Fans Need To Be Realistic (2 Viewers)

itsabuzzard

Without seeing or following the Oxford match, I find it very hard anything can top that 6-2 loss to Yeovil. Only that and the 4-0 loss to Watford, last game of the season under (probably) Coleman. Leon Barnett’s defending still makes my blood boil to this day. Only two games I voluntarily stormed out early.
Which games were you forced to storm out of?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Which games were you forced to storm out of?

None that I’ve ‘stormed out of’ but when I was JSB my mum used to come early to pick me up from games.

Aside from that, I’m a stay until the final whistle kind of person.

Otis

What’s it got to do with you how I fuckin’ spell it ?
Nowt to do with anyone I suppose, so what's your line-up for today you reckon?

Bruge

Stirling Davis Hiam Brown

Tomas Agogo Andrue Alicearni

Bokoyaka Highula

That about right, Maggwich?

Last edited:

clint van damme

Fuck's sake, there's only six letters in his name. Is it that difficult?

Stopped reading at the apostrophe in fucks and therefore didn't see the next error, there's when it should have been there are!!

larry_david

I'm concerned. Had a 5er free bet every time France won a match at the wc and backed France to win wc, Brooks koepka to win the US open, morecambe to go down, Cardiff to go down and cov to get promoted for 9.5k. Blind optimism i guess, plus we had mcnulty then...MR pull your finger out

clint van damme

Thank you for your input, though it's clear that you didn't stop reading until you got to the very end. I hope you had a lie down after that.

Poetic licence. Or perhaps in this case, pedantic licence.

Mcbean

i sense a change today - have lost every bet on the Virtual betting so far - trying to have zero balance so its all going on Plymouth today all £14.68

Gibbo

Biggest disappointment for me is not so much aimed at Robins as he’s clearly shopping in Poundland, had no backing from above. That’s even after he was promised the majority of the quoted £1.5M transfer fee received.

The owners have received £3.5M plus from Maddison and McNulty. On top of that We have had a 50% rise in season tickets sales 4500 to 6700 tremendous backing considering the price.
We already shipped out 11/12 other players and some for fees ,( Haynes and McDonald ).
Got rid of some high earners on league 1 wages like Reid/Beavon/Vincenti etc.

My gripe is that Sisu haven’t invested any of the received player fees ( Maddison money was a bonus as he was injured and no guarantee of any sale this season). Which can be classed as a bonus for Sisu.

Completely understand they want to keep the majority of it, I don’t understand how they cannot put an extra but for £1M in the MR war chest.

Very disappointing that clubs like Lincoln City can sign players like barnets Akinde (1 in 3) striker with proven quality. A question for MR why didn’t he sign, Dioge, Stockley, Akinde, Dennis etc Who would have cost a fraction of what we sold McNulty for.

We had a chance to make a statement.

What the **** does "make a statement" mean in terms of reality. It is a tired cliche for fans who want some rich people to indulge their (the fans) hobby

We have shopped at a level equal to or greater than other clubs in div 1. Given the amount the club loses, that strikes me as pretty good. It is down to the recruitment policy of Robins and team if it goes belly up. The failure to get Chaplin as a like for like induced a state of panic as the transfer window came to an end - or so it appears. We have bought two strikers who do not fit with the shape the team plays, which relies on Max or JCH providing scraps for a nippy striker. We are now 3 deep on the left - the new guy Thomas, AB and Shipley, when the best we played at Oxford was when Shipley combined with Brown on the left - it provided the two offside goals.

Every team permutation seems to requires 13 players to answer all the questions using our existing (quite large pool). That is worrying.

Gibbo

Nowt to do with anyone I suppose, so what's your line-up for today you reckon?

Bruge

Stirling Davis Hiam Brown

Tomas Agogo Andrue Alicearni

Bokoyaka Highula

That about right, Maggwich?
Noooooooooooooo Stirling. Geoffrey Boycott's grannie would be a better right back

Greggs

Its the way democracy works - the vote and all that
Well, members of this democracy are politely reminded not to drink the bleach inside the bottle. Fair representation of our intelligence levels?

Greggs

Soz greggy i shouldn't of been so personal. I should of said ............Ha ha bad loserrrrrrrrrrrrr ha ha ha aha ha ha ah aha ha ha ha ah ah ah ah haaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha
Mate, each to there own! I'm not on about the result. I'm just on about the fact the the decision was down to the 'general' public....Half of whom can't read or write and are reminded not to drink bleach out of the bottle.....

SkyBlueMatt

We've got 4 points from 9. Happy with that.

I'm not sure if people are serious when they say Robins out. If they are then those people are what is wrong with football. Those kind of comments don't help anyone.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I think some may have been expecting us to storm the league or go straight up next season. Obviously I would love if we did but I can't see it at the moment so I won't get my hopes up.

SkyBlueMatt

I think some may have been expecting us to storm the league or go straight up next season. Obviously I would love if we did but I can't see it at the moment so I won't get my hopes up.
Thats the best way.

I had a similar feeling, not that we would storm it but the play offs. It's still too early to judge any thing can happen still. We've had our first win so that's a monkey off their back.

Nick

Administrator
Thats the best way.

It means if we do better than that I will be pleasantly surprised but if we finish mid table I won't be having a meltdown after planning for Championship on Tour 2019 way ahead.

Magwitch

Mate, each to there own! I'm not on about the result. I'm just on about the fact the the decision was down to the 'general' public....Half of whom can't read or write and are reminded not to drink bleach out of the bottle.....
And the negotiations down to a bunch of soon to be geriatrics soon to be in their boxes, leaving the young of today the results of this Brexit farce.

covcity4life

From what I have seen this season we look similar to league 2 last year. We are solid team who can also play it about well when we are feeling it. Despite taking chances at back we are capable of clean sheets. We also get bullied sometimes and don't make enough chances.

6th and playoff promotion it is!

Hobo

The same people who were allowed to vote on the EU Referendum......Still staggers me that the nation's future was put in the hands of the average intelligence.

We do that everyday its called Parliament.

Astute

So half the general public drink bleach because they don't know that it is dangerous and they can't read the warnings? :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread