Fans on the side with murphy 2nd half (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I see alot of fans on about murphy yesterday, and i agree that 1st half he was not really up to much and started the second half the same way ..
Coventry fans have a habit historically of getting on players backs but yesterday the fans were superb on that left side with murphy ,he could hear us , we were all telling him he was better than their right back ,to keep his chin up and and have confidence ..he also kept glancing over ..
Then the lad started to produce .
Shows how a positive supporter mindset and a little push can make a players game change , he clapped over to us at the end and genuinely believe the supporters spurred him on .
It could have been so different if we all got on his back .
Nice to see for a change PUSB

Last edited:

eastwoodsdustman

Agree with this 100%. Some bloke behind me was trying to give him dogs abuse. It only takes 1 or 2 to be heard and it has a negative effect. He had to swallow some pride for the last 10 minutes though and even managed to applaud him.
People need to realize that a lot ofthese players are kids and will have ups and downs in matches.

The Lurker

Murphy was shocking for 65 mins. The set piece he messed up was woeful and most wanted him off but mowbary had a word with him and after that he was incredible! Different player. He has got the ability for sure but makes too many mistakes. That's why he's on loan in l1 at the min

Sky Blue Harry H

Good to hear positivity working for us. On a side note, I see TM wants to loan George Thomas out, but he looks like a young McSheffrey to me and seems to create things for others as well as himself. If he does go out on loan, I hope we have a 24hr callback option, in case of future injuries etc. I rate him from the bits I've seen (plus I think he will link with Maddison well, as they've played together loads).

Terry Gibson's perm

Murphy always seems to play better when he is on the left by where all the fans are at home, he is a player who loves to be loved.

The Lurker

Good to hear positivity working for us. On a side note, I see TM wants to loan George Thomas out, but he looks like a young McSheffrey to me and seems to create things for others as well as himself. If he does go out on loan, I hope we have a 24hr callback option, in case of future injuries etc. I rate him from the bits I've seen (plus I think he will link with Maddison well, as they've played together loads).

I like GT a lot. He has skill, pace and is more physical than Maddison. He isn't lightweight. Breed him through slowly. He's only 18 which you seem to forget because he made his debut at 16, like mcsheffrey

Sky Blue Harry H

I like GT a lot. He has skill, pace and is more physical than Maddison. He isn't lightweight. Breed him through slowly. He's only 18 which you seem to forget because he made his debut at 16, like mcsheffrey

Agree mate (although I hadn't forgotten his age - just younger than Sheffers is now !)

bringbackrattles

A friend of mine who is a Norwich fan keeps asking me how is Murphy getting on ? I told her his form is up and down but the talent is there without a doubt.She reckons he is like that at Norwich and that's why he has been loaned out in the hope he can develop etc. He has a twin brother who she says is the same,but both on their day are ones for the future.

Otis

A friend of mine who is a Norwich fan keeps asking me how is Murphy getting on ? I told her his form is up and down but the talent is there without a doubt.She reckons he is like that at Norwich and that's why he has been loaned out in the hope he can develop etc. He has a twin brother who she says is the same,but both on their day are ones for the future.
If he's got a twin brother can't we sign both and then we can play one each 45 mins.

We will then get a complete, devastating, unplayable 90 mins from them, or a whole match of nothingness.

SkyBlue_Bear83

From what I've seen I can't see Murphy making an impact in the premier league in his career, he should be able to develop into a very good championship player though.

bringbackrattles

From what I've seen I can't see Murphy making an impact in the premier league in his career, he should be able to develop into a very good championship player though.
Too early to say that in my opinion as he could flourish with us couldn't he ? I never thought Callum Wilson would turn out to be the striker he is but he's in the Premier League.

rob9872

Seems to be a bit of a pattern with him playing bettering the second half. Wasn't there yesterday, so can't suggest he should be dropped, but as his pace perhaps works better against tired defenders, he could end up being deployed as an impact sub when he gets back to a higher level.

Hobo

Some players respond to criticism, some to encouragement, so fans get to know your players.

The type of player Murphy is means he will play in periods during 90 minutes. He reminds me of Dave Bennett, one of the most gifted dribblers we have had in a city shirt. Benno could infuriate for 40 mins or so refusing to take anyone on and just pass it sideways and backwards. Then he could come into his own and destroy defences for 30 mins.

sometimes it is about posing the threat and when you do have a spell make sure you finish them off.

it is also about other players playing him into good situations.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Too early to say that in my opinion as he could flourish with us couldn't he ? I never thought Callum Wilson would turn out to be the striker he is but he's in the Premier League.

Dunno, even in league 1 I thought Wilson was more consistent than Murphy has been. Wilson was tearing league 1 defences apart nearly every week, Murphy is doing it maybe once every 3 or 4 games in 20 minute bursts at the moment

bringbackrattles

Dunno, even in league 1 I thought Wilson was more consistent than Murphy has been. Wilson was tearing league 1 defences apart nearly every week, Murphy is doing it maybe once every 3 or 4 games in 20 minute bursts at the moment
I meant Callum at the start of his career he started slow but gradually upped his game and started banging in the goals.Murphy is hit and miss at the moment but given time could be more consistent.

woody11462

I was on that left hand side and I was trying to keep encouraging him as you could see he is a confidence player. It's frustrating when its just not working for someone but he just needed a good run or something to get back in the game and after he hit that shot from outside the box that just flew past the far post he looked much more up for it.

The Lurker

Did you forget that wilson almost went for nothing at the start of the 2012-2013 season? He was in the "bomb squad" he manage to find his consistency later on but at the start was a bench warmer and playing just 20 mins here and there. Murphy is younger than when wilson made it through the first team. Give him some credit. Special talent who needs to find the perfect final ball, once he finds that he'll be playing in the premiership.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Did you forget that wilson almost went for nothing at the start of the 2012-2013 season? He was in the "bomb squad" he manage to find his consistency later on but at the start was a bench warmer and playing just 20 mins here and there. Murphy is younger than when wilson made it through the first team. Give him some credit. Special talent who needs to find the perfect final ball, once he finds that he'll be playing in the premiership.
Just my opinion, I will bookmark this thread for 10 years time to come back to.

Evo1883

I rate the lad in all fairness , there are not many wingers that can consistantly tear teams apart for 90 minutes every week .
Most wingers appear to blow hot and cold especially at his age ..

rupert_bear

Jacob Murphy is a typical winger and like most even the very best have lulls during a game, Tommy Hutchison, Ronnie Rees, Dave Bennett were all like that but in a 15/20 minute period can transform a game, I just think Murphy needs to improve his final ball. He could and probably should have as many goals as Armstrong I've lost count how many times he has hit the woodwork and been one on one with the keeper.

junglej13

1st half against Chesterfield I spent the whole half saying to my dad I wasn't sure about Murphy and personally thought he was lucky to start ahead of Lameiras... 2nd half he was the best player on the park and made me look an idiot!

WestEndAgro

Murphy will become a very good player, when everything clicks into place, someone is going to be one the end of an absolute hiding, also his goal at Wasall was quality

stupot07

He seems to play his best football in the last 20 minutes when the back 4 are tired. I'd be tempted to drop him for Kent, and use him as an impact sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He seems to play his best football in the last 20 minutes when the back 4 are tired. I'd be tempted to drop him for Kent, and use him as an impact sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Kent will certainly come back in but you get the feeling O'Brien and Lameiras are both in line to be dropped before Murphy

Users who are viewing this thread