FA cup (2 Viewers)

dongonzalos

I share many concerns over Baker, in particular the issue that he tends to lose possession far too frequently, however.....

talk about bending "facts" to fit the argument -

"0 goals in the league from open play" - a statistic specifically constructed to ignore the goal from open play in the Carling Cup against Brum and the goal direct from a free kick last Saturday.

It doesn't strengthen the argument, it just looks petty.

Ha ha, also when say I relative include the brum match. Compare assists and goals to our other players. I would guess only Fleck and DMC would be comparable

stupot07

I share many concerns over Baker, in particular the issue that he tends to lose possession far too frequently, however.....

talk about bending "facts" to fit the argument -

"0 goals in the league from open play" - a statistic specifically constructed to ignore the goal from open play in the Carling Cup against Brum and the goal direct from a free kick last Saturday.

It doesn't strengthen the argument, it just looks petty.

I wasn't meaning to be petty, the league is our bread and butter and in the grand scheme of things the only competition that counts. He was superb against Brum, the best game well in a year.

He's scored 2 league goals both direct freekicks, however he hasn't scored from open play. We're talking about his contribution in games and his "quality" to affect games. In open play in the league he has 1 'proper' assist.

If you thinking I'm being picky because its Baker, I would be also be excluding Flecks penalty if we were talking about him.

And plenty on here loved bashing Juke in his first season because most of his goals were from the penalty spot.

stupot07

Ha ha, also when say I relative include the brum match. Compare assists and goals to our other players. I would guess only Fleck and DMC would be comparable

But isn't that more to do with the lack of quality in the starting eleven and the squad as a whole more than Baker being a "quality" player?

DazzleTommyDazzle

I wasn't meaning to be petty, the league is our bread and butter and in the grand scheme of things the only competition that counts. He was superb against Brum, the best game well in a year.

He's scored 2 league goals both direct freekicks, however he hasn't scored from open play. We're talking about his contribution in games and his "quality" to affect games. In open play in the league he has 1 'proper' assist.

If you thinking I'm being picky because its Baker, I would be also be excluding Flecks penalty if we were talking about him.

And plenty on here loved bashing Juke in his first season because most of his goals were from the penalty spot.

I think it's fair enough to exclude penalties because you'd expect them to be converted on say 9 out of 10 occassions.

Free kicks is rather different.

What percentage of free kicks would you estimate we've scored off in the last couple of years?

Otis

I think Baker has 2 and I recall McShuff getting one. Besides that, I'm struggling.

stupot07

I think it's fair enough to exclude penalties because you'd expect them to be converted on say 9 out of 10 occassions.

Free kicks is rather different.

What percentage of free kicks would you estimate we've scored off in the last couple of years?

Fair enough tommy

CJparker

If all our players were as mediocre and inconsistent as Baker, we'd be down near the bottom of the league....oh wait...

MrsMills

Out of interest what position did he play for you?

Left / wide attacking midfield with a bit of freedom to wander.

Looks like it's time to put the - is he class? / is he poor? debate to bed. All the arguments are out there X 10 and you're always gonna have different views. I'm sure the protracted debate doesn't make Carl feel any better about running out on the pitch.

Anyway, I get from this thread that your spirits are down, morale is low, confidence is waning year in year out, performances are riddled with inconsistencies, players are frightened of making mistakes.

Good time to play you then.

(And historically we do have a 100% record against you never even having conceded a goal ................. :whistle:)

Good luck against Hartlepool today

Brighton Sky Blue

Left / wide attacking midfield with a bit of freedom to wander.

Looks like it's time to put the - is he class? / is he poor? debate to bed. All the arguments are out there X 10 and you're always gonna have different views. I'm sure the protracted debate doesn't make Carl feel any better about running out on the pitch.

Anyway, I get from this thread that your spirits are down, morale is low, confidence is waning year in year out, performances are riddled with inconsistencies, players are frightened of making mistakes.

Good time to play you then.

(And historically we do have a 100% record against you never even having conceded a goal ................. :whistle:)

Good luck against Hartlepool today

The last 12 years have been a good time to play against us. :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread