FA Cup prize money (3 Viewers)

Phoenix5555

Am i correct in thinking that the win yesterday has got us close to a million pounds extra in prize money for winning the QF and guaranteed semi final money?
Add on the extra revenue from ticket sales, merchandise etc and this could be a good chunk of money to spend next season and also pushes up our limit for ffp

Grendel

Yes it’s a million so far

Londonccfcfan

Am i correct in thinking that the win yesterday has got us close to a million pounds extra in prize money for winning the QF and guaranteed semi final money?
Add on the extra revenue from ticket sales, merchandise etc and this could be a good chunk of money to spend next season and also pushes up our limit for ffp
And there's TV revenue of i believe 120k per match both teams get.

theferret

Think it's guaranteed 950K in prize money in total if we lose semi. Plus share of gate receipts from 5 games so far (45%) which won't be huge for some of the early games but should be decent for yesterday.

For the semis it is different, we get a 1/4 share of 58.5% total gate receipts for the 2 games, so almost 15% of total of around 160,000 attending.

Add the TV money it's been a nice little earner.

Jamiepwns

We've already made £900k in prize money, the loser of the semi gets £500k and the winner £1m.

So we're guaranteed £1.4m from prize money alone, add on gate receipts and TV money then it'll be around £2m-£2.5m made from this cup run (this is if we lose in the semi).

Not bad at all.

theferret

We've already made £900k in prize money, the loser of the semi gets £500k and the winner £1m.

So we're guaranteed £1.4m from prize money alone, add on gate receipts and TV money then it'll be around £2m-£2.5m made from this cup run (this is if we lose in the semi).

Not bad at all.

That's not how it works I don't think. You don't earn prize money for winning each round, you earn the money based on your exit round. If you exit at the 5th round, the prize money you earn is based on the 4th winners amount, and that is the total you get. It changes at this stage where you earn £450K for winning 1/4 final and also a guaranteed 500K for losing the semi, so it is 950K total.

fatso

You can't really put a total cash advantage to a good cup run though.

There's no definitive value to the amount of money that increased shirt sales, scarf sales, future season tickets, new fans, bigger league attendances etc etc might bring in, not to mention the increased exposure that drives up future sponsorship revenue,

Or even the bigger transfer prices our players may well bring in.
Every player will be in the shop window for the semi-final, Doug King will be over the moon, I'm sure he'd take 40 million for Wright and Simms and 20 Mill for Eccles and Thomas.
🤑🤑🤑

Jamiepwns

That's not how it works I don't think. You don't earn prize money for winning each round, you earn the money based on your exit round. If you exit at the 5th round, the prize money you earn is based on the 4th winners amount, and that is the total you get. It changes at this stage where you earn £450K for winning 1/4 final and also a guaranteed 500K for losing the semi, so it is 950K total.

No you definitely get paid for every round you win.

Have a look at the FA's prize fund breakdown Emirates FA Cup prize fund
"Amounts are per club in each round. Numbers in brackets represent the number of clubs receiving the respective payment per round"

Sky Blue Harry H

Never mind that - Pochettino just referenced us on BBC 'look what happened to Coventry yesterday' The big names are becoming aware of us. Get ready for Pep, Klopp and Ten Haag having to wax lyrical about us :love::love::love:

Sick Boy

Never mind that - Pochettino just referenced us on BBC 'look what happened to Coventry yesterday' The big names are becoming aware of us. Get ready for Pep, Klopp and Ten Haag having to wax lyrical about us :love::love::love:
Makes a change from Wenger reference to us years ago.

M&B Stand

Cant seem to find the TV Broadcast Fee for the semi final, but its the thick end of quarter of a million per club.

Evo1883

I worked out yesterday that if we lose the semi final we will have made roughly 1.4 mill in prize money

bigfatronssba

Doug King must be walking around with a permanent hardon with how much money the club has been able to take in over the last year

Martw

No you definitely get paid for every round you win.

Have a look at the FA's prize fund breakdown Emirates FA Cup prize fund
"Amounts are per club in each round. Numbers in brackets represent the number of clubs receiving the respective payment per round"
Yep this is correct - I read it as each club gets that amount for winning each round . We are up to about £1.4 million on prize money guaranteed

Brighton Sky Blue

All in with TV and tickets you’re looking at £2-2.5 million. Add it on to hopefully a Gyokeres sell on and all of a sudden that’s an extra £10 mill for the summer.

The really insane thing would be if we defied the odds and won the semi.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

All in with TV and tickets you’re looking at £2-2.5 million. Add it on to hopefully a Gyokeres sell on and all of a sudden that’s an extra £10 mill for the summer.

And as Jim Bowen would say on Bullseye, and look at what you could've won, SISU. 😂😂😂

shmmeee

What’s a place in the Europa League worth?

ccfc1234

Doug King must be walking around with a permanent hardon with how much money the club has been able to take in over the last year
Hope he is good to his word and will not be siphoning any money out the club and will reinvent in more infrastructure projects and players to get us to the top.

Brighton Sky Blue

What’s a place in the Europa League worth?
If you get to the group stage you get £3.2m. FA Cup winners go straight to that.

Winning each game you play there gets an extra £500k, a draw £200k. Top your group you get another £900k, runner up another £500k.

A strong Championship team should be capable of winning at least a couple of games with some draws, so all in it’s worth another £4-5m I think.

Last edited:

M&B Stand

If you get to the group stage you get £3.2m. FA Cup winners go straight to that.

Winning each game you play there gets an extra £500k, a draw £200k. Top your group you get another £900k, runner up another £500k.

A strong Championship team should be capable of winning at least a couple of games with some draws, so all in it’s worth another £4-5m I think.
A 46 game championship and a European campaign would be need a good squad. It’d be unbelievable though. Imagine how many we’d take to Prague or Vienna!? Would be the stuff of dreams.

Saddlebrains

I worked out yesterday that if we lose the semi final we will have made roughly 1.4 mill in prize money

Add in the extra revenue from things were looking at close to 2 million

I was told from the play off run, fron the last few home games onwards we made 3.5 million which also isnt to be sniffed at

Brighton Sky Blue

A 46 game championship and a European campaign would be need a good squad. It’d be unbelievable though. Imagine how many we’d take to Prague or Vienna!? Would be the stuff of dreams.
It would, but off the back of beating both Manchester clubs at Wembley and getting European football, you’d be able to attract some serious talent.

Got to be realistic, there’s virtually nil chance of it happening, but you’re right it would be dreamland.

shmmeee

46 league games
6 euro games
2 cups

that’s a 54 game season minimum. Would have to be the biggest possible minimum season in European football surely?

bigfatronssba

Hope he is good to his word and will not be siphoning any money out the club and will reinvent in more infrastructure projects and players to get us to the top.

I’d like to think he’s more sensible than that.
We’re in a position now where the club is able to progress without massive outside investment. So long as Doug just keeps funding the relatively small losses, and he transfer fee income to stay within the club, he’ll see a good return on his investment

Users who are viewing this thread