FA Cup 23/24 (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

Don't care - Still buzzin from yesterday.
Stacks of time left for them to accrue injuries and for us to do a tiptoe act.
Let's get 'The World's End' before they get it!

SBT

I did wonder how Bruno Fernandes had kept on top of our form, and he’s given the most Premier League answer possible:
"I see some some of their games because my chef at home is a Sunderland fan, so I get to see some Championship games sometimes with him at home.”

SkyBlueSoul

I did wonder how Bruno Fernandes had kept on top of our form, and he’s given the most Premier League answer possible:
Can't help but picture something in the style of one of the old WKD adverts.

Fernandes sits down on his sofa with a freshly prepared dinner and a glass of wine ready to watch the Champions League. He reaches for the remote when his slightly overweight chef comes bounding in. "Budge up marra!" as he bounces down next to him, puts his feet up on the coffee table and kicks over the wine while grabbing the remote and putting on Sunderland v Coventry.

Paul Anthony

No more replays from next season

What a load of rubbish.

Part of the magic and heritage of the cup is the unfancied underdog taking the big team to a replay, and they're trying to kill that off. Just another thing done to try and keep the top clubs happy.

Brighton Sky Blue

What a load of rubbish.

Part of the magic and heritage of the cup is the unfancied underdog taking the big team to a replay, and they're trying to kill that off. Just another thing done to try and keep the top clubs happy.
Equally, a replay against Sheffield Wednesday wasn’t exactly what the doctor ordered.

wingy

Agreed I hear, not true final decision taken by FA and premier league, Clive misrepresenting the facts as I understand?

wingy

Premier league won't be, sorry world Gov't won't be happy until it's got down to one team participating!

stupot07

The irony being that the big clubs are happy to play an additional 8-10+ games a season in Europe but don't want to play an extremely rare fa cup replay.

Man city, Liverpool and Arsenal didn't even have a replay this season.

The Premier League won't be happy until they have their European super league with no relegations.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Frostie

The irony being that the big clubs are happy to play an additional 8-10+ games a season in Europe but don't want to play an extremely rare fa cup replay.

Man city, Liverpool and Arsenal didn't even have a replay this season.

The Premier League won't be happy until they have their European super league with no relegations.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Disgusting but not in the least bit surprising.
729 clubs take part in the FA Cup yet only the mega rich 20 have a say.

Remember all the fuss they made about the winter break?
That's quietly been scrapped too in favour of an extended summer break under the guise of extra rest when everyone knows they'll just use it for extra money spinning exhibition matches abroad.

The likes of Bournemouth will play 43 games this season. EFL & non-league clubs play more than that in the league alone & with much smaller squads.

Pretending it's about anything other than PL greed is insulting everyone's intelligence.

Screenshot_20240418-143836.png

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What a load of rubbish.

Wouldn't mind so much if they changed the draw to allowing the club in the lower league to choose which ground it's played at.

fernandopartridge

Disgusting but not in the least bit surprising.
729 clubs take part in the FA Cup yet only the mega rich 20 have a say.

Remember all the fuss they made about the winter break?
That's quietly been scrapped too in favour of an extended summer break under the guise of extra rest when everyone knows they'll just use it for extra money spinning exhibition matches abroad.

The likes of Bournemouth will play 43 games this season. EFL & non-league clubs play more than that in the league alone & with much smaller squads.

Pretending it's about anything other than PL greed is insulting everyone's intelligence.

View attachment 35167
Indeed when only the PL has been consulted about it, it's great to see them all struggling in Europe

Users who are viewing this thread