False league position? (1 Viewer)

Danceswithhorses

If we did get into the playoffs, clearly that would make it a very successful season...better than anyone could have forecast.
Even if we then lost in the playoffs, although that would be very sad, it wouldn't diminish the great season, and would pocket us some much needed playoff income...money to invest in new contracts & new players.
Wonder how much the playoffs are worth to teams ?

shmmeee

If we match the results we got in the opposite games for the rest of the season we get another 17 points (and only lose to Reading). 74 would be enough wouldn’t it?

Robinshio

Blackburn also have a horrible run in. I think our game at their place is massive

They also have to play Norwich Burnley Luton millwall. Luton also have millwall. So plenty of points dropped already

We must beat stoke qpr reading Birmingham Draw v Blackburn. And 3 points from the other 3 Very doable

slowpoke

Blackburn also have a horrible run in. I think our game at their place is massive

They also have to play Norwich Burnley Luton millwall. Luton also have millwall. So plenty of points dropped already

We must beat stoke qpr reading Birmingham Draw v Blackburn. And 3 points from the other 3 Very doable
Question: Can we catch Middlesbrough ?

Grendel

Question: Can we catch Middlesbrough ?

Clearly not. Huddersfield has a good result Saturday but Boro Watford Sheff u Blackburn and Sunderland all play them in the run in. Boro are 10 points ahead and in red hot form

Marty

I think we can do, I hope we play Millwall and Blackburn make it as well as I would feel confident we would win those games, if we face Norwich or Middlesbrough I think it would be curtains for us.

Evo1883

I'm simply looking at 5th or 6th , I doubt Robins is looking further than that

shmmeee

I think we can do, I hope we play Millwall and Blackburn make it as well as I would feel confident we would win those games, if we face Norwich or Middlesbrough I think it would be curtains for us.

Its going to be Middlesbrough or Sheff Utd one way or the other I think. Ideally we can sneak into 5th but I think that’s pushing it and we’re likely to play 3rd in the semi if we make it at all.

GaryPendrysEyes

Good timing to get Sheaf back just as we may have been flagging. Hopefully Allen can do the same in a couple of weeks…
I hope Gok can somehow get some rest and come back reset for the final run in.

SonofErnie

Agree on Middlesbrough but think Norwich would be winnable. We’ve practically gifted them 2 wins and I don’t believe that would happen a 3rd time. Over confidence may be their enemy.

Sick Boy

Agree on Middlesbrough but think Norwich would be winnable. We’ve practically gifted them 2 wins and I don’t believe that would happen a 3rd time. Over confidence may be their enemy.
They beat us 3-0 and 4-2; I doubt they’d be that worried about playing us.

shmmeee

You’ve just got to hope one off game we can do anyone really. But to be honest looking at the probably teams it’s only Millwall I’d be confident against over two legs.

Grendel

You’ve just got to hope one off game we can do anyone really. But to be honest looking at the probably teams it’s only Millwall I’d be confident against over two legs.

Defensively Blackburn are rubbish. It’s a real conundrum how they’ve got the points they have.

Grendel

Home record is pretty good though. We’d beat them at Wembley, but not sure about over two legs.

I think we would to be fair. It’s likely though that West Brom and Norwich will also be in the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread