Match Thread Exeter City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Shipley makes a good run in behind, lays it off to Stokes but he gives it away.

JMD then gets it but heavy touch and it goes back to them.

PVA

Stokes is so bad on the ball these days, offers nothing going forwards.

Maguire-Drew looks skilful but doesn't look like he wants to get stuck in.

Nick

Administrator
Stokes gets stamped on, think it was missed. Very blatant.

Heard him shout "Ah you fucker".

If the lino hasn't seen that he should be fired.

Marty

I wonder why Burge came back in today. If as he says there's no real No. 1 then he should really have stuck with O'Brien. I thought he did well last week.

He was rubbish, nearly cost us a goal coming for a cross he had no right in going for. Poor positioning for another which was cleared off the line from Willis. Burge is the better of the 2, but ideally neither would be anywhere near the first team.

skybluepm2

Yeah okay is there a point to that?
If a keeper makes 2 mistakes in the first 4 games? How can they not be dropped?

Burge made one about 16 matches ago? And has now made a second? Big difference

Neither should be making the types of mistakes they have done, even at this woefully low standard of football we are involved in.

They’ve both cost us points in games where had they not occurred, we would be in a far stronger position than we currently are. In fact, I’d go as far as saying they may well cost us our place in the play-offs or automatic promotion.

Let’s cut the crap that Burge is having a good season or that he’s actually half decent at this level. Some of the superlatives that I’ve seen used for his performances are actually embarrassing; ‘superb’, ‘having a brilliant seaaon’, ‘tne bear in league 2’. The performances of the guys in front of him have meant that he has had to do very little in the majority of games that he’s played aside from the basics. Some seem to think that we can just brush this sort of thing under the carpet and accept it.

mark82

He was rubbish, nearly cost us a goal coming for a cross he had no right in going for. Poor positioning for another which was cleared off the line from Willis. Burge is the better of the 2, but ideally neither would be anywhere near the first team.

I think most goalkeepers at this level are the same unfortunately.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
McNulty played in by biamou who got back well to win the ball on the half way line, holds it too long, keeper saves for a corner

Corner comes in eventually after a short one, deflected wide for another corner

Poor Shipley header but was a poor corner too

Nick

Administrator
Biamou does well to win it back, puts McNulty through but the ball is bobbling badly. It bobbles, stops dead then carries on again.

Nick

Administrator
I have just started getting commentary?

Just as McNulty hammers the ball into somebodies living room.

Marty

I have just started getting commentary?

Just as McNulty hammers the ball into somebodies living room.

It comes and goes, I'm guessing they're located next to the camera man.

Users who are viewing this thread