FA Cup (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Does anyone really give a hoot who wins the FA Cup today? I lost interest ages ago. I didn't even know who was in the bloody final until this morning! Shan't be watching it. :sleep:

Grendel

Does anyone really give a hoot who wins the FA Cup today? I lost interest ages ago. I didn't even know who was in the bloody final until this morning! Shan't be watching it. :sleep:

I agree. Having it before the end of the season, in the evening and having other premier games on the same day reduces it to JPT level.

It should have the 4th champions league slot to rekindle interest.

Covstu

I am definitely watching it but annoyed it is on at 5pm and coincides with other premiership games, this certainly devalues it. I just want to see a decent game and hope wigan give them a good game but they certainly wont win.

Paxman II

I have to say the magic has gone. Once a great occasion with required all day armchair viewing. Now reduced to a sideshow issue that has little meaning anymore. I bet Wigan would rather win their next 2 league games and stay up than play this game? Money has ruined sections of the game and in particular the traditions.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I have to say the magic has gone. Once a great occasion with required all day armchair viewing. Now reduced to a sideshow issue that has little meaning anymore. I bet Wigan would rather win their next 2 league games and stay up than play this game? Money has ruined sections of the game and in particular the traditions.

I can only assume that if City ever got to the final again you would have no interest after all a game of no meaning!

skybluejelly

Firstly what other matches does it clash with..???

Wigan remind me of us when we were in the top flight,mostly struggling at the bottom of the league but occasionally putting in excellent performances (but when they do its because the big team are having an off day ??) not because they are playing well..

I really hope Wigan win I admire Dave whelan won't be bullied by players wanting huge pay rises.. Immediately terminated marlons contract when he was convicted.. And sticks by his managers,,

Good luck Wigan show those over paid lackies how it's done

wingy

Have watched and enjoyed ,but agree with OP as to it being devalued etc.

Has it been pulled forward to allow the German invasion ,Next week??

Gotta love the underdog.

wingy

Also tragic to see empty seats through the greed of FA ....Wembley et al ,how about a lottery for the Armed forces to take any spare seats.

SkyblueBazza

Well that's the first final I've watched for what seems like 5yrs after losing interest due to the de-valuing of it as an event...the kick-off time, dull 0-0s, the relatively predictable contestants, the Wembley steps changed, interviews for TV taking precedent over celebrating with the fans...there are loads of things that have stolen the magic.
This season, knowing that Wigan CAN & do largely go for entertaining style & that Man City despite their millions - can be very unpredictable & vulnerable at times - but aren't often boring - I thought I'd give it a whirl.
And I'm glad I did - a very good game & I was even not worried about a dull 0-0...& then the winner!
Congratulations & well done Wigan - one for the little guy.

The CableGuy

Great win for Wigan, totally deserved. Always great to see the underdogs win (and we know something about that don't we? ;)).

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Pleased for Dave Whelan. One guy who knows how to run a football club!

Just hope that victory and overall performance can help Wogan to Prem safety. However I think today will have taken A lot out of them and they may struggle to get the points they need

SkyBlue_Bear83

Todays result means anything other than a win vs Arsenal will see Wigan relegated. I think its quite sad that the winners of the FA Cup will likely be relegated in the same season, has this ever happened before?

wingy

Todays result means anything other than a win vs Arsenal will see Wigan relegated. I think its quite sad that the winners of the FA Cup will likely be relegated in the same season, has this ever happened before?

Birmingham ?? Was that LC?:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread