Fight! (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Reading various threads it seems like a little disguised re-hash of all the old pro/anti acl/sisu stuff with lots of personal points scoring and the usual heroes/villains. So there's only one way to decide this....Fight! 1pm @ the Council House: Simon Gilbert v Les Reid, Rob S v PWKH, Grendel v Tony etc etc. BHSB and LAST can referee cos they've got a whistle

torchomatic

I'd like to book tickets for the Rob vs PWKH battle royale please. Hope I'm not sat next to Jack, Astute, Dongo et al, I wouldn't want to be covered in the underwear they'd be throwing around. :)

Nick

Administrator
Or everyone could now see and agree that sisu and ccc have their own priorities which are not the best interests of the team and fans, and we could stop fighting each other and instead fight for our Sky Blues. Just a thought
I agree, most people have been saying they are all as bad as each other for as long as I can remember though.

Hobo

Surely Grendel would have to fight a whole host of previous owners as well a previous manager? Would he know where the Council House is anyway? Coming to Coventry seems a bit beneath him, in fact I often wonder how he became a Cov fan?

L

limoncello

Or everyone could now see and agree that sisu and ccc have their own priorities which are not the best interests of the team and fans, and we could stop fighting each other and instead fight for our Sky Blues. Just a thought

You're preaching to the long converted. I just don't find anything about this in the slightest bit amusing.

MichaelCCFC

You're preaching to the long converted. I just don't find anything about this in the slightest bit amusing.

A flippant way of making a serious point - if all the arguing and points scoring on here today was channeled into something a bit more productive...

hill83

Welcome to the party. Wipe your feet on the way in.

L

limoncello

A flippant way of making a serious point - if all the arguing and points scoring on here today was channeled into something a bit more productive...

And maybe if you'd dropped all the arguing and point scoring with Rob S things may have developed a little differently. Just a thought.

duffer

The fight's over Michael. Unless Wasps fall over on the funding, or SISU step in now that there's a value established for ACL, then it's done, over.

As far as I can see it, the only thing we can do now is lobby people not to attend Wasps games, in the hope that they go under.

MichaelCCFC

The fight's over Michael. Unless Wasps fall over on the funding, or SISU step in now that there's a value established for ACL, then it's done, over.

As far as I can see it, the only thing we can do now is lobby people not to attend Wasps games, in the hope that they go under.

If people want to stop this happening it can be done - I keep saying we've got to unite behind the Trust but really could do with some leadership

Rob S

Nice one Michael. I am happy to take this thread in the spirit in which it was intended. You're dead right...Cov fans know all about humour in the face of adversity and this is a quality example of it. (Although I will say I'd be fighting way above my weight class so Stuart Cosgrove might have to tap in for me.)

In answer to the serious point Michael is making alongside this...It would be very easy for me to be a twat and dance around yelling 'I told you so!' but it wouldn't help anyone or anything and would make me look like a bit of a tool. And it wouldn't necessarily be true either.

The thing that really grates is the fact that a deal was on the table that was better than this, two years ago and it was f'in Sisu that had put it there. Two wasted years and so much division and discord.

Well stuff that. We need to be united for us – the fans of CCFC. I know that a forum will always tend towards discord and some disagreements will always be a healthy part of the debate but we don't need to be hashing out old scores over & over again. What counts is how we go forward.

mark82

Having seen NOPM posts of late, I believe I am right in saying you are against this too Michael. Could really do with you knocking some sense into a few of your former followers on here.

MichaelCCFC

Nice one Michael. I am happy to take this thread in the spirit in which it was intended. You're dead right...Cov fans know all about humour in the face of adversity and this is a quality example of it. (Although I will say I'd be fighting way above my weight class so Stuart Cosgrove might have to tap in for me.)

In answer to the serious point Michael is making alongside this...It would be very easy for me to be a twat and dance around yelling 'I told you so!' but it wouldn't help anyone or anything and would make me look like a bit of a tool. And it wouldn't necessarily be true either.

The thing that really grates is the fact that a deal was on the table that was better than this, two years ago and it was f'in Sisu that had put it there. Two wasted years and so much division and discord.

Well stuff that. We need to be united for us – the fans of CCFC. I know that a forum will always tend towards discord and some disagreements will always be a healthy part of the debate but we don't need to be hashing out old scores over & over again. What counts is how we go forward.

Unity is indeed what we need. Only the Trust - through its democratic organisation, numbers etc - can deliver that. I always opposed kcic being split off from the Trust and am pleased kcic's job is done. Time for GBTTR to say the same and have one united group ie the Trust?

Users who are viewing this thread