Fifteen Years (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Missed it by a day, but 15 years ago Nick started SBT. I was member no. 2. It's been fun.

torchomatic

Are there any other 2008ers still around?

kg82

Missed it by a day, but 15 years ago Nick started SBT. I was member no. 2. It's been fun.
Joined in July 2008. I was on another site (can’t even remember which one now) and Nick asking me to join this one! The site we were on just ended suddenly very soon after that

torchomatic

Joined in July 2008. I was on another site (can’t even remember which one now) and Nick asking me to join this one! The site we were on just ended suddenly very soon after that

I'm the same. I think it was the CET forum that closed, just "for maintenance", but it never came back. There was the official one before that too, early 00s.

kg82

I'm the same. I think it was the CET forum that closed, just "for maintenance", but it never came back. There was the official one before that too, early 00s.
That was it! Yeah, I was on the official one too. That seems a very long time ago now! Can’t even remember what happened with the official?

Grendel

What was the one McGinnity threatened to sue?

torchomatic

I was never on LAST. The official was a right nightmare of a place. Anyone remember the Adrian/Vicky tag team? Adrian turned up at my mate's house in Long Itch and threatened him!

I think the CET site stopped because of the constant abuse that was thrown around.

hill83

Are there any other 2008ers still around?

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

olderskyblue

Briles

I was on the 606 forum for years. I'm fairly new to this one

NorthernWisdom

I think it was GMK - I’m sure it was Knowle. McGinnity was an utter wanker
It was GMK and it was Nev, the original owner. A poster called westterrace2 / coventrycityfan put up a private email he'd had from a Cov Observer journalist, saying the sooner those rogues were out the club, the better. McGinnity went mad (think at an AGM he distributed copies of the offending post), then the CCFC official forum had to close when some (well, I know I did!) pointed out he was being called far worse on there!

As an aside westerrace2 turns out to be a real person! Active on twitter nowadays, still a bit of a clueless goon.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I was on GMK when this started off I think. Then was Cambridge_Skyblue here but lost the login information many years ago.

This is definitely one of the best forums and layouts I've ever been a part of (some of the member's questionable though)! The only thing I miss is a bit more interaction with opposition fans. There were frequent invasions of angry supporters from many clubs back then, which was a laugh.

All we seem to get these days is a rogue Barnsley estranger!

Terry Gibson's perm

I was on GMK when this started off I think. Then was Cambridge_Skyblue here but lost the login information many years ago.

This is definitely one of the best forums and layouts I've ever been a part of (some of the member's questionable though)! The only thing I miss is a bit more interaction with opposition fans. There were frequent invasions of angry supporters from many clubs back then, which was a laugh.

All we seem to get these days is a rogue Barnsley estranger!

Didn’t we have a Burnley one as well recently

Brighton Sky Blue

Funnily enough we had a Sunderland invasion on here in 2012 with a mix of witty and not so witty usernames. A weird obsession that goes back longer than they want to admit

shepardo01

Just checked, joined here in 2011!(alongside GMK where i had been a member since "Rivals" died (04ish?).... laid mainly dormant as an observer on here until I felt I could no longer hold my anger in at the lack of flack Wasps were getting around rent deals/council shenanigans etc... to the point where Nick banned me, convinced I was doing some sort of PR!! ....

Sick Boy

Just checked, joined here in 2011!(alongside GMK where i had been a member since "Rivals" died (04ish?).... laid mainly dormant as an observer on here until I felt I could no longer hold my anger in at the lack of flack Wasps were getting around rent deals/council shenanigans etc... to the point where Nick banned me, convinced I was doing some sort of PR!! ....
At the time a lot of people were lauding the move and backing the council, not that they’d admit to it now

Ashdown

LAST
GMK
SBT ? Not sure when first joined, probably early on 2008 ish, have had a couple of long spells away.

skyblu3sk

Joined in 2010 when GMK finally was no more I actually think this place has become a really decent forum. Good mix of banter and serious chat. I rarely look at other teams forums but if I do they are shite in comparison!

Fergusons_Beard

2011 when GMK had finally taken its last breath.

It’s a great site and ran extremely well.

Some good balanced views, some wildly out there ones too but on the whole everyone very respectful and it’s become a decent place to chat about Cov.

But when we lose…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread