Transfer Rumour Fadz to Blackburn (3 Viewers)

wingy

So of our playoff final starting 11…

6 have left the club (Gyok, Hamer, BNC, McNally, Doyle & now Fadz)

3 are no longer starters (Wilson, Kelly, Allen)

Only 2 players remain (Sheaf, Bidwell).

Quite impressive.
Eccles?

Yank

Hate to see the big man go, been a great player and servant to the club but the time was right for both parties and good luck to him!

skyblue_55

I don’t know if anybody else has said , but I was gutted that he wasn’t started or brought on against Oxford .
It would have given us a chance to say “ goodbye “ to a real leader of our team & a great shame we were denied that opportunity .

Sky Blue Harry H

I don’t know if anybody else has said , but I was gutted that he wasn’t started or brought on against Oxford .
It would have given us a chance to say “ goodbye “ to a real leader of our team & a great shame we were denied that opportunity .
Haven't read through the thread, but Blackburn always give a big away allocation. Every man and his dog should be heading to Ewood Park (regardless of league position) to let him know how loved he was. Fadz day (masks and all!)

The Great Eastern

I never saw George Curtis play but In my mind I imagine him being a McFadzean type player, an icon and that image of 4 Rotherham players sprawled on the floor as Fads walked away will be used as a shadow image on a future Hummel shirt
George Curtis was the type of player who, if an oppo forward needed totally cleaning out, George would be the man to do it. Take your pick if it was row Y or row Z

jim20

Sad to see him go, understand why bur would’ve been good to have him around until the end of the season if not playing as an influence behind the scenes to the younger players

covcity4life

If he's going now I hope it's to free up wages for someone coming in

Or may just be that he deserves to go if he wants too

thekidfromstrettoncamp

George Curtis was the type of player who, if an oppo forward needed totally cleaning out, George would be the man to do it. Take your pick if it was row Y or row Z
On that point played West Brom in the league cup in 1965 (lost 6-1)John Kaye tackled Curtis in the first half .One you could tell by his face he thought was a bit naughty.He bidded his time and about 10 minutes from the end Kaye did nearly up standing by us.George was only 5 foot 11 but when you got close to him he looked a colossus.
All the best to Kyle.

shepardo01

Sad one this - four and a half years of giving 100% for the shirt and the club.
Re-watch his goal against Blackpool last year. That is what he meant to the rest of the players.
That is the spirit and togetherness he helped to forge.
Hope that his leadership off the pitch and his desire for everyone to give their all is not lost on this group.

Thank you Fadz.

Frostie

Incredible servant to the club, absolutely invaluable in our resurrection & will rightly be remembered fondly.
Best of luck to him at Blackburn & whatever the future holds. 🩵

SkyblueTexan

So we’re not getting Szmodics in exchange?

Astute

How could we say goodbye to someone we didn't know was leaving? 🤔

Sad to see him leave but it's best for him. Out of contract at the end of the season and seems like he wants to continue to play even at his age. So he needs to be in the shop window.

Thanks for the memories McFadz

lifeskyblue

Fadz a v important player in his own right but his most telling contribution for me was his talking younger and more inexperienced defenders through games. Hyam, Doyle, Clarke-Salter, Panzo and Rose will all be thankful they played alongside him. I was hoping we would keep on at the end of his career to help coach young players. Perhaps he will return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Not much more to be said that hasn’t already - and that’s testament to him. SBT is rarely United on opinions of players but the unanimous positive messages are recognition of his contribution to our rise.

Sentimental I know but in the absence of a proper send off I do hope we get a goodbye message.

Users who are viewing this thread