where he was mostly anonymous and offered very little creatively? The one or two good games doesn't make up for the majority of mediocre games. Not forgetting he was pretty poor in the Checkatrade final.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Joy said that would happen for his whole career.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Ben Stevenson has gone on loan to Spanish 3rd division side FC Jumilla. Unbelievably, or perhaps believably with the Premier League monopoly, they have a further 7 Wolves players on loan

Here's what the link up with FC Jumilla means for Wolves

Segunda B has mixed standards across four geographical confrences, but it's generally non-league level.

Segunda B is part-time for some teams. They play all their fixtures on Sunday at 12 so they can get back the same day and go to work on the Monday if they need to.

Stevenson might as well have gone on loan to Leamington Brakes really, or at a push Dagenham and Redbridge.

Users who are viewing this thread