Fabulous article on westley being gutted (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Stonewall penalty, goal definitely offside and how there could have been 5 mins injury time is beyond him!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahaga

MayallMan

If there keeper hadn't of gone down for 2 mins with time left to play there wouldn't have been 5 mins! AAAA Karma! :p

tippex9

I'm going to screen shot that, I'll be smiling for weeks.

garbage manager who teaches knuckle dragging football

TommyAtkins

Yeah but you can't deny he has got under your skin - so to speak

This is what Westley does. He winds people up. Just ignore him

Mucca Mad Boys

Don't rate Westley as a manager, shit tactics and should be doing better IMO. Oh well, as long as CCFC do well.

WestEndAgro

The Guys a fuck in prick, and that's probably the nicest thing I can say about him

skybluesloyal83

I sat just behind the away dugout for both of our games against preston and the bloke is a complete arsehole and his number two Dino Maamria (don't even ask who the fuck he is!) isnt much better either....it was complete justice that time got added on when their keeper went down like a fanny and we knocked two in. I sat there watching Westley and three of his coaches in the fourth officials earhole all game while our bench just got on with the job, we didnt sink to their level and kept trying to play our own game and we got our reward in the end...great to see :D:D:D

kg82

Is he talking about the stonewall penalty where Garner made absolutely no effort to get the ball and made a back for Wood, who was fully focussed on the ball? The stonewall penalty where it should've been a free kick to us (which they said on telly too!)? THAT stonewall penalty? Add to that they scored from the damn corner anyway - douchebag!

SBT

Strikes me as the kind of bloke who would get all wound up and defensive if he was managing an under-8's team. Which is about his level tbh.

tippex9

On Sky he said they were unfortunate to go in at half-time behind, their goal was that first effort on target....

....and that needed the help of Adams' face!!!

ricohman

No praise for cov then like robins praised Preston. The best attacking team won Which is the point of the game westly.

He said decisions didnt go his way. What abount the flailing Arms that went unpunished first 25mins

AngryAnt

it is always tough to accept a decision as blatant as that but in fairness we didn’t get the rub of the green with decisions all night.

Uh i'm sorry? rub of the green? So the two only semi shots on target that i recall them having ALL night, took such bad deflections that they ended up near Leeds.. But no, thats not any luck at all, thats just a normal night right?... right? :slap:

" I am certain five minutes went up because Steve Simonsen went down in the 89th minute.

“He went down because he suffered a cartilage injury which is going to keep him out for weeks or maybe months. We had made three changes and he had to see the game out until the death.”

Aint time wasting a bitch? So glad they suffered for it. If its true, then i hope he recovers quickly, but all the guy did was run onto the pitch, move the leg and run off again after wasting 2mins.. Oh and three changes, thats the laws of the game. You could have stuck someone in goal if he was that close to his deathbed...

...What a prat. Least MR gave them credit (even if they basically played anti-football in my opinion).

Baginton

I will be looking out for their team line up at the weekend to see if the goalie is out for weeks/months

why didnt he go off if he was injured?

bad losers :whistle:

@richh87

He's like a shit mix between Tony Pulis and Fergie

We were saying he's a cross between excuse-making, ref blaming Steve Cotterill, and John Gregory - with his slicked back hair.

Either way he's a complete knob.

Otis

He also said 'they earned the right to be in the lead after 90 mins.'

Earned from where? Murphy didn't even have a shot to save. Two horrible deflections is all Preston had to show for themselves all game, while we on the other hand, went close on a number of occasions and also had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

As for his stone wall pen? The bloke is deluded. As the Sky commentator said, that should have been a free kick to us and he was very surprised we weren't given it. Not a single mention of any penalty shout on the tv.

tippex9

No rub of the green?

Their first goal came from a corner that shouldn't even have happened because of their pen shout which was a foul on Wood.

The goal was going straight to Murphy if Adams face didn't wander into the line of fire.

The cross for their second goal, was actually a big deflection off Adams that took it backwards and to the goalscorer,

His shot was like pinball wizard.

When you play percentage football & lump it forward you are basically playing the odds that sooner or later it'll drop for you, problem is it doesn't always!! They were fortunate to get two!!!!

Otis

No rub of the green?

Their first goal came from a corner that shouldn't even have happened because of their pen shout which was a foul on Wood.

The goal was going straight to Murphy if Adams face didn't wander into the line of fire.

The cross for their second goal, was actually a big deflection off Adams that took it backwards and to the goalscorer,

His shot was like pinball wizard.

When you play percentage football & lump it forward you are basically playing the odds that sooner or later it'll drop for you, problem is it doesn't always!! They were fortunate to get two!!!!

Exactly and you can apply the following calculation;

Jennings goal minus two horrible deflections of theirs plus the Baker goal minus Clarke's offside goal plus Edge's perfectly good goal = a 3-0 win for us!

Astute

Don't rate Westley as a manager, shit tactics and should be doing better IMO. Oh well, as long as CCFC do well.

TBF they would have hammered us if they had someone capable of scoring goals with all the possession they had or if our defence never played so well. Shit tactics I agree, but we struggle against them each time.

CUS Wyken

TBF they would have hammered us if they had someone capable of scoring goals with all the possession they had or if our defence never played so well. Shit tactics I agree, but we struggle against them each time.

What??????

They didn't test Murphy all night. Possession means fuck all if you can create chances. We created plenty over the 90 mins.

Astute

What??????

They didn't test Murphy all night. Possession means fuck all if you can create chances. We created plenty over the 90 mins.

Ah I see you understand whilst not understanding :D

Lots of possession with no end product = put someone in the team that gives them an end product.....like a McG or Clarke or someone in midfield that can go past a defence, not just outmuscle them....we have a few.....and they would win more than lose.

Otis

Anyone hear Baker's interview with CWR?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but he basically had a bit of a go at Westley.

Said that it was especially good 'to do it to them' and also that he looked over to the bench when Preston went 2-1 up and Westley was jumping up and down in front of our bench, really rubbing it in and bigging it up and taunting MR and the back room staff.

I would have loved to have seen Westley's face when our third went in for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread