Fábio Tavares (1 Viewer)

Offhegoes

Any news? I know O'Hare's back in training, but haven't seen Fabio. I presume the plan is to get him fit and then out on loan for match sharpness.

skybluecam

He deffo won't be going anywhere before we sign a striker and I think he'll probably stay around anyway.

Hobo

He won't be ready for a loan this transfer window. January at earliest and probably won't be loaned out even then.

ptr

He did sign a new contract last year did he not? I do think his future lies elsewhere atm but Robins would prefer him on the bench over Andrews and Obikwu. He’s never getting in ahead of the other 3 though.

Hobo

Said before he needs to go out on loan for the sake of his own career.
He needs to rehabilitate fully and the club will want to manage that. So won't be going anywhere soon. After January if all has gone well could still go to a National League club on loan.

SkyblueTexan

I think the kid Obikwu on the bench might be worth giving some minutes to see what he can do now that Godden's stopped scoring over the last few games. I'm just not very confident we can score on our own at the moment without relying on own goals

stevefloyd

Bloody hell lets not pin too much hope on him he scored one goal and looked worse than we currently have playing up front now, I think his injury has extended his stay here

Last edited:

SkyBlueSam01

Popped Achilles is a huge injury to have, especially as a player who relies on pace... I'd much rather do my ACL

Best of luck to the lad, I hope he is rehabbing well and can still forge a decent league career

slowpoke

Lot of negatives recently about, Collins, Thomas, Kitching Sakamoto, COH shall I go on, bad injury worse than ACLs but let’s give the kid a chance.

SBT

“The kid” - he’s 23 next month.
Just checked, he’s two weeks younger than Ellis Simms!

Tavares clearly has no business being part of our squad at the moment, but given the lack of wide forward options we have then I could see him hanging around in January until we sign some reinforcements there.

edgy

I wouldn't be adverse to giving him some game time, before the end of this season. FA Cup maybe or later stages of league games.

Offhegoes

Don't get the negative posts on Tavares - How many league starts has he had? 1 at best. Ripped Sunderland apart when he came on the opening game last season, scored a wonder goal the season before and always looked lively on his substitute appearances. Been injured for a year but now he's written off? As we're playing with 2 wide forwards at the moment, he would inject some pace and trickery, and would be a good option off the bench. Robins doesn't hand out a 3 year contract, if he doesn't think he can make the grade

Saddlebrains

Don't get the negative posts on Tavares - How many league starts has he had? 1 at best. Ripped Sunderland apart when he came on the opening game last season, scored a wonder goal the season before and always looked lively on his substitute appearances. Been injured for a year but now he's written off? As we're playing with 2 wide forwards at the moment, he would inject some pace and trickery, and would be a good option off the bench. Robins doesn't hand out a 3 year contract, if he doesn't think he can make the grade

Shag him then

PVA

I think Robins does seem to rate him a little bit

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few minutes here and there at the end of a few games.

At the moment with the change of formation we have nobody on the bench able to come on in the wide positions. Wright was absolutely knackered by the end of the game the other night.

fatso

Just checked, he’s two weeks younger than Ellis Simms!

Tavares clearly has no business being part of our squad at the moment, but given the lack of wide forward options we have then I could see him hanging around in January until we sign some reinforcements there.
And just like Ellis Simms, he's only ever scored in 1 game for us.

Which means at it stands, he's been far better value for money!

Just saying 😉

Users who are viewing this thread