FA Cup 22-23 (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Powder puff from Hyam for the second.

no_loyalty

All kicking off at Old Trafford, Fulham just had 2 red carded and the manager

Otis

Three stupid red cards. It was an obvious pen. They've absolutely bottled it.
Yup. Definitely a pen. I just don't think a lot of the Fulham players could see it.

Clear as day on the replay. Mitrovic may face some further disciplinary action mightn't he. Putting his hands on the ref

Brighton Sky Blue

Just made a thread as hadn't seen this.

Yeah did exactly the same.
Shows the difference between the officials at the two levels. One was overawed by the mighty Mitrovic and let him off, the other had no doubt about sending him off as soon as he went in.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yup. Definitely a pen. I just don't think a lot of the Fulham players could see it.

Clear as day on the replay. Mitrovic may face some further disciplinary action mightn't he. Putting his hands on the ref
Will send my fantasy team to shreds, Toney getting a ban for gambling and Mitrovic for assaulting the ref.

Terry Gibson's perm

Silly by Mitrovic but the f it had been Fernandes it might just have been a booking or a little telling off. The ref couldn’t get the card out any quicker.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Initially I though his arm was by his side and the ball would have hit his side anyway. But replay showed arm was extended from the body and definite pen and red.

skyblue1991

Having looked at the red cards by Fulham, it's time we took a leaf out of Rugby's book

Add microphones to the referees, quick VAR decisions and ultimately clamp down on disrespect to the referee

I'm not a huge Rugby fan but did see England received a red card in the game a couple of days ago and nobody questioned it; the player accepted it and walked off. Very refreshing

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Otis

Having looked at the red cards by Fulham, it's time we took a leaf out of Rugby's book

Add microphones to the referees, quick VAR decisions and ultimately clamp down on disrespect to the referee

I'm not a huge Rugby fan but did see England received a red card in the game a couple of days ago and nobody questioned it; the player accepted it and walked off. Very refreshing

All this surrounding the refs and intimidating them is just going to put people off refereeing.

Why would anyone want to do it these days and where is the incentive for kids to be one when they grow up?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

All this surrounding the refs and intimidating them is just going to put people off refereeing.

Why would anyone want to do it these days and where is the incentive for kids to be one when they grow up?
I thought there was the rule where if a third player approaches the referee they are automatically booked. yet there are games where I've seen half the team surrounding him. Surely that should be three or four yellows? But nothing.

It would be good if the refs actually followed laws like that but they rarely do because they'll be accused of 'ruining the game' and making the game about them. But it's the players ruining the game and if they actually got booked they'd soon stop doing it.

Let's say they took out the rule for a yellow if you take your shirt off to celebrate, which is a far less important rule. You'd see players taking their shirts off loads more because they'd know there was no sanction. So if refs are willing to apply that one rigourously why not stuff like surrounding the ref or dissent? It would be in their best interests and for the future of their profession and the game.

Sky Blue Pete

Lad reffed under 12’s game good set of lads who he’s reffed a couple of times this season

Talking and engaging with them and them with him

2-3 mins gone one of the coaches shouts across the pitch what about the pull back on one of his players.

Thankfully his players had no respect so didn’t copy.
Kids copy coaches and adults around the pitch then show off about 13 to 16 then find their own behaviour norms based around what they can get away with

The worry here is that mitrovic still acted how he did in front of 80000 plus millions on tv and he and his manager felt grabbing the ref was ok!!

At least a 10 match ban incoming and quite rightly

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

It’s a great game to be involved in
Parent shouted when their team didn’t clear the ball for everyone to here on Sunday morning u12

For fuck sake just clear the ball - fuckin hell

I turned round and smiled and just said come on really??

Brighton Sky Blue

Lad reffed under 12’s game good set of lads who he’s reffed a couple of times today

Talking and engaging with them and them with him

2-3 mins gone one of the coaches shouts across the pitch what about the pull back on one of his players.

Thankfully his players had no respect so didn’t copy.
Kids copy coaches and adults around the pitch then show off about 13 to 16 then find their own behaviour norms based around what they can get away with

The worry here is that mitrovic still acted how he did in front of 80000 plus millions on tv and he and his manager felt grabbing the ref was ok!!

At least a 10 match ban incoming and quite rightly

Sure it also helps your son knowing you’re also there to back him up if it comes to it. Funny how often these characters back off when faced with another adult

Sky Blue Pete

I thought there was the rule where if a third player approaches the referee they are automatically booked. yet there are games where I've seen half the team surrounding him. Surely that should be three or four yellows? But nothing.

It would be good if the refs actually followed laws like that but they rarely do because they'll be accused of 'ruining the game' and making the game about them. But it's the players ruining the game and if they actually got booked they'd soon stop doing it.

Let's say they took out the rule for a yellow if you take your shirt off to celebrate, which is a far less important rule. You'd see players taking their shirts off loads more because they'd know there was no sanction. So if refs are willing to apply that one rigourously why not stuff like surrounding the ref or dissent? It would be in their best interests and for the future of their profession and the game.
Bang on
Mitrovic behaves like this every game
Always in the ref face
Always arguing
Rarely booked
You could argue yok and dissent the last 10 games hasn’t been handled properly
Has to be zero tolerance but sky and the fa a shit scared of the bad publicity from games being abandoned when 5 players a red carded

Users who are viewing this thread