Feeling resigned...but not down and out! (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

Gotta say I'm becoming resigned the idea of League One football whenever it starts again. The sooner I accept the pain the sooner I'll feel better. But I feel truly sorry for all those who've put in so much hard work this season against all the odds, a brilliant effort all round, too many to name but we know who they all are from the ball boys up! They deserve a just reward, but it doesn't work that way. In a season where I've witnessed the the most exciting football in years, it's very sad if it should come to nothing. Right now I just can't think about the whys and wherefores, the ifs and buts etc....I just want them to get on and make a decision so we all know where we stand. I'm hanging in there and always will, whatever the outcome...but fingers crossed eh?!!

cc84cov

Games will be finished I think altho I do think their probably trying to work out if they can get round it without them being finished without being took to court left right and Centre the EFL are weak spineless jelly fish

Sky Blue Harry H

It'll be the 'meaningless' games that could become farcical if they are being forced to play in the midst of this - once a side knows they've missed out on a playoff spot with 4 games to play, will the club e.g. pull out due to financial/emotional stress etc. You can imagine a few dodgy practices going on if it suited a clubs agenda.My silver lining (if we get shafted) is that I can se The Ricoh (ironically) being a millstone around Wasps neck. Happily watch them sink.

oscillatewildly

I can’t see this season being finished, at least outside of the prem. It’s devastating and will be worse for the players if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same as. A few weeks ago I argued that it would have to be completed somehow - credibility and all that. How foolish I was to assume that our footballing bodies prize that quality.
I totally get the scrapping of the season if there is no way of guaranteeing safety - that remains paramount. I just don't think there will be a conclusion based on merit. I do hope I'm wrong.

clint van damme

They won’t void the leagues because take Leeds for example, an absolute huge club about to go into the prem....they won’t void the championship therefore none of the efl will be void

To me they have to void them all or none of them else how do you sort out promotion/relegation?
And housing them all doesn't seem feasible but who knows.

Magwitch

It'll be the 'meaningless' games that could become farcical if they are being forced to play in the midst of this - once a side knows they've missed out on a playoff spot with 4 games to play, will the club e.g. pull out due to financial/emotional stress etc. You can imagine a few dodgy practices going on if it suited a clubs agenda.My silver lining (if we get shafted) is that I can se The Ricoh (ironically) being a millstone around Wasps neck. Happily watch them sink.
Not so sure about that, isn’t the Ricoh being used as a testing centre so I’d think they will have some sort of revenue from that.

chiefdave

Not so sure about that, isn’t the Ricoh being used as a testing centre so I’d think they will have some sort of revenue from that.
Did note that most of the other centres being used have said in their press releases they were providing the venue free of charge. No mention of it from Wasps, Sure are local paper will be right on it.

clint van damme

I think the only way to avoid an absolute shit show and potentially a whole raft of litigation is to get the season finished even if all remaining games are behind closed doors.
If there were guarantees that life would be back to normal by the start of August then I could give some credence to the ending the season argument but no one can guarantee that we could be in another lockdown so however long it takes get this season done!

standupforcity

Not only that but some have played more home and less away also who would decide who you play in those "10 or 11 games" . Under "standupforcity's" idea 56 or 57 games?
WTFK...
Not only that but some have played more home and less away also who would decide who you play in those "10 or 11 games" . Under "standupforcity's" idea 56 or 57 games?

Yeah...crazy idea...durr.....PPG then....follow PSG's example!

Old Warwickshire lad

People are still dying ffs. The season can’t be re-started, it’s football not life and death.
Yes if it’s void it’s a kick in the teeth for us and a lot of others. But we will still be around to moan.
Not like some.

Nick

Administrator
People are still dying ffs. The season can’t be re-started, it’s football not life and death.
Yes if it’s void it’s a kick in the teeth for us and a lot of others. But we will still be around to moan.
Not like some.
Glad people have never died before now.

Life goes on after this has calmed down.

clint van damme

Glad people have never died before now.

Life goes on after this has calmed down.

It's not an either or situation though in my opinion.
Football with crowds would appear to be very irresponsible at the moment.
But behind closed doors looks like something we can work towards in the coming weeks surely?
With the likes of JLR and Toyota looking to return to work surely BCD games are feasible?

Grendel

Not like some.

People die every day. I don’t honestly see the correlation

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

People die every day. I don’t honestly see the correlation

Ok then when you die how would you like the SBT family to remember you then.

David O'Day

But behind closed doors looks like something we can work towards in the coming weeks surely?
With the likes of JLR and Toyota looking to return to work surely BCD games are feasible?
Yep there will be far less people at a bcd game than at a production line.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Not like some.
Get a grip

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Flying Fokker

Flippant remark, thought better of both of you. Even though I don’t know either of you.
Yes people die all the time, let’s hope you or yours don’t get this virus. If you see it first hand your attitude will change.
Dude, People die of many things. We get back to somewhere near normal but never the same. Too soon for you maybe...and sad though that is, We have to move on at some point. I’ll hedge my bet here, I bet all of us know death of family members at some point.

Last edited:

shmmeee

I don’t see the issue with BCD. The aim is to keep R0 below 1, not to eliminate all infections. In the grand scheme of things it’s not going to move the needle to have a few fit young players with the best medical care taking sensible precautions at work.

All else fails they can play like this:

giphy.gif

larry_david

I. Can't see why behind closed doors can't happen. Go into a supermarket at the moment and there's loads of people milling about. More in those buildings than behind closed doors matches. And rightly or wrongly things have to start again soon. Even places like KFC are starting to reopen. We can't stand still. I'd be saying this if we were 14th as well, i need footy in my life. Just watching watching that Sunderland netflix show and within about 5 mins I was thinking about Walshy, Kelly, godden, mcfadz and how fucking good we are and how it's so typical that this may get taken away

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, it isn't all of nothing. Fill Wembley and cough on each other.

Nick

Administrator
Flippant remark, thought better of both of you. Even though I don’t know either of you.
Yes people die all the time, let’s hope you or yours don’t get this virus. If you see it first hand your attitude will change.

Surprisingly enough I've had family members have much worse before this.

Again, it's not a "end football or everybody will die" and stop the world. Its sad that people are dying from it, of course it is but death isn't a new thing.

Sick Boy

The issues with 100s of 1000s of tests being used across the professional game compliate the BCD issue, it’s not so simple. There would be uproar if they were being used to play football when people couldn’t have access to them.

Nick

Administrator
The issues with 100s of 1000s of tests being used across the professional game compliate the BCD issue, it’s not so simple. There would be uproar if they were being used to play football when people couldn’t have access to them.
To be fair, plenty of footballers and celebs have already been tested.

Sick Boy

To be fair, plenty of footballers and celebs have already been tested.

Yeah but they’d need to be tested several times a week I’d imagine to eliminate any risk.

You’re also going to get those who aren’t keen on the idea of playing as well, especially if they have a pregnant wife or girlfriend for example.

They’ll probably end up doing it for the PL because of they money but I can’t see us and League 2 doing it.

singers_pore

I’d just be happy if someone told me we’d get back to normal in 12 months. My concern is that it will take decades to get an effective treatment like happened with HIV. This virus is very very tricky and I’m not at all confident we have a good handle on it.

Users who are viewing this thread