Match Thread Exeter City (a) 29th July (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

He’s finished 4 chances well against league 2 opposition, so obviously knows where the net is when chances are created for him. Other than that, he has contributed very little in the 4 games and was totally anonymous against Shrewsbury and today. The touches he did have today were consistently poor, and I can’t remember him even having a touch in the box today (might be wrong).
Clearly Robins must have seen something in him, but whatever it was he’s hiding it pretty well at the moment.
It’s also clear that it’s way too early to write him off, as he will undoubtedly be the main striker in the weeks to come so will have plenty of chance to improve. Let’s hope for better from him when the real stuff starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's hardly played any football.
In his last regular run of games he got 7 in 17 in this league, he'll be fine along as we give him the ammo.

covcity4life

We had the chances to win 4 or 5-1 today and if we had no one would be bes wetting.

We still have room to improve but we are in a solid place. That's good for this time of year

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Attendance 5,147 today.

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Johnnythespider

Lol just proving a point , about 6 seconds of looking

I wouldn't take that too seriously, he sent the same to me on whatsapp during the game with a laughing emoji, he like you thinks Godden has been great for us but like me doesn't think he can take us to the next level

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Disappointed with Sakamoto today, wanted to see him take on their fullback more, nutmeg etc.

stupot07

Disappointed with Sakamoto today, wanted to see him take on their fullback more, nutmeg etc.
We rarely gave him the ball in the final third. I'm not convinced he's a wingback, and think he will be better in a 2 in a box midfield. He can then float out wide like O'Hare does.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Jamesimus

He’s finished 4 chances well against league 2 opposition, so obviously knows where the net is when chances are created for him. Other than that, he has contributed very little in the 4 games and was totally anonymous against Shrewsbury and today. The touches he did have today were consistently poor, and I can’t remember him even having a touch in the box today (might be wrong).
Clearly Robins must have seen something in him, but whatever it was he’s hiding it pretty well at the moment.
It’s also clear that it’s way too early to write him off, as he will undoubtedly be the main striker in the weeks to come so will have plenty of chance to improve. Let’s hope for better from him when the real stuff starts.

I'm very unsure as to how you could have watched today's game and said Simms was "anonymous"...

SBbucks

I'm very unsure as to how you could have watched today's game and said Simms was "anonymous"...

Ok, please tell me what he did to influence the game today? His involvement was minimal, exactly the same as last Saturday. He appears to be effective if we feed balls into him in the box but we didn’t do that today.

fernandopartridge

Ok, please tell me what he did to influence the game today? His involvement was minimal, exactly the same as last Saturday. He appears to be effective if we feed balls into him in the box but we didn’t do that today.

If he'd have executed the ball right he'd have had two assists

Balli001

If Godden could finish he definitely would have had assists. Unlike Gyokeres he actually passed more when he should have gone himself

SBbucks

You said he did nothing to influence the game yet agree that he was a couple of sloppy passes away from potentially two assists

Clearly you are happy with what you’ve seen from him so far and I’m underwhelmed. Let’s agree to disagree and I’m sure we both want to see him do well.

Balli001

Clearly you are happy with what you’ve seen from him so far and I’m underwhelmed. Let’s agree to disagree and I’m sure we both want to see him do well.

I have seen him score 4 goals so far and a decent overall contribution. If thats you being underwhelmed then you are in for a long season

slowpoke

I agree watched on tv and it looked to me Simms seemed play a yard or two deeper to than at MK Dons & Godden a bit ahead of him, don’t know if that was a tactic or just as it looked on tv. In fact Godden had a couple of decent half chances shall I say which their keeper saved. Simms needs a bit of time and fans have to realise how different he is to Gyokeres.

As for Sakamoto, for me in old money he’s a winger, some on here disagree but they come with different names nowadays rwb, am wide midfield, but for me a winger. Looks like he can play either flank which is great, has pace, plenty of tricks and skills, can get passed defenders, two footed, a winger. But wingers need service & the ball to feet, preferably early and in a bit of space didn’t think that happened much yesterday, it did at MK Dons when he came on and he ripped them apart imo.

Last edited:

larry_david

I enjoyed jack Burroughs twice taking his man on and beating him for pace, very direct.

Has to go out on loan and get regular starts, so does Howley

SBbucks

I enjoyed jack Burroughs twice taking his man on and beating him for pace, very direct.

Has to go out on loan and get regular starts, so does Howley

Agreed, and I never understood why JB didn’t get more opportunities at RWB last season; on the few occasions he played he always seemed a more effective option in that position than Eccles. He had a superb game against Watford (albeit on the left from memory) but didn’t seem to kick on. Post-Christmas he then slipped out of the picture as Robins preferred BNC. I suspect neither he nor Howley will be going anywhere until late in the window, (depending on strength of squad by then) as they both add much-needed depth.

Torquay Sky Blue

Sakamoto seemed reluctant to take on the fullback and opted for keeping possession. Think he was probably disappointed in his performance. As for Simms, he's young and will improve over the season. One player who does benefit from him is Godden. If not for their keeper he'd of had a hat-trick

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Enjoyable day out. Like the look of Thomas; old school with 60 yards pings thrown in. Lati will be the new Fadz. Sheaf/Eccles class. Godden never stopped, looked sharp. Palmer is so talented but his sloppiness with the easy balls is frustrating. Expected a bit more from Simms, but he has scored 4 in pre-season.

Btw, did anyone hear the Vik song?...

They've got a fat Swede on their side
Plays for Sporting, green and white
Being fat is what he does best
And he goes by the name of Gyokeres

😅

theferret

Enjoyable day out. Like the look of Thomas; old school with 60 yards pings thrown in. Lati will be the new Fadz. Sheaf/Eccles class. Godden never stopped, looked sharp. Palmer is so talented but his sloppiness with the easy balls is frustrating. Expected a bit more from Simms, but he has scored 4 in pre-season.

Btw, did anyone hear the Vik song?...

They've got a fat Swede on their side
Plays for Sporting, green and white
Being fat is what he does best
And he goes by the name of Gyokeres

😅

You've praised Godden who was wearing his slippers yesterday and somehow managed to get a dig in at Palmer who was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

Some good cider down there?

its a buzzard

You've praised Godden who was wearing his slippers yesterday and somehow managed to get a dig in at Palmer who was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

Some good cider down there?
Palmer played very well, but he and everyone else played second fiddle to Hamer.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread