FA Cup draw (1 Viewer)

Astute

I guess we were the same the same hoping for Man City.
I would have been happy with a side below the Championship or a top Prem side. With the 3 that were remaining I expected Luton. That would have been a poor draw.

Maidstone had the chance of 2 Prem sides or us. We were most probably their worst draw out of the 3 remaining sides.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I don’t think the ones you’ve won really count in the big boys world of football.

Wiki has you down as having won the
Fourth division play-off winners, does that get a trophy?
EFL trophy.
Third division winners.
Seeing as many of you don’t think the League Cup is a proper trophy I reckon you’re pushing your luck claiming three.
We have two proper Wembley wins since 2017.

You said starved of success, if you’re in League 1 and win the league, that’s relative success. You can’t win the Champions League in League 1 and League 2 so the EFL trophy will do.

I wouldn’t call the League Cup worthless but the Charity Shield is.

Finally, like I said before the 3-1 win:

The usual shite trying to wax lyrical about how important and great Leicester is.

If a bloke walked into a pub and shouted how good looking they were and how much money they’ve got, everyone would think what a bellend and assume the opposite. The same applies with you here.

You’ve had an account on a ‘not rivals’ fans forum for over ten years, you’re desperate to stress your own importance and how wonderful your sweatshop ridden city is. I hope all of this has helped to overcome your imposter/little dick syndrome.

What time will you be at the Wheatsheaf on Saturday? I’m sure you’ll be in early to tell us all how significant and wonderful Leicester is.

NWS

No love lost between HB and Maidstone, I'm lead to believe!!
Most clubs in Kent don't like us. We are seen as a bit BBB. I can fully appreciate why Dartford don't like us. Gillingham and Tonbridge are rivalry things. Don't understand why Herne Bay dislike us so much. Still, even their most ardent supporter shook my hand and said well done on Saturday.
I'm hoping the game is on Tuesday, as I have much less to swap around. Monday or Wednesday is more difficult. Swap it about I shall though.

Coventry or sheff weds its another great game for us. Once we would have been really excited to play at Aldershot. Now there is a little bit of disappointment at going to a 30k plus ground. Quite silly really. We got a real buzz out of going to Ipswich and we made a real occasion of it (even jumping off roofs🤣). We will enjoy it again whichever ground we are off to.

After that....its off to worry about the next round. Those prem sides -scared as they are - can't avoid us forever🤣🤣

NWS

God, it's bad enough on here with regulars arguing and now we've got Leics/Maidstone at it...

Sad you can't leave the shire in weekdays.
It's a bit sad that us non-leaguers are having to help you out with your noisy neighbours🤣🤣

Legia Sky Blue

I would have been happy with a side below the Championship or a top Prem side. With the 3 that were remaining I expected Luton. That would have been a poor draw.

Maidstone had the chance of 2 Prem sides or us. We were most probably their worst draw out of the 3 remaining sides.

Agreed on Man City, but I'm pretty sure they would rather play at the CBS or Hillsborough than Kenilworth Road.

Travs

They wanted Man City away and were a little disappointed it didn't happen.

It was no more than that.

It wasn't "disrespect", nor was it a dig at us or Sheff Weds (nor indeed Luton either).

HerneBayGaz

Most clubs in Kent don't like us. We are seen as a bit BBB. I can fully appreciate why Dartford don't like us. Gillingham and Tonbridge are rivalry things. Don't understand why Herne Bay dislike us so much. Still, even their most ardent supporter shook my hand and said well done on Saturday.
I'm hoping the game is on Tuesday, as I have much less to swap around. Monday or Wednesday is more difficult. Swap it about I shall though.

Coventry or sheff weds its another great game for us. Once we would have been really excited to play at Aldershot. Now there is a little bit of disappointment at going to a 30k plus ground. Quite silly really. We got a real buzz out of going to Ipswich and we made a real occasion of it (even jumping off roofs🤣). We will enjoy it again whichever ground we are off to.

After that....its off to worry about the next round. Those prem sides -scared as they are - can't avoid us forever🤣🤣
The reason HB dislike you is some years back we played you in a pre-season friendly at your place. Something happened during the game(don't know what) after the game someone turned the hot water off and our players had to shower or bath in cold water. It all stems from that.

Enjoy other big day out. Who ever you play. Hope its Coventry. But both teams have had illustrious past. And I don't think either team will make the same mistake that Ipswich made. They will take the tie very seriously. And I feel you may get a spanking. But it's the FA cup and anything can happen. Good luck in the league. And who knows you may one day make your way up through the leagues.

Please feel free to pop into the Copper Pottle Beltinge, for a light ale 🍺

JohnWH

They wanted Man City away and were a little disappointed it didn't happen.

It was no more than that.

It wasn't "disrespect", nor was it a dig at us or Sheff Weds (nor indeed Luton either).

I've never seen the appeal of many wanting specifically an away game at Man City (or Chelsea, Man U, whoever is the dominant team that particular year), as it's 99% guarantee of just getting flattened and embarrassed.
I've heard the usual explanations ('great' away day fun, the money, better to get beat go home focus on the league). Just still don't "get it"

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I need a bigger net.
Ooh you’re so tough.
Does your mum know you act up when you’re of her sight?

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Astute

Agreed on Man City, but I'm pretty sure they would rather play at the CBS or Hillsborough than Kenilworth Road.
They already beat Ipswich who are above us.

Better to beat/lose to a Prem side than a Championship side.

Grendel

They already beat Ipswich who are above us.

Better to beat/lose to a Prem side than a Championship side.

They would have had hardly any allocation for the game - they’d rather go and watch it and they can get 4,500 tickets for the CBS

hackneyfox

It's going to be interesting in a way.

Miss one promotion back up and the trouble starts. High wage bill and the parachute payments get lower. Doesn't take much to become an also ran in the Championship.

Take next season for an example. Southampton, Leeds and us. All good sides in the Championship. If we don't go up this season we will hit the ground running next season. It's possible that all 3 of us will still be in the Championship next season. 3 sides come down that lose their best players. The Championship seems to get more stronger teams each season.
Seems much worse than the last time we were down here, not many decent strikers for a start.

Travs

I've never seen the appeal of many wanting specifically an away game at Man City (or Chelsea, Man U, whoever is the dominant team that particular year), as it's 99% guarantee of just getting flattened and embarrassed.
I've heard the usual explanations ('great' away day fun, the money, better to get beat go home focus on the league). Just still don't "get it"

For us i'd agree entirely.

For Maidstone, i can see the appeal.

Astute

Seems much worse than the last time we were down here, not many decent strikers for a start.
If that's the case why have you been so poor against the teams near the top?

Last 2 games. Both against sides in the top 6. You've managed a massive 1 point.

I'd like to play you every week. Once you come against sides near the top your defence gets shown for what it is. Very poor. And we're not Prem quality yet.

As you know we've had a bit of banter on here for well over 10 years now. You've actually been a member on here longer than me. But I don't shit you. I say it how it is. I congratulated you on your Prem win. But if you struggle against the better Championship sides what hope have you next season?

Travs

Tbf they're pissing the league by 7 points, i don't think they're struggling, any club can have a blip. Look at the start to our season.... we'll have a bad spell between now and end of season.

Astute

Tbf they're pissing the league by 7 points, i don't think they're struggling, any club can have a blip. Look at the start to our season.... we'll have a bad spell between now and end of season.
Who said struggling?

But next season is a different matter. They have a poor record against the top sides in the Championship. Would you say the top sides in the Championship would be on a par with Premier sides?

NWS

The reason HB dislike you is some years back we played you in a pre-season friendly at your place. Something happened during the game(don't know what) after the game someone turned the hot water off and our players had to shower or bath in cold water. It all stems from that.

Enjoy other big day out. Who ever you play. Hope its Coventry. But both teams have had illustrious past. And I don't think either team will make the same mistake that Ipswich made. They will take the tie very seriously. And I feel you may get a spanking. But it's the FA cup and anything can happen. Good luck in the league. And who knows you may one day make your way up through the leagues.

Please feel free to pop into the Copper Pottle Beltinge, for a light ale 🍺
There was a cup game at the Gallagher a few years back when a 16 year old keeper got a ludicrous amount of abuse. TBH we got sick of the 3 people doing it and started singing songs at them. It was embarrassing. Even now you will hear Stones fans shout "keepAHHH" at opposing goalies. It is direct reference to that night. Don't know anything about water.

I tend to agree about what will happen in the game and this will be our final game. Its been bloody great though and to witness my team - who I used to watch on park pitches 25 years ago - win at Portman Road and then play at Hillsborough or The Ricoh is dream stuff. I don't support a big side and Maidstone. It's just Maidstone. At this moment, I'm loving it!

NWS

For us i'd agree entirely.

For Maidstone, i can see the appeal.
You can't see the appeal of getting flattened at Anfield etc because you are not a non-league fan who will never see their team go there

Travs

You can't see the appeal of getting flattened at Anfield etc because you are not a non-league fan who will never see their team go there

Yes, i'm not disagreeing with you.

I've seen us play (and win) at Anfield, and its entirely possible we might be there again in the next few seasons.

Its clearly a different viewpoint to a non-league fan/club where this might have been their one chance to play away at a major club.

Reactions: NWS

Travs

Who said struggling?

But next season is a different matter. They have a poor record against the top sides in the Championship. Would you say the top sides in the Championship would be on a par with Premier sides?

They've only dropped 18pts all season (now 10pts clear btw)

Their record is not poor by any intepretation. They clearly aren't quite good enough for the premier league, which is why they went down last year. They've got more points already than we got in all of last season.... they're clearly the best team in the divison, so on paper they've as good a chance of any of staying up next year.

Not that it works like that anyway.... look at Luton, they're making the best fist of it out of the promoted sides, and who would've put their money on that.

Astute

They've only dropped 18pts all season (now 10pts clear btw)

Their record is not poor by any intepretation. They clearly aren't quite good enough for the premier league, which is why they went down last year. They've got more points already than we got in all of last season.... they're clearly the best team in the divison, so on paper they've as good a chance of any of staying up next year.

Not that it works like that anyway.... look at Luton, they're making the best fist of it out of the promoted sides, and who would've put their money on that.
So you agree but disagree.

And onto Luton. I had them and us for the playoff final. The two outsiders. I then said how they might stay up not because of their players but because how they are as a unit. Also having a shite ground could be an advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread