FA Cup Thread: Examples Of Media Writing Us Off (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

I don't know why people get annoyed at it. It's reality. They are significantly larger than us.

That should give us all the comfort we need to go and play without pressure, attack them and see what happens.

It was the same against Wolves and look what happened. The fact we are even in the position to be considered by them is amazing.

Evo1883

All this does for me is make me want to be back in the Premier league , the level of attention and global interaction that division gets is immense and just hearing our name being talked about by everybody makes me want promotion so bad

fernandopartridge

Not writing us off but listening to the latest episode of the Totally Football Show and they started talking about how Everton will be kicking themselves because they ‘loaned out Ellis Simms to Coventry and they need a goalscorer’. Even doubled down and said ‘well we only started scoring recently which will be why they didn’t recall him’…
Just clowns really - like most of these pod boys

clint van damme

All this does for me is make me want to be back in the Premier league , the level of attention and global interaction that division gets is immense and just hearing our name being talked about by everybody makes me want promotion so bad

Promotions inevitable!

Sick Boy

Next season is the one!

clint van damme

It isn't. Anyone can find an angle if they have an agenda, and it is the usual suspects doing it here. The politics has been pushed to a thread on the off topic chat for a reason. Leave it there.

What bollocks, someone mentioned Terry Christian, I described an interaction I'd had with him where he at least engaged rather than just blocking me, the context of that interaction isn't really relevant.
For the record, I think he's a massive pillock and have done since the word but credit where credits due

skyblueelephant76

Not writing us off but listening to the latest episode of the Totally Football Show and they started talking about how Everton will be kicking themselves because they ‘loaned out Ellis Simms to Coventry and they need a goalscorer’. Even doubled down and said ‘well we only started scoring recently which will be why they didn’t recall him’…
Sorry, I missed this when I posted.

Worst part was it was the presenter from the Not the Top 20 podcast that said it first. He should know better.

mmttww

Wouldn't get this nonsense from Mark Lamarr

I... don't get it. Is he saying we're all Queens?

or is he just a lazy troll that's deliberately ignoring three sold-out visits in five years and counting?

Otis

Luckily we went full strength and squeaked by 5-0
These were totally unproven players though.

I would get it if they were glowing reports of them from the U21's and they looked ready to step up

These have been ones that have just been filling the subs bench due to shortage of numbers.

We've had ones in the past and said give them a chance, but they have been ones that were said to be ready to step up and had been impressing

To play Stretton, Andrews and Lusala, would have been nuts.

ajsccfc

I still choose to believe this Goldbridge chap is just a character created by an actor to go viral for weekly doses of stupidity, but then that would mean most 'influencers' are also in on the joke which seems unlikely. The world's just full of idiots isn't it

clint van damme

I still choose to believe this Goldbridge chap is just a character created by an actor to go viral for weekly doses of stupidity, but then that would mean most 'influencers' are also in on the joke which seems unlikely. The world's just full of idiots isn't it

How do people know who he is or where to see his content?
Genuinely know nothing about these weirdos other than the occasional link put up on here.

ajsccfc

You see them on Twitter but always in a 'look at this guy getting dunked on' kind of thing which gets more attention than anything. It takes an admirable lack of shame to monetise themselves in that way

torchomatic

Genuinely know nothing about these weirdos other than the occasional link put up on here.

Which makes the number of people who follow this guy (and similar) doubly staggering. Or troubling.

oakey

Because following Twatery passes as entertainment in the modern world. It's a race to the bottom (feeders).

Briles

actually a very talented actor. He is in fact a 63 year old Nigerian woman

Hertsccfc

Didn't we (as a fanbase) completely write off Maidstone United after they'd just knocked out a better team than us in the previous round?

Are we now demanding everyone puts us on an even footing with Manchester United?

Of course we're being written off.
Yes there were some saying we should play Lusala, Tavares and a bunch of 16/17 year olds. Thankfully we didn't!

SBT

Yes there were some saying we should play Lusala, Tavares and a bunch of 16/17 year olds. Thankfully we didn't!
Beating Maidstone by only two or three goals instead of five could have been disastrous for this cup run

Hobo

We are the underdogs fact. I don't know why people are getting upset. Let's face it our fans say things like I want such and such team because we have a better chance of beating them.

Just be proud we are the last underdog standing. PUSB

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It’s just the arrogance of it. Not even acknowledging that it could happen. Even I was slightly nervous about Maidstone as we’d come off the back of a bad defeat, and it’s the cup, but knew we had enough really to see it through.

If Leicester had kept 11 players on the pitch yesterday they’d probably have beaten Chelsea the way it was going.
I think we are all realistic enough to acknowledge that Man Utd should win, but you never know.

Let them with all the arrogance.

They were saying the same thing back in 87, Tottenham with all the international's and look what happen.

fernandopartridge

It was this:

Though you did cover all bases to be fair, i retract my earlier post.

baldy

his videos came up on my YouTube recommendations where it showed him gettin pissed off that his Man U teams could never beat Burnley in FIFA

SBT

His whole shtick is designed to piss people off and get them to share his stuff and he’s really good at it

Users who are viewing this thread