Faith in Dulieuded: "Relegation would be a disaster"Admin would be disappointing" (1 Viewer)

I'mARealWizard

..."Bring in one or two more players when the loan window opens"

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

All our problems will be solved, even if we just get one of the two players he thinks we need! :facepalm:

Dulieu's thoughts on what would happen if City were to be relegated
Ken Dulieu has said that relegation for Coventry City would be a disaster.
City are now bottom of the Championship table with only two wins from twenty league matches this season and with the club's financial problems, the way they are, many City supporters are expecting the club to drop into League One at the end of the season.
Speaking to the CT, Mr Dulieu admitted that would be a disaster for the club and said; "Relegation would be a disaster as it takes such a long time to recover. You only have to look at the teams who have gone down that route - the likes of Leeds and Southampton - who ever thought it would have taken Leeds so long to get back to the top flight.
"It would be a disaster because there is a massive decline in the TV money and if you look at it from players and quality point of view, the average player in the Premier League is getting around £15-£17k a week.
"In our league, it's £4k and in League One, its £1700 so the mathematics show you will attract less quality players and there is no guarantee that you'll get promoted the following year.
"So, is administration, a good idea? It's a terrible idea as is relegation. If we can stay in this division with the youngsters we have had coming through that could make the spine of the team next year.
"So number one priority, whether I am here or not, should be maintaining Championship status this year."
http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/n...ould_be_a_disaster__dulieu_716407/index.shtml

Dulieu on administration
Ken Dulieu has said it would be very disappointing if Coventry City were to be placed into administration.
Whilst many City supporters feel that this would be the way forward for the club, getting rid of those creditors from the past who are holding the club back and making it a more attractive proposition for anyone wishing to buy the club, some creditors are still understood to be insisting on getting their pound of flesh along with SISU who will not want to tell their investors that their £30m investment has come to nothing.
Speaking to the CT, Ken Dulieu said after announcing his resignation as Chairman Of Coventry City: "The business has been losing between £7-£10m a year here and now we're on the road to recovery.
"Our players are worth more than they were last year, the average age if the squad has come down to about 23 and we have got a lot more youngsters coming through, so logically why would the club go into administration?
"It would be hugely disappointing if that happened but I could not guarantee if we were sitting here with Barclays that they wouldn't pull the plug on the business or any other business in the economic times we are enduring at the moment."
http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/n...d_be_disappointing__dulieu_716402/index.shtml

Dulieu on getting more loan players
Ken Dulieu remains hopeful that Coventry City can get in a couple more players on loan when the transfer window re-opens on January 1st.
Speaking to the CT, Mr Dulieu, who, it is understood persuaded Aston Villa to pay all of Gary Gardner's wages whilst he is on loan, said: " We have in our budget room to bring in another couple of loan players and we have had that all the way through the season to date.
"We haven't been able to find these players we want but I would like to think we can bring in one or two more to add to Gary Gardner in January. But this is not because the club have said we can't bring in loan players. It's because Andy and the scouts have found the right players that are better than what we have got."
http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/n...ding_a_couple_more_loanees_716404/index.shtml

Lost

For

Words

MatthewWallis

So he says we couldn't find anyone to bring him. Then
He says AT has found the people he wants to bring and what they will be, one month loans aswell? KD baffles me

What also baffles me is why kev monks puts one interview into three different stories

Lord_Nampil

He does speak shit doesn't he! It's took him 5 months to say getting relegated is the worst thing that can happen! Yet look what mess we are in! He is a penis and we really do need to go in to admin now!!!

BANTAM

So he says we couldn't find anyone to bring him. Then
He says AT has found the people he wants to bring and what they will be, one month loans aswell? KD baffles me

What also baffles me is why kev monks puts one interview into three different stories
So its Thornes fault for not bringing anyone in.

wingy

getting my knob stuck in my zip is "disappointing

EXCRUTIATING ,thats life under SISU ,DRIVE THEM OUT

shmmeee

It's Kev Monks. The "Andy has..." is probably a typo.

Also he's not saying we ARE losing £7-10m he's saying we WERE and he's the messiah because we're not anymore. So that other thread was way off the mark.

Guy is still a dick though. Sounds to me like there's no financial plan for going down. Worst fears realised. If we go down its another season of cost cutting.

Lord_Nampil

He said that we are now loosing roughly 250 K a month, If you think the ground is 100K of it he has cut the costs but at a very big price

(ground is 1.2 million a year, over 12 months that's 100K a month ).

So now that's what 150K a month we are loosing instead of roughly 400K before??

The soothsayer

He said that we are now loosing roughly 250 K a month, If you think the ground is 100K of it he has cut the costs but at a very big price

Well thats ok then, for a minute I thought we were in trouble.

Lord_Nampil

Well thats ok then, for a minute I thought we were in trouble.

in a year that's roughly what 3 million???

A big difference from 10 million???

Remember Leicester and Brizzel were loosing 11 million a season!

its not brilliant but it actually is alot better than it was. the bad thing Ken has forgot about is we now have no players and a manager who doesn't no what hes doing.

As i said its come at a price!!!

shmmeee

It was more like £600k before. But yeah.

So that's about £40k/week were losing now. Lose Clingan, Cranie, Wood, Eastwood and Jutkiewicz and well still be losing somewhere like £10k/week. And that's only if we stay up. Go down and I'd guess our losses are back up to something like £500k a month again. So what was the point in cutting costs?

Chipfat

He knew aswell as everyone else by cutting the wage bill by as much as he did we were going to be in a relegation battle, he can blame AT and everyone else but he decided this and now he has to except mistakes that have been made. Sisu cannot blame past owners, past board members or past managers They have made all the major decision and now deserve nothing for the gamble they took.

And although the wage cuts and players released were needed the way it was done has left AT in a really tough position and a squad with the worst record in the league in every department. But KD somehow tries to claim credit he has done nothing to enhance the playing side and has done nothing special off the field other than strip the manager of every decent player we had that could make a difference this season.

torchomatic

Nonleagueherewecome

It was more like £600k before. But yeah.

So that's about £40k/week were losing now. Lose Clingan, Cranie, Wood, Eastwood and Jutkiewicz and well still be losing somewhere like £10k/week. And that's only if we stay up. Go down and I'd guess our losses are back up to something like £500k a month again. So what was the point in cutting costs?

My theory is that they either didn't realise that massively reducing the squad strength would, y'know, actually have an affect on the pitch. Or alternatively, they just don't care. Maybe it does work out cheaper to go down to L1, then L2? After all, we don't know just how many more cuts will come in the summer. Maybe all they can see is 3-6 months in advance?

shmmeee

My theory is that they either didn't realise that massively reducing the squad strength would, y'know, actually have an affect on the pitch. Or alternatively, they just don't care. Maybe it does work out cheaper to go down to L1, then L2? After all, we don't know just how many more cuts will come in the summer. Maybe all they can see is 3-6 months in advance?

There comes a point where we can't cut any more though surely?

Who is left in the squad that would make a dent in our outgoings rather than just pay the bills for a couple more months? You have to assume McSheffry, Bell, McPake and Baker are on contracts that we can afford if we go down. Those I mentioned will be gone by summer at the latest. Who is left on a wage above academy graduates? Murphy?

Deegan, Hussey, Dunn, Platt, McDonald, O'Donovan will all be low wages. Who is left?

cloughie

They just don't care

Users who are viewing this thread