Fargo (1 Viewer)

Otis

The latest must watch TV show?

First episode was very impressive and with the Coen Brothers as exec producers I think this looks like it is going be a top tv series. Great cast too, with Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Keith Carradine and Bob Odenkirk (Saul from Breaking Bad).

Loved the first episode. Think it is going to be a real class act. Anyone else concur?

Reviews have been totally excellent all round.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Yep, I watched it.

Was weird hearing him speak american (Freeman) with some facial expressions from the office :)

Very good so far though.

Is it a 2 parter?

Otis

No idea.

As soon as Freeman opened his mouth I thought 'oh dear,' but he pulled it off in the end and I accepted him in the role.

Very promising though I think Nick.

henry the wasp

Heard an interview with Martin Freeman the other day. He said he had signed up for 10 episodes.
Love the Coen brothers work and really enjoyed the first episode.

Otis

I would think just the pilot was longer to be honest Nick. Am expecting all the other episodes to be an hour in length.

It has the falvour of the film, Wingy, though not quite exactly the same plot. The same feel about it and it is darkly delicious in its hmour. Recommended. Especially if you like the Coen Brothers' style.

Last edited:

wingy

I would think just the pilot was longer to be honest Nick. Am expecting all the other episodes to be an hour in length.

It has the falvour of the film, Wingy, though not quite exactly the same plot. The same feel about it and it is darkly delicious in its hmour. Recommended. Especially if you like the Coen Brothers' style.

Will watch It on catch up then ,cheers Otis.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Somebody recommended "Dexter" to me. I watched a couple of episodes and got completely bored with it. Does it get any better? Any recommendations? Otherwise I'll just delete the whole bloody series and save some space!

Houchens Head

I have recently had a "No 2" haircut and, with my beard, I've been told by many people I now resemble Walter White from "Breaking Bad"! Just thought I'd mention it..... :whistle:

Otis

Somebody recommended "Dexter" to me. I watched a couple of episodes and got completely bored with it. Does it get any better? Any recommendations? Otherwise I'll just delete the whole bloody series and save some space!

Dexter gets much, much betterm Houch. It's a grower. I wondered myself what all the fuss was about when I first started watching, but you have to stick with it. One or two series don't quite hit the mark, but at times it is very impressive.

You HAVE seem Breaking Bad haven't you Houch?

lordsummerisle

Dexter gets much, much betterm Houch. It's a grower. I wondered myself what all the fuss was about when I first started watching, but you have to stick with it. One or two series don't quite hit the mark, but at times it is very impressive.

You HAVE seem Breaking Bad haven't you Houch?

Dexter peaked with season four and the Trinity Killer with John Lithgow, shame it ended so poorly really.

Did you notice the two actors who'd appeared in Dexter in Fargo?

Houchens Head

........You HAVE seem Breaking Bad haven't you Houch?

Have to admit Otis, me and 'er indoors were absolutely hooked on Breaking Bad (or Baking Bread as she called it!). We watched all 5 series over a period of about 5 - 6 weeks. Every night! Brilliant! Might watch it all over again!

Nick

Administrator
Second one is available online in all good video retailers so will watch it tonight!

Is it actually a true story?

Nick

Administrator
I watched the film last night, totally random! Didn't really make sense.

Also watched the second part of the series, very good again

chiefdave

I can't watch this, I find Freeman with an American accent too distracting. Not that he's bad at it or anything just doesn't seem right.

J

Jack Griffin

Original film was excellent & I can recommend it.

I am recording the TV series, but not got round to seeing it yet..

SlowerThanPlatt

The first episode was very enjoyable. I was reluctant to watch it at first - due to my love of the film - but this looks very promising. Billy Bob Thornton was tremendous.

Otis

The first episode was very enjoyable. I was reluctant to watch it at first - due to my love of the film - but this looks very promising. Billy Bob Thornton was tremendous.

He was. I am loving it. Great performances, super witty script and a lovely dark feel to it all. Once you accept Freeman with his US accent he is perfectly cast in the role of Lester.

It's a must watch for me now.

Nick

Administrator
Anybody still watching? This week's a bit confusing, are there still 5 in the series?

Otis

Anybody still watching? This week's a bit confusing, are there still 5 in the series?

This one? Do you mean the next one as far as the rest of us are concerned? Aren't you a week in advance of the C4 screenings?

i'm still loving it

Otis

According to Wikipedia there are 8 episodes, so you may well be right in saying 5.;)

The one I saw last week was where Malvo killed the dog and Lester received a visit from the 2 hitmen/thugs.

Users who are viewing this thread