Favourite Summer Song ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

As its hot and sunny now even though the heatwave will be short no doubt, it got me thinking : Whats a favourite summer record by music lovers on here ? By that I mean a track with a title relating to the hot season, or one that reminds you of summer for some reason ?
A few for me are: Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream. Summer In The City by the Easybeats. Itchycoo Park- Small Faces always makes me think of hot days as a kid. I've got more but any other suggestions ?

Otis

Lazy Sunday by the Small Faces (oh wouldn it be nice to get on wiv me neighbours). Summer in the City is great too.

Sunny Afternoon, the Kinks. Here comes the Sun, the Beatles.

Here Comes the Summer, the Undertones.

Do it Again, the Beach Boys.

Gazolba

Is there a summer in England? I like "Summer Holiday" by Cliff Richard.

Otis

I loved it until Operation Yewtree, then I really hated it, but now he has been cleared I like it again.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hear comes the summer - The undertones

vow

Summertime - Will Smith

Summertime Sadness Remix - Lana Del Rey (plus shes a babe).

Last edited:

skybluedan

My boy who is 8. Is always singing. Once I was 7 years old........ But then don't know anymore so that's all I hear don't know what hes singing. He said it's a song anyway

wingy

My boy who is 8. Is always singing. Once I was 7 years old........ But then don't know anymore so that's all I hear don't know what hes singing. He said it's a song anyway
How did you miss that
They played it to death about six months ago! :)

Samo

Summer's Cauldron by XTC (Yeah I know... I'm obsessed!)

Gazolba

No-one mentioned "Summer Nights" by Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta?

Last edited:

skybluedan

I could here soul to soul last night live from the park next to where I live and seen the dude from them this morning

bringbackrattles

In the Old Crown on Windmill Road in Cov last night had a free jukebox so there were some great tracks blasting out. Staying Out For The Summer by a band called Dodgy was on and that's a great song. They broke up not long after pity they sound good.

vow

In the Old Crown on Windmill Road in Cov last night had a free jukebox so there were some great tracks blasting out. Staying Out For The Summer by a band called Dodgy was on and that's a great song. They broke up not long after pity they sound good.
Good tune that:

mrtrench

And Everything But the Girl's Eden album reminds me of the summer before I met her - living above a restaurant with a bunch of musos; dancing, gigging and working the days at Ladbrokes marking up the odds and results for every race. Halcyon days...

Users who are viewing this thread