Fans Forum (2 Viewers)

Kingokings204

The fans forum is a waste of time. It achieves nothing from a fans perspective. A lot of people don't really care about the past now including me. What has been done has been done.

I am interested in the future and the next 2 months. I want to be back at the Ricoh come August so that's what I want to talk about and how we achieve this aim. A forum in coundon isn't going to do this so I'm out.

DazzleTommyDazzle

How have you come to the conclusion that is the purpose? At the most recent of the smaller meetings Sepalla was reported as being very clear that we weren't going back to the Ricoh. From what has been said by the club this forum is to cover historical events and how we have ended up in this situation which in my opinion does very little to resolve anything.

I think that more mud-slinging from one side against the other is the last thing we need at present.

I can't see that there are more than two options:

1) The parties get together and agree a deal that brings us back to the Ricoh - whether temporarily, until the new stadium is built, or permanently.

2) We stay at Northampton for the foreseeable future.

I believe that the second option would be disasterous, so we should avoid anything that reduces the (already slim?) chances of the first.

shmmeee

I think the question in the interview he stumbled over was why had fixed assets value changed. I think that was when he suggested the Fans Forum

The reasons why fixed asset values have changed from 1.9m to 554k are:

Intangible assets (players registrations, trademarks and business goodwill) dropped from £952k to £79k. Each year trademarks are "depreciated" over their economic lives of apparently 10yrs value 2012 was £3051 and 2013 £2669. Players contracts are depreciated over the length of contracts. In 2012 player contracts had a net value of £948k by 31/05/13 after additions of £112k this value had been written down including disposals to £76k. Goodwill had no value in either year

Tangible (property and equipment) assets dropped from £962k in 2012 to £475k in 2013. Property (just Ryton I think) in the view of the directors dropped from a value of £785k to £360k in May 2013 they provided an additional write down above depreciation of £408k to do that. Equipment dropped from £176k to £115k after depreciation and write offs of equipment.

It is easier to understand when you look at the accounts than I can explain here. But there was no great mystery and a director of any company really ought to understand what happened and why. The question itself on CWR was a nothing one really but it made ML stumble and fluster. His solution was let someone else explain at a fans forum. Passed the buck

Thanks.

(No like on mobile)

I'm confused. Maybe the main question we should be asking is: can we have a definitive yes or no as to whether a new stadium is currently Plan A? It seems the very idea of the reason for the forum isn't even that clear.

Still not sure whether I'll be well enough to go, I'm off sick at the moment, is there a deadline for tickets?

The Gentleman

The financial questions shouldn't be answered by ML, he is definitely no financial genius. Hope they bring Steve Brookfield and equip him with a license to answer any questions truthfully.

But even more important - I really hope the audience will let the directors speak without interruption. If they're not allowed to finish their sentences how will we get any answers?

Problem is Godiva, I actually think that some of Sisu actually quite like being interrupted so they don't have to finish the answers to the questions they are being asked.

Nick

Administrator
Indeed.

What better way to sidestep being pressed on a point, then the distraction of someone announcing they won't set foot in Sixfields!

I think that's why most people said there's no point doing these big forums. No distractions or moving on to answer why we haven't signed messi.

NorthernWisdom

I think that more mud-slinging from one side against the other is the last thing we need at present.

I can't see that there are more than two options:

1) The parties get together and agree a deal that brings us back to the Ricoh - whether temporarily, until the new stadium is built, or permanently.

2) We stay at Northampton for the foreseeable future.

I believe that the second option would be disasterous, so we should avoid anything that reduces the (already slim?) chances of the first.

Firstly, I do agree with you. Would be nice if their desires were made public, and unequivocal eh...

I can see why they're doing the mudslinging. In terms of motivation to negotiate, there is none on the council/ACL so far... if they're to be believed that the Ricoh can do perfectly well without the club.

That is admittedly assuming there's no desire to negotiate from that side however... and isn't how I'd play it either, as it alienates other stakeholders in fans. That's always SISU's problem though; objectively you can see where they're coming from, but the strategies are done with a remarkable lack of awareness and/or consideration.

And in a leisure activity where the ability to manipulate fans' views is kind of helpful, it doesn't bode well for them full-stop. Hell, there's a certain argument to be made that if anybody can dupe us all, all of the time, they're the ideal owners whatever else they do!

DazzleTommyDazzle

I can see why they're doing the mudslinging. In terms of motivation to negotiate, there is none on the council/ACL so far... if they're to be believed that the Ricoh can do perfectly well without the club.

That is admittedly assuming there's no desire to negotiate from that side however... and isn't how I'd play it either, as it alienates other stakeholders in fans. That's always SISU's problem though; objectively you can see where they're coming from, but the strategies are done with a remarkable lack of awareness and/or consideration.

This is a key issue for me.

I'm sure that there have been "wrongs" by both sides throughout this messy saga. That has brought us to our current position where (from all that we can see) a (the?) key obstacle to moving forward is a lack of trust between the parties.

So a (rhetorical) question - Is raking over the past and throwing accusations against one side - no doubt to be met with counter-accusations - going to help to rebuild trust?

I think that seems unlikely (going for the under-statement of the year prize here!), so what might the motivation be?

Perhaps it is, as you imply, an attempt to win over support from the fans who will then pressurise CCC/ACL. If so, then in my opinion, they're on a loser. Even if (post election - and how big an issue did it prove to be there?) CCC would really respond to some upsurge of opinion, I can't see that upsurge coming. The whole saga has been too messy and SISU do not have the aura of a wronged virgin.

In

NorthernWisdom

Perhaps it is, as you imply, an attempt to win over support from the fans who will then pressurise CCC/ACL. If so, then in my opinion, they're on a loser. Even if (post election - and how big an issue did it prove to be there?) CCC would really respond to some upsurge of opinion, I can't see that upsurge coming. The whole saga has been too messy and SISU do not have the aura of a wronged virgin.

In

In, indeed ;)

We're into the realms of speculation (but hell, speculation is what this board's about ;) ) but the value of the club doesn't just increase from nothing to something if SISU unite the stadium. If these shenanigans open up the thought of the stadium being sold to the club, and makes that a possibility to someone other than SISU, it makes the club worth a little more as a result.

Whether enough is an entirely different question... but it's a thought to grasp on to ;)

shmmeee

In, indeed ;)

We're into the realms of speculation (but hell, speculation is what this board's about ;) ) but the value of the club doesn't just increase from nothing to something if SISU unite the stadium. If these shenanigans open up the thought of the stadium being sold to the club, and makes that a possibility to someone other than SISU, it makes the club worth a little more as a result.

Whether enough is an entirely different question... but it's a thought to grasp on to ;)

Byng to the rescue?

blend

Is there any benefit to the investors in showing less assets and more debts, surely if you were trying to attract other investors you would do the opposite, although I don't fully understand it myself!?

J

Jack Griffin

So when is this going to be rescheduled.

I seriously doubt they will convince anyone of their case now.

skybluetony176

I wonder if it will still be about the clubs finances or will it be a lecture on why the judge got it wrong.

I hope the rescheduled date is soon and then I hope it gets a fans boycott.

Is there seriously anyone interested in what they have to say unless it's sorry and we've facilitated a return home?

shmmeee

I'd rather wait until any possible appeal is out the way, otherwise it will just be "That evil Justice Hickinbottom blah blah blah".

Would be nice for them to meet the fans if and when all this talk has been put to bed and we can focus on facts.

Users who are viewing this thread