Fancy Bumping Into You ! (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
A court me of weeks back I was on the Isle of Wight and walked into Fowler’s in Ryde and there was a lad with Ccfc shirt and scarf on. Didn’t say anything as I was out with a customer, but he was more into ccfc than lads around here.
Weren't me Rich. I wouldn't be seen dead in Fowlers! :emoji_grin:

Kingokings204

just remembered one.

I worked at a hotel in Cyprus a few years ago and I was working in the kids club and randomly Paddy Kenny came and picked his daughter up from the session. We then chatted about cov for a few minutes. He was very complimentary about us. Lovely guy.

Paul Anthony

I’m down there with work tomorrow want me to get you some?

Tempting as it is to take you up on, I'd best not. I'm in the middle of a fitness drive, and chocolate is sadly a no no.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

just remembered one.

I worked at a hotel in Cyprus a few years ago and I was working in the kids club and randomly Paddy Kenny came and picked his daughter up from the session. We then chatted about cov for a few minutes. He was very complimentary about us. Lovely guy.

City fans probably paid for his holiday, every season at HR he’d get peppered with coins from the west terrace!

Gazolba

<snip>

I asked if she met anyone famous and she said no and said she just had to pretend she was looking at beds all day with a family and was told to just keep looking at the beds, facing the same way all the time. She didn't understand why she wasn't allowed to turn around, but just did as she was told. A sales assistant was showing them round.

Anyway, the film came out and it was Grimsby with Sacha Baron-Cohen and the scene was Sacha Baron-Cohen having sex on a bed in a furniture store.

It's the opening scene from the film and you can see my daughter in the background. She was therefore there all day looking at beds while behind her and in the foreground of the scene, Sacha Baron-Cohen spent the whole of the day's shoot having fake sex with a female actress, with my daughter completely oblivious as to what was going on.
<snip>
I thought you were going to say it was the Monty Python scene where the couple were buying a mattress, but they couldn't say the word otherwise the salesman would put a paper bag over his head.

Covstu

The amount of famous footballers I see in Tesco on a Thursday night, loads... don't know why they end up there....

ccfcricoh

When starting my last job i decided to book a holiday in between jobs to save using holiday days. The new company needed me in quickly and we're kicking off, holiday was already booked and i was just about to turn around to tell them to stick it, when my "boss to be" said not to worry as she was away as well so wouldn't be there anyway.

There i am boarding my plane at Brum airport and who is directly behind me, the new boss! I was praying the whole flight and coach that she wasn't staying in our hotel and thankfully wasn't!

Nick

Administrator
Saw Micky Gynn, Llloyd McGrath and Chris Camwell all in the same day in different places the other day.

Manchester_sky_blue

Seen Ricky Hatton at the big weekend last week. He wouldn’t take photos with anyone and seemed a right old nasty piece of work.

My experience as well. He doesn't live too far away from me and he will turn up to the opening of an envelope these days so always see him about. I don't have anything nice to say about him to be honest.

Manchester_sky_blue

Bumped in to Susan George at a classic car show a few years ago, she stopped to talk to me about my motor and was a very nice lady by all accounts. On they way back from another show i was filling up with petrol when Sue Barker pulled in next to me in a Mercedes the size of your average yacht.

Bumped in to numerous well known politicians over the years, which wasn't really surprising given my Union work took me to Westminster pretty frequently but John McDonnell turning up to my Aunties birthday party was still a bit of a surprise.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I sat next to Edwin Starr in the old Central TV studios. Back in the mid 1990's, I'd been asked as a guest on the late night "Central Weekend Live" show to debate on some geezer in the states who'd written a book, slagging off John Lennon and Elvis Pressley. (I still have the YouTube video!) I'd been asked to appear because I was a HUGE fan of John Lennon. Anyways, we were all invited back to the "Green Room" after the show, and I got talking to some really nice "celebs", such as Nicky Campbell, Eamonn Holmes, Edwin Starr and to top it all, John McVicar! He was still scary, even then! Oh, and Nina bloody Myskow! What a bitch she was! Got back home to Cov around 1.30am. Great experience!
Also been on Soccer AM and had a pint with Tim Lovejoy and the gorgeous Helen Chamberlain.

SKYBLUES90

Disney Land Florida about 10 years ago was waiting at a fast food outlet for food we had ordered, about 10 minutes pass and considering there’s only me and another guy who’s stood behind waiting I start to get a bit annoyed.

Bloke behind me who is a fairly big bloke wearing a bucket hat asks how long I’ve been waiting as he’s getting a bit impatient too, I look at him and brain starts ticking thinking why do I recognise him! Turns out it’s Evander Holyfield.

Really nice guy, had a chat with him whilst we continued to wait for the food and he even took of his hat and showed us where Mike Tyson had a go at his ear!

W

westcountry_skyblue

I was on a lads holiday in Magaluf in 86,Anyway the four of us met four Swedish girls from a place called Umea in Sweden,
We hired some scooters all eight of us,Rode up into the mountains around Magaluf/Palma Nova and one of the Swedish girls came off her scooter on some gravel path.
So we went to the nearest Villa to ask for help and there was a guy in shades in a convertible white Merc so he took my one of my mates and two of the Swedish girl to the local medical centre,The rest of us were invited into the Villa for a beer by the pool to wait,It was Graeme Souness and his wife Danielle at the time.
He had just came back from Mexico with the Scotland world cup squad and was on the verge of joining Glasgow Rangers as player manager.
Very nice guy not up his own arse and loved talking to us about football.

skybluejelly

was out with my mates once in leamington and a bloke came over and greeted me like a long lost friend ..insisted on buying me and mates a drink and saying how he hadn't seen me for years .. and was great to see me spent half an hour telling me what he had been doing for the last ten years ..fuck knows who he was or who he thought I was ..I pretended to go to the toilet in the end .and left him to it

Otis

I went to the post office counter in the city centre yesterday and the bloke behind the counter swore blind that I was a reverend.

He didn't believe me when I said I was not.

He asked if I was sure and I said I am pretty much the opposite of a reverend and that he could now address me as the antichrist.

bringbackrattles

was out with my mates once in leamington and a bloke came over and greeted me like a long lost friend ..insisted on buying me and mates a drink and saying how he hadn't seen me for years .. and was great to see me spent half an hour telling me what he had been doing for the last ten years ..fuck knows who he was or who he thought I was ..I pretended to go to the toilet in the end .and left him to it
This is strange. As only yesterday I was waiting outside a shop in Bell Green as a chap on twitter noticed a tweet of mine asking if they still sold those half and half shirts, half Cov City,half England ? He had one and said I can have it, so I said I'd meet him in Bell Green to pick it up. As I was waiting a woman walked past me and then came back, she then went on asking how I was, and it was great to see me again etc. I hadn't seen her before in my life, but she was adamant she knew me. I thought shall I be truthful and say sorry who are you ? But she then said " Best be off as I've a bus to catch, hope to see you again." And off she went. Very strange !

Otis

This is strange. As only yesterday I was waiting outside a shop in Bell Green as a chap on twitter noticed a tweet of mine asking if they still sold those half and half shirts, half Cov City,half England ? He had one and said I can have it, so I said I'd meet him in Bell Green to pick it up. As I was waiting a woman walked past me and then came back, she then went on asking how I was, and it was great to see me again etc. I hadn't seen her before in my life, but she was adamant she knew me. I thought shall I be truthful and say sorry who are you ? But she then said " Best be off as I've a bus to catch, hope to see you again." And off she went. Very strange !
Yep. Had that a couple of times. People have sworn I was someone else.

What's really quite amusing is how they persist once you say they are mistaken.

'You sure you're not Jonathan?'

'Yep. Sure.'

'Is Jonathan your brother then?'

'Nope.'

'You sure?'

'Yep. I don't have a brother called Jonathan and I don't know any Jonathan's.'

'Well you look like Johnathan.'

'Well there's nowt I can do about that.'

'Okay. Sorry about that.'

'No problem.'

They start to walk away, but then return

'Are you sure you're not Jonathan?'

bringbackrattles

'Yep. Sure.'

'Nope.'

'You sure?'

'No problem.'

This is a new thread. As its more common than you think. My sister said to me last year that she'd seen me in Leicester, as that's where she lives. I said no it wasn't me, I only go there to visit her occasionally, and hadn't been for months. She kept on saying I was walking down a street near the city centre,as she drove past and was surprised I didn't hear her sound her car horn,and her waving at me ! I told her repeatedly that I was working in Coventry miles away at that time, so how the hell could it have been me ? But no she said it looked like me and the bloke even had the same walk, and was I sure it wasn't me ! In the end she agreed that I have a double in Leicester !

clint van damme

I bumped into Ray Liota on West 52nd St in New York.
And when I say bumped into him, I literally nearly knocked him over, he just glared at me, I apologised and hurriedly moved on before he went all Goodfellas on me.

wingy

I went to the post office counter in the city centre yesterday and the bloke behind the counter swore blind that I was a reverend.

He didn't believe me when I said I was not.

He asked if I was sure and I said I am pretty much the opposite of a reverend and that he could now address me as the antichrist.
But you are Irrelevant! !:p

Otis

But you are Irrelevant! !:p
I am for the most part.

Not when I am making a movie in the Memorial Park though.

Some people is stupid. ;)

I was making a feature film a few years ago and put a press release out in the Telegraph saying I was looking for extras. I said the film was low, low budget, so no pay but people would be fed.

Anyway, someone emailed me and asked if it was the new Shia LeBouef film I was directing.

I became very sarcastic (even more so than normal if that is remotely possible ). This was at the height of Shia LaBouef's fame, so he was top dog over the pond.

So, I replied to the mail and said 'Yes, it is. The huge, huge Hollywood star is coming all the way over here for no pay, to star in a film at Coventry's Memorial Park by a local bloke with his camcorder. Would you like me to put you down for 'walking past?'

Ashdown

Stood shoulder [Hers] to midriff with Lilly Allen at Cheltenham festival a few years back watching a race and also Alex Ferguson at Doncaster races !
Had two close encounters with City managers past and present as saw Mr and Mrs Strachan at Alicante airport in 2005 and she gave us the thumbs up as I was wearing a CCFC polo shirt ! Also boarded a plane to Lanzarote and were sat at the back of the plane with Micky Adams and his family. He was really nice to my eldest daughter who sat right next to him sharing his ipod etc and chatting about the City !

Otis

Stood shoulder [Hers] to midriff with Lilly Allen at Cheltenham festival a few years back watching a race and also Alex Ferguson at Doncaster races !
Had two close encounters with City managers past and present as saw Mr and Mrs Strachan at Alicante airport in 2005 and she gave us the thumbs up as I was wearing a CCFC polo shirt ! Also boarded a plane to Lanzarote and were sat at the back of the plane with Micky Adams and his family. He was really nice to my eldest daughter who sat right next to him sharing his ipod etc and chatting about the City !
Did he say to her 'Micky Adams is enjoying this'?

Mcbean

This one was fun - working in Denmark i picked up a cheap flight to Billund from Birmingham - got in early as you do in the Q so i could get my bag in and as i am reading my book a guy comes on and has the window seat next to me - he's wearing crocodile boots long hair and is very recognisable as Dave Hill from Slade - start the conversation up and he's off to see the drummer who now lives in Denmark ( Jimmy Lea ? - he had a bad car accident ) - we had a great discussion varying from boots to guitars and how much Noddy earns - on the way back he also to sat next to me where we continued - nice fella !

Otis

'Yep. Sure.'

'Nope.'

'You sure?'

'No problem.'

Now this is freaky!!

I just plucked the name Jonathan out of thin air. Was just using that as an example and no-one has ever mistaken me for a Jonathan before. Been a few Dave's and Tom's etc.,but never a Jonathan.

Anyway, yesterday I was walking in Broadgate and some bloke walking in the opposite direction and some 15 yards away, suddenly piped up with 'Hi Jonathan' and then carried on walking.

My jaw dropped like a stone.

giphy.gif

Weird and I don't think it was anyone from on here picking up on what I posted either.

Rich

Now this is freaky!!

I just plucked the name Jonathan out of thin air. Was just using that as an example and no-one has ever mistaken me for a Jonathan before. Been a few Dave's and Tom's etc.,but never a Jonathan.

Anyway, yesterday I was walking in Broadgate and some bloke walking in the opposite direction and some 15 yards away, suddenly piped up with 'Hi Jonathan' and then carried on walking.

My jaw dropped like a stone.

giphy.gif

Weird and I don't think it was anyone from on here picking up on what I posted either.
Now you know what I look like.

Users who are viewing this thread