Fantastic.... Thanks very much sisu, br, robinson.... The lot (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

You have all played your part in destroying the club i love.

Go fuck yourselves knowing you have broken the hearts of people who really care about the club.

:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Marty

All started with Richardson and his cronies, which Joe Elliott was part, yet people are happy for Elliott and Hoffman and another faceless company to come in, wake up people, nothing will change, we're fucked till we get someone like the man city owners.

kdrinkell

how many were there tonight ? 15k ?

thats part reason the club is where it is = league 1 support

It isn't,it's because the so called saviours (sisu) have been killing us slowly with a thousand cuts...Thorns not to blame but he's not a manager no matter what anyone says.God help the team in league one

scroobiustom

Watching Coventry is so painful, I was certain we was down at Christmas and from nowhere we found form to drag out our slow death.

On the plus side the FA's goal of keeping Portsmouth in the Championship is still alive so that's something to take to St. Mary's.

Astute

Of course it doesnt, but i think everybody needs a share of the blame! Maybe not an equal share!

How much of the blame do you think you should have then Nick?

Daz

Doomed

Well well what do you know Pompey with their support will finish above us!!!
I can't see us beating Donney never mins Southampton..Huddersfield here we come:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Desperados

We didn't gamble at all tonight until it was far too late. If Sheffers was in doubt with the pen, just blast it?

Skybluestu

The club has been screwed for years. Brought to it's knees by a few ruthless wankers. There is a reason attendances are down on previous years.... No investment = not many people willing to part with there money. I'm in my 30's tho and remember seeing highfield road with less then 15k regularly. Does that mean it was the fans fault we went down from the prem???? No it doesn't. We have all been robbed by years of wankers. Roll on pre season !!!!!!!!!!!

Robinson is where the rot started. SISU have not helped.

We are league 1 next year (barring a biblical style miracle) so we are just gonna have to get on with it and hope investment comes before league 2 does, and, I'm not gonna be caught with saying it will never happen as I did when we got relegated last time.

Did sisu miss the penalty tonight? Was it missed because we have a small
Squad?

No they didn't miss the penalty but if SISU had made some kind of attempt to replace the crucial players they sold, we might have had a player playing who would have slotted it home. jeez, isn't that beyond obvious????

AngryAnt

After several years without any investment and seeling our best players, we're lucky to even get that.
We were getting 23,000 or so when we first moved there if i recall. The stadium has always been to big for us, 17,000 was what we used to get at HR and that was fine.

I admit i wasn't there tonight, but i live over 100 miles away and its easily £100 a game.
But doesn't make me any less of a fan because i listened online (along with many others).

Truthfully, we're all glad we're going down, in our heads that is and not our hearts.. Our hearts we want to stay up of course and go back to the promised land. But now we're pretty much down, Sisu might finally drop us (though part of me does worry about malmo too as their also on the sisu books).

SISU OUT OUT OUT. Andy Thorn CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MESS!!!!

oh lord if I hear any more numpteys blaming Andy Thorn for the mess we are in :(

As plenty of people realise. SISU have given Thorn zilch support. HE CANNOT DO HIS JOB BECAUSE OF THIS. If he cant buy any players, what is the guy supposed to do?

I'm hearing a lot of "well, just because the squad is small that doesn't make any difference to the way this player or that player performed, or why that tactic did'nt work"

IF THORN HAD BEEN GIVEN MONEY TO SPEND HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BUY PLAYERS WHO WERE ABLE TO PERFORM/SCORE/DEFEND ETC. ETC. ... JEEZ, REALLY!! IS THAT NOT TOTALLY OBVIOUS??

Throw into the mix that as soon as any player looks half decent, sisu move him on, or our squad is so small half the team are walking injured .. Thorn to blame? Give me a break.

Nonleagueherewecome

If you think the average L1 side like Carlisle or Hartlepool are averaging that, you are deluded.

If there's one thing that's not to blame, it's the support, who have been fantastic all season. What the hell do you want us to do?!? Score goals? Anyone blaming the fans is nothing other than a WUM who clearly has sod all idea about the game we love.

Nonleagueherewecome

Who will SISU sell now?

Keogh...Clarke, Cody or Hussey if they do decent early next season or anyone wafts 50k under their dirty capitalist noses?

AngryAnt

Also (continuing from my earlier post).. Scunthorpe have 7 to 8 thousand ground capacity which is pretty much the average, i'm sure the likes of Yeovil have around the same as their ground isn't huge.. 15K is double that.

What about Wigan? They have a pathetic amount of supporters for a prem team. Should they be in league one because of that?

Snozz_is_god

Robinson is where the rot started. SISU have not helped.

No not Robinson, he played his part in the downfall, but he didn't begin the rot. It began with the start of the Premier league, Sky TV are to blame for throwing money at a game where greedy players sucked it up causing the wage bills of all clubs to rocket to unsustainable levels. From our own clubs point of view, it was Bryan Richardson who then tried to chase the dream and put us 60+ million in debt.

skybluesam66

No not Robinson, he played his part in the downfall, but he didn't begin the rot. It began with the start of the Premier league, Sky TV are to blame for throwing money at a game where greedy players sucked it up causing the wage bills of all clubs to rocket to unsustainable levels. From our own clubs point of view, it was Bryan Richardson who then tried to chase the dream and put us 60+ million in debt.

in my opinion though they lost their bottle when we got relegated to the championship . keeping the same team may have put us 75m in debt, but we could have become a yo yo club and eroded that debt . they bottled it at the wrong time . The rest is history

torchomatic

When Richardson became chairman we were 4.5 million in debt and owned our own ground. Last night was the end result of what Richardson started in 97/98.

TommyAtkins

Of course it doesnt, but i think everybody needs a share of the blame! Maybe not an equal share!

Exactly. And don't forget the fans.

There seems to be this myth that fans don't have to take responsibility.

Every single fan who stayed away from CCFC (assuming they could afford it) has to take a share of the blame.

coundonskyblue

Why does it have to be a case of Sisu good/Robinson & Richardson bad or vice versa?

They've both been terrible owners and both have played their part in the downfall of our club.

coundonskyblue

Exactly. And don't forget the fans.

There seems to be this myth that fans don't have to take responsibility.

Every single fan who stayed away from CCFC (assuming they could afford it) has to take a share of the blame.

Fans have been loyal and supportive.

Give me another group of fans who have put up with the rubbish that we have and still get our numbers?

TommyAtkins

Why do you expect us to get bigger crowds than clubs that have had success in recent years?

It isn't a question of bigger or smaller crowds. The issue is: this club needs money. A significant chunk of income comes from ticket sales. Those fans who stay away deprived the club of money when it was needed.

The "size" or "quality" of our club depends on how many fans we have attending compared to our spending

torchomatic

I agree. Its not just Sisu or Richardson who are to blame for our plight. However, it was BR who set the ball rolling 15 years ago.

Why does it have to be a case of Sisu good/Robinson & Richardson bad or vice versa?

They've both been terrible owners and both have played their part in the downfall of our club.

coundonskyblue

It isn't a question of bigger or smaller crowds. The issue is: this club needs money. A significant chunk of income comes from ticket sales. Those fans who stay away deprived the club of money when it was needed.

The "size" or "quality" of our club depends on how many fans we have attending compared to our spending

Why do you think the fans stayed away?

coundonskyblue

because they weren't loyal fans.

Fans don't have conditions.

Supporting your club isn't a conditions-based industry

So do you think its reasonable to expect fans to keep turning up in their thousands despite the fact the club has had only one good season in over 40 years?

Personally I'm amazed we get as many fans as we do at games.

TommyAtkins

So do you think its reasonable to expect fans to keep turning up in their thousands despite the fact the club has had only one good season in over 40 years?

Personally I'm amazed we get as many fans as we do at games.

I think you are exactly right. And all credit to those who have attended, whenever possible and affordable, over that period.

Users who are viewing this thread