Expect another delay (3 Viewers)

Samo

The van broke down?
Wow! how to do an impression of a pub team!
It seems there are still many parts of the club that need dragging upwards before DK can sell us as Prem ready.

stgeorge1966

It's laughable, so lorry broke down Friday and nobody informed the club on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday or Tuesday morning 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.... So from ordering on 14th July delivery should of been w/c 14th August then delayed until w/c 21st August now its not going to be w/c 28th August so might get my order w/c 4th September... Unbelievable 😡

Saddlebrains

Was told earlier that the squad didnt have any kit for the Wimbledon game until 2.30 that day, and it was rushed to fuck with getting the printing done on that day!

MalcSB

They were supposed to have been delivered to customers last week, a truck breaking down on Friday is not the reason that didn’t happen.
Thinking about it, they will no doubt say that they meant that the shirts would be delivered to the club last week, not the customer. If that is the case, it should have been clearer. In any event, it is piss poor, especially when they stressed that for fairness orders would be fulfilled in chronological order which clearly hasn’t happened and was never going to.

to make matters worse, I can’t find a confirmation of order email. Am I the only one?

rob9872

We've ordered 3, heard nothing. It's piss poor.

letsallsingtogether

I never ordered any for this very reason.
Just wait untill its in the shop.
This truly is another clusterfuck seems some things never change.

pusbccfc

Anyone else not really give a shit?

Once again people on twitter going mental. These same people didn't make this fuss when we were playing in Northampton and Birmingham.

RegiswasGod

Just some honesty would be nice.

Update:
You haven't got your preorders because, off the field, we're tinpot and are still run like a league 2 club.

The lorry breaking down is a load of bollocks, clearly. Embarrassing themselves now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The level of outrage isn't really that important. What is worth attention is whoever is overlooking all of this. Season after season it's the same circus. To send out that tonight saying the truck broke down is genuinely quite embarrasing.

The odd slip is fair enough, but this stuff is basic and being done wrong over and over. We're supposed to be a professional football club.

pusbccfc

The level of outrage isn't really that important. What is worth attention is whoever is overlooking all of this. Season after season it's the same circus. To send out that tonight saying the truck broke down is genuinely quite embarrasing.

The odd slip is fair enough, but this stuff is basic and being done wrong over and over. We're supposed to be a professional football club.

But I thought it was Doug's fault? Sponsor is clearly a delay but it obviously runs so much deeper.

Didn't Body literally say they wanted to move away from Hummel because of this?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

But I thought it was Doug's fault? Sponsor is clearly a delay but it obviously runs so much deeper.

Didn't Body literally say they wanted to move away from Hummel because of this?

There's a problem with the organisation in general, you know, Hummel didn't distribute the season ticket cards. It's been this way for a few years and as I said the odd teething issue is fair enough - but this is an ongoing circus.

Flying Fokker

Get your orders in for next Season’s shirt?

Stuff lean manufacturing/ JIT.

It won’t be a problem next year will it?

Balli001

Anyone else not really give a shit?

Once again people on twitter going mental. These same people didn't make this fuss when we were playing in Northampton and Birmingham.
Probably hadn't bought anything when we played there. Whilst you may not give a shit plenty do. They have had our money for over a month then give the most bullshit excuse ever to try and cover up.

pusbccfc

There's a problem with the organisation in general, you know, Hummel didn't distribute the season ticket cards. It's been this way for a few years and as I said the odd teething issue is fair enough - but this is an ongoing circus.

Absolutely, there's multiple issues. Each one requires work to change it.

Boddy mentioned the club wanted to move away from Hummel and there was uproar.

Esoterica

They have lost some revenue through this though. Mine at least. I coach at a club with 70 players from all over the world, and when I was going back to the UK I had several requests for shirts and training gear from players who like to collect random kit. The import costs since Brexit are scandalous so delivery here is an extremely expensive option. Because the home shirts were not available I didn’t bother ordering anything. Appreciate this is a very minority circumstance but Doug seems to care about every pound.

Julie SBA

The truck that was already weeks late has broken down...

The dog eat my homework order

No doubt the refund cheque will be in the post

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is just my opinion, but I think this has been such a shitshow because of errors from both sides. I think we made it difficult for Hummel to produce the shirt because we didn't have a sponsor until 5 mins before it was due for release. Then the manufacturers have had issues getting the shirts into production on their schedule. The latest excuse of the van breaking down is a really poor one IMO and I'm half expecting to hear 'some rodents got into the warehouse and chewed through the kits'.

While I could accept that occasionally there could be a spanner in the works that means things won't be delivered on time we've had problems for a number of years having kits ready and with ST's being delivered. It's just a farce.

Kits are supposedly signed off nearly a year in advance. I remember when the kit was released they were available to buy in the shop on the day of release. They will have sales data from previous seasons so surely they could have a production run in advance to enable this to happen? (I accept that would not be the case this year due to the sponsor issue).

Same with season tickets. People start ordering them weeks in advance, so start getting them printed and sent out immediately. Maybe they're worried about cloning or something (though I doubt it) but even then get the cards sent out at least a couple of weeks in advance to give a bit of leeway in case there are problems with delivery. Yes, sometimes people want to move seats when non-renewed ST seats become available but add an admin charge if people want to do that. I think it might not be too long before they'll be sent out digitally for people to have on the wallet on their phones but I bet they'll somehow find a way to not have them ready on time then either.

ajsccfc

Unless King of Shaves is just a stopgap for this season and they're scrambling again for a new sponsor next year you'd hope lessons learned would have kits unveiled and on sale not long after the season ends, particularly as they're only current for a year at most before they're replaced again.

rob9872

Liove that some are saying 'but it's like this every year' as if that makes it ok, as if we've learnt to accept and expect poor service. This isn't new, it isn't difficult, people all round the globe receive and despatch orders and it really is a basic requirement to know when you accept an order when it will be delivered. There are sometimes things beyond your control that affect that, and at the earliest opportunity you manage your customers with clear communication not about what's gone wrong but when and how it will be rectified. That's basic and should be the exception not the norm, we run from one shower of shite into the next and nobody is ever accountable.

rob9872

Unless King of Shaves is just a stopgap for this season and they're scrambling again for a new sponsor next year you'd hope lessons learned would have kits unveiled and on sale not long after the season ends, particularly as they're only current for a year at most before they're replaced again.
With being out late and such a fiasco it would be nice if they announced it would be for 2 seasons and likely sell even more. Could still change the away kit as many like to only buy one per year with costs so revenue hit wouldn't be as huge as you might think.

Skyblueweeman

Bit of a shit-show really this one.

I guess this needs to be raised at the next meeting Pete/Mark have with the powers that be. What steps will be taken at the end of this season to ensure that this seasons kit launch/dispatch, isn't repeated next season?

I still don't think it'll result in a loss of revenue - if you want a shirt, you'll get a shirt. It's rather poor though that there's been issue after issue with something that holds a lot of excitement for many fans.

And also - don't say that the van broke down...it sounds so National League. Say something else like 'logistical issues with a national carrier' or something like that. Same thing but at least makes it sound more professional. At least project a Premier League image, even if we're not!

MalcSB

This is just my opinion, but I think this has been such a shitshow because of errors from both sides. I think we made it difficult for Hummel to produce the shirt because we didn't have a sponsor until 5 mins before it was due for release. Then the manufacturers have had issues getting the shirts into production on their schedule. The latest excuse of the van breaking down is a really poor one IMO and I'm half expecting to hear 'some rodents got into the warehouse and chewed through the kits'.

While I could accept that occasionally there could be a spanner in the works that means things won't be delivered on time we've had problems for a number of years having kits ready and with ST's being delivered. It's just a farce.

Kits are supposedly signed off nearly a year in advance. I remember when the kit was released they were available to buy in the shop on the day of release. They will have sales data from previous seasons so surely they could have a production run in advance to enable this to happen? (I accept that would not be the case this year due to the sponsor issue).

Same with season tickets. People start ordering them weeks in advance, so start getting them printed and sent out immediately. Maybe they're worried about cloning or something (though I doubt it) but even then get the cards sent out at least a couple of weeks in advance to give a bit of leeway in case there are problems with delivery. Yes, sometimes people want to move seats when non-renewed ST seats become available but add an admin charge if people want to do that. I think it might not be too long before they'll be sent out digitally for people to have on the wallet on their phones but I bet they'll somehow find a way to not have them ready on time then either.
The delay in sponsor is a red herring. Sponsor logos aren’t woven in to, or even embroidered on to, the fabric of the shirt. The logos are effectively stick on transfers added after production of the shirt so the shirts could have been made and the logos adhered post production.

pusbccfc

Bit of a shit-show really this one.

I guess this needs to be raised at the next meeting Pete/Mark have with the powers that be. What steps will be taken at the end of this season to ensure that this seasons kit launch/dispatch, isn't repeated next season?

I still don't think it'll result in a loss of revenue - if you want a shirt, you'll get a shirt. It's rather poor though that there's been issue after issue with something that holds a lot of excitement for many fans.

And also - don't say that the van broke down...it sounds so National League. Say something else like 'logistical issues with a national carrier' or something like that. Same thing but at least makes it sound more professional. At least project a Premier League image, even if we're not!

If the club said 'logistical issues', people would have kicked off that they aren't being open.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Whats a realistic ballpark figure for championship shirt sponsorship? £1m per season?

I'm guessing as KOS is a little company and appeared to step in last minute at mates rates, we're looking at about £250K?

Anyone any real idea?

Sick Boy

Whats a realistic ballpark figure for championship shirt sponsorship? £1m per season?

I'm guessing as KOS is a little company and appeared to step in last minute at mates rates, we're looking at about £250K?

Anyone any real idea?
I’m pretty sure King has a stake in it as well.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The delay in sponsor is a red herring. Sponsor logos aren’t woven in to, or even embroidered on to, the fabric of the shirt. The logos are effectively stick on transfers added after production of the shirt so the shirts could have been made and the logos adhered post production.
Yes, but it still takes time to stick those logos on before posting them out. If it were me I'd want them totally finished, packaged up and ready to go in advance of the release. The fact the release pics had a photoshopped logo on showed that they weren't ready at all. That's just terrible.

Saddlebrains

Couldn’t they reuse the Leicester kit?

If you recall Tats came on without any sponsors on his it was that much of a shambles.

And we played Howley, Binks Collins etc who needed names, sponsors etc putting on kits who didnt have them for the Leicester game

shmmeee

Funny isn’t it? Imagine if Gus and Vik had said they want to stay and we didn’t have £35m burning a hole. I wonder how this summer would have been viewed then?

hill83

Yes, but it still takes time to stick those logos on before posting them out. If it were me I'd want them totally finished, packaged up and ready to go in advance of the release. The fact the release pics had a photoshopped logo on showed that they weren't ready at all. That's just terrible.

Or we could stick them on ourselves with an iron as suggested the other day.

It will increase the camaraderie and spirit throughout the journey.

Users who are viewing this thread