facebook... (1 Viewer)

skybluearmy88

i cant understand why certain coventry fans are going on the league one banter page of facebook and making us look like mugs, just had a look on there and theres some lad saying because we have signed 5 players were gonna win the league by christmas and seemed to react rather badly when i stated we hadnt seen any of them play decent opposition yet and that he should calm down his ranting about us winning the league and comment about it if we actually win it.

Nonleagueherewecome

Facebook is often the refuge of the internet's most dumb users.

skybluearmy88

maybe im old fashioned but i see "banter" as a bit of stick between you and your mates that your going to/have beat there team or having a sing at a game, not going onto some site stating your going to win the league by christmas and if we dont beat there chosen team we are gonna beat up there fans etc and using seriously foul language or threatening our own fans, just get so sick of these "keyboard warriors" bad mouthing people and making our club look like thugs, it may be the minority that do it, but its the majority of us that have to deal with all the aftermath when there making us like idiots.

Gray

maybe im old fashioned but i see "banter" as a bit of stick between you and your mates that your going to/have beat there team or having a sing at a game, not going onto some site stating your going to win the league by christmas and if we dont beat there chosen team we are gonna beat up there fans etc and using seriously foul language or threatening our own fans, just get so sick of these "keyboard warriors" bad mouthing people and making our club look like thugs, it may be the minority that do it, but its the majority of us that have to deal with all the aftermath when there making us like idiots.

think they are mostly 12 year old kids on that page, i had a look at it when we went down, it does get a bit embarrassing there,

Cobi Jones's Dreads

It's just a pisstake page on Facebook take everything wrote on there with a pinch of salt the cov fans are just on the wind up.

Astute

I am on my way to being 12 for the 4th time. Can I be in their gang please?

skybluearmy88

It's just a pisstake page on Facebook take everything wrote on there with a pinch of salt the cov fans are just on the wind up.
on most of the comments i agree, its just a bit of a laugh, but theres a few guys on there that seriously worry me, trying to threaten people and there families, i made a comment on there saying i think we will do well next season but it will be a tough league and i got private message from some guy saying hes gonna kill me and my family just cause i didnt agree with his claim of us winning 8-0 every week.

Astute

Just a bunch of pr!cks. Hate keyboard warriors. They can badly upset certain people. They have to do it online as they have no bottle and are incapable of doing what they threaten the vast majority of the time. Just ignore the twats All teams have them.

n1xon

on most of the comments i agree, its just a bit of a laugh, but theres a few guys on there that seriously worry me, trying to threaten people and there families, i made a comment on there saying i think we will do well next season but it will be a tough league and i got private message from some guy saying hes gonna kill me and my family just cause i didnt agree with his claim of us winning 8-0 every week.

Bit extreme that kid! Well you could now get him a vist from his friendly neighbourhood constabulary for a death threat mind u! His mum and dad won't be pleased I can see a few months grounding and no Xbox!

RichieGunns

I went to Uni in Wales and got reaquainted with Rugby while i was over there. Having seen what the fans are like at Rugby games I look at football matches where violence accurs and wander why it can't be the same in football as it is in Rugby. Everyone enjoys themselves a lot better. Sure there's a little banter but its not taken to extremes. We have a laugh and enjoy a good game of Rugby.

I remember hearing a story of one Wales vs England match where a load of football fans from both sides attended the match. They both tried to start fights in the stadium and were told by both sets of fans to get lost (i'll leave it to your imaginations to put in what was actually said lol).

Obviously i think there should still be separation in football matches of the fans but violence just mars a perferctly good day out don't you think?

Macca

I went to Uni in Wales and got reaquainted with Rugby while i was over there. Having seen what the fans are like at Rugby games I look at football matches where violence accurs and wander why it can't be the same in football as it is in Rugby. Everyone enjoys themselves a lot better. Sure there's a little banter but its not taken to extremes. We have a laugh and enjoy a good game of Rugby.

I remember hearing a story of one Wales vs England match where a load of football fans from both sides attended the match. They both tried to start fights in the stadium and were told by both sets of fans to get lost (i'll leave it to your imaginations to put in what was actually said lol).

Obviously i think there should still be separation in football matches of the fans but violence just mars a perferctly good day out don't you think?

Why worry, as you say it's all mouth

Users who are viewing this thread