Final - Germany vs Argentina (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Otis, are you Argentinian? Lot of talk defending them?

Otis

Otis, are you Argentinian? Lot of talk defending them?

Nope, Houch. Thought Germany deserved to win, but certainly didn't piss the game and the Argies also had the best chances to win the match.

Wanted Argentina to win but don't particularly like either side. It was like picking between Pol Pot and Idi Amin.

dutchman

And the defence would like to produce Thomas Muller m'lud.

Biggest cheat on the pitch. ;)

And I suppose Schweinsteiger got this by walking into a door did he?

bastian-schweinsteiger-Bleeding-2014-World-Cup-Final.png

Filthy cheating Argentinian scum shouldn't be allowed near a football pitch
redcard.gif

turlykerd

redcard.gif

I thought Schweinsteiger was immense as the game went on.. Took everything and never stopped. Great final, especially compared to 2010 ...

But still can't say "well done das krout"

wingy

I can ,I like the Germans and Germany ,they're more like us than we realise.

We could learn so many things from them ,not just around football.

SlowerThanPlatt

860200931.gif

Thoughts then? As far as I know the keeper only gets the protection from refs in the 6 yard box. Sure, Neuer hits the ball but smashes Higuain with his knee, which in my opinion is dangerous play.

Otis

860200931.gif

Thoughts then? As far as I know the keeper only gets the protection from refs in the 6 yard box. Sure, Neuer hits the ball but smashes Higuain with his knee, which in my opinion is dangerous play.

Totally agree. Yet a free kick amazingly enough was given to Germany.

Otis

redcard.gif

Well though I would normally be in agreement with you, on this I think it was a complete accident. I was amazed when Lawrenson was talking of a red card for Aguero.

For me he went up for the ball, there was no intent and I think it looks like the nails of his fingers catch Sweinsteiger.

The Argies can be very dirty and I dispise them when they are, but this Aguero incident for me, I thought was a complete unfortunate accident.

bringbackrattles

I agree with you wingy the Germans are alright.
I've never been there but those who have all say it's a great country and the Germans love us Brits.
My sister and brother in law will probably move there in the near future as the standard of living etc is so good.
All this hate the Germans is childish and pathetic !

Otis

I agree with you wingy the Germans are alright.
I've never been there but those who have all say it's a great country and the Germans love us Brits.
My sister and brother in law will probably move there in the near future as the standard of living etc is so good.
All this hate the Germans is childish and pathetic !

Don't hate them, course I don't. That was meant in jest. But I do have to say unfortunately, that every encounter I have ever had with a German has resulted in the reinforcement of the stereotype of them being arrogant and very arrogant at that.

Would love to meet a nice German. Really would and I am sure they exist somewhere.

Every time I travel through Germany I cross my fingers hoping to meet a nice one for a change.

bringbackrattles

Don't hate them, course I don't. That was meant in jest. But I do have to say unfortunately, that every encounter I have ever had with a German has resulted in the reinforcement of the stereotype of them being arrogant and very arrogant at that.

Would love to meet a nice German. Really would and I am sure they exist somewhere.

Every time I travel through Germany I cross my fingers hoping to meet a nice one for a change.
Fair comment Otis but have only heard positive things about them.I've been to Wales several times and love the place,but sadly haven't met many friendly people there,could be because I'm English !

wingy

The Stereotype being first down to the sunbeds with the towels ,yet I find us Brits just as prone to this .

I know enough of your posting to realise you are largely jesting ,but have worked over there at least on twenty occasions and they are most helpful ,friendly ,amusing and welcoming .

Otis

Fair comment Otis but have only heard positive things about them.I've been to Wales several times and love the place,but sadly haven't met many friendly people there,could be because I'm English !

Well yes, that's true. Had the same thing.

Walked into a Welsh pub once where everyone was speaking English, but then as soon as they saw us (just a family) they all started speaking in Welsh.

As I say, I would love to meet a nice German person, I really would. Everyone I have ever encountered has been pretty vile.

Lots of examples such as this;

Went on a plane to Frankfurt. It was a small plane, but the seating room and leg room was immense. This middle aged German bloke sat by the window, then there was an empty seat and then I had the aisle seat.

As soon as we took off the bloke called the stewardess over and said something in German. The stewardess then approached me and asked if I minded moving as this guy had some work to do and needed the space. Didn't bother me, so I moved without any problem. Loads of empty seats about anyway.

I sat adjacent to where I previously sat and then saw the bloke just spread his bags out and do absolutely no work whatsoever. Never even opened his breifcase the entire flight.

I have had far too many incidents such as this and encountered too many rude and arrogant Germans on my travels to Munich and Frankfurt or wherever.

I hate it when people manifest the stereotypical traits of a group of people. I really don't like sterotypes at all, but can honsetly say, hand on heart, I have never ever met a nice German. Have met arrogant French, but lovely French, same with Italians, Americans, Canadians, Austrailians, Austrians, Portuguese etc. etc., but only really bad, arrogant Germans.

wingy

Walked into a Welsh pub once where everyone was speaking English, but then as soon as they saw us (just a family) they all started speaking in Welsh.

As I say, I would love to meet a nice German person, I really would. Everyone I have ever encountered has been pretty vile.

Went on a plane to Frankfurt. It was a small plane, but the seating room and leg room was immense. This middle aged German bloke sat by the window, then there was an empty seat and then I had the aisle seat.

As soon as we took off the bloke called the stewardess over and said something in German. The stewardess then approached me and asked if I minded moving as this guy had some work to do and needed the space. Didn't bother me, so I moved without any problem. Loads of empty seats about anyway.

I sat adjacent to where I previously sat and then saw the bloke just spread his bags out and do absolutely no work whatsoever. Never even opened his breifcase the entire flight.

I have had far too many incidents such as this and encountered too many rude and arrogant Germans on my travels to Munich and Frankfurt or wherever.

I hate it when people manifest the stereotypical traits of a group of people. I really don't like sterotypes at all, but can honsetly say, hand on heart, I have never ever met a nice German. Have met arrogant French, but lovely French, same with Italians, Americans, Canadians, Austrailians, Austrians, Portuguese etc. etc., but only really bad, arrogant Germans.

Either you've been very very unlucky or I've been very very lucky.

Otis

And my motto in life has always been to treat everyone as an individual and each and everyone on their own individual merits.

I really, really detest sterotypes. :(

bringbackrattles

Everytime in Wales I've been in a shop or boozer I got the cold shoulder when they heard my accent pissed me off.In Scotland me and my son were on a hiking holiday,and went all over,Inverness,Fort William,and down to Glasgow for a couple of days.And the Scots were great and we had a good time there.
So like you say it's weird behaviour by some people.

Otis

Everytime in Wales I've been in a shop or boozer I got the cold shoulder when they heard my accent pissed me off.In Scotland me and my son were on a hiking holiday,and went all over,Inverness,Fort William,and down to Glasgow for a couple of days.And the Scots were great and we had a good time there.
So like you say it's weird behaviour by some people.

It is.

A friend of mine though went to live on the east coast of Scotland for 4 years, but then came back because she had such a hard time. When she lived they didn't even speak to her just because she was English.

Very sad and she's lovely too. :(

bringbackrattles

It is.

A friend of mine though went to live on the east coast of Scotland for 4 years, but then came back because she had such a hard time. When she lived they didn't even speak to her just because she was English.

Very sad and she's lovely too. :(
That has shocked me as they were so friendly to me and my lad.
Guess there's good and bad all over this planet.I've been in places in England that were like the League of Gentlemen.
Me and my then missus got the cold treatment in a pub in Swanage in Dorset,found out they didn't like outsiders.
We were on holiday !

olderskyblue

I have met, and worked with Germans. Most are great, but you get the occasional rude one, like any other nationality.

I was in a small village hotel in Germany years ago, 6 of us Brits on holiday, when a bunch of German guys heard us talking, and came over. We got chatting, and then started up a traditional German drinking game, just like a yard of ale, but with a glass wellington boot. Had a great time, and a great laugh, and a huge hangover the next day.....

On the other hand, met up with a group of German colleagues once, and all having a discussion in English. One of their colleagues walks over, listens for a while, and then introduces his own story...in German. Everyone laughed at the end of it (except me) and he started off on another tale. One of the other guys interrupted, and said he should speak English as it was rude otherwise. He looked like thunder, and left.

olderskyblue

That has shocked me as they were so friendly to me and my lad.
Guess there's good and bad all over this planet.I've been in places in England that were like the League of Gentlemen.
Me and my then missus got the cold treatment in a pub in Swanage in Dorset,found out they didn't like outsiders.
We were on holiday !

Had a lot of great holidays in Swanage, and only suffered that once. Mind you, my mate and I had challenged the locals to a darts match, losers buy the next round, and one guy in there was the darts captain. Well, I dont know what happened, as we were usually crap at darts, but we kept winning. The "captain" was getting more and more upset after each round they had to buy...... We beat a hasty retreat when he went to the loo, well and truly sozzled, and for free... :D

Otis

It can be quite regional.

Went to Denver in the US, but stopped in NY on the way for 2 days.The difference was startling. Every single person I encountered in New York was incredibly rude and everyone in Denver so incredibly friendly and nice.

SlowerThanPlatt

Was in Berlin two years back, stayed in the Mitte area. Really liked the place, it's a pretty incredible city. Full of so many different people. Visted Hamburg more recently though, and it seemed more of a laid back vibe. The St. Pauli area is cool as fuck, graffiti murals on the wall and then there's Reeperbahn...it's eh....an interesting place to be at night.

Otis

Was in Berlin two years back, stayed in the Mitte area. Really liked the place, it's a pretty incredible city. Full of so many different people. Visted Hamburg more recently though, and it seemed more of a laid back vibe. The St. Pauli area is cool as fuck, graffiti murals on the wall and then there's Reeperbahn...it's eh....an interesting place to be at night.

Do tell more.

SlowerThanPlatt

Do tell more.

There were drunken people laying all about the streets, menacing looking homeless people, a bunch of low-rent sex shops you could find in any run-down area of any big city and trash all over the streets. You'd only go there to see what the fuss is about and say you've seen it.

Otis

There were drunken people laying all about the streets, menacing looking homeless people, a bunch of low-rent sex shops you could find in any run-down area of any big city and trash all over the streets. You'd only go there to see what the fuss is about and say you've seen it.

Is Reeperbahn German for Willenhall?

turlykerd

Oh.... Don't get me wrong wingy... I've been to Germany a few times and met many nice and cool Germans .
I remember standing in the middle of Munich underground, completely lost , trying to find the way to the zenith for a gig and some random German in perfect English stopped and gave us complete directions and then explained to us the underground map system. We didn't even ask.
Also, when I went to see bayern I had a great time .. Had no problems traveling to and from the ground with a load of drunk chanting bosh .in fact we commented on how little police there were.

The Munich Christmas fair is wonderful.. The bovarian architecture is beautiful , there is clearly a lot more money around in the country , and on the whole I've enjoyed traveling there, but I still can't support them ... It's like saying people from Birmingham are the same as us so I should support villa if they get to the fa cup final .

B-Ban-Boogie

I'm in Germany now and last night was fantastic..
I'll be honest I was jealous as f### at the shear happiness of what they had just witnessed as I know I will probably never experience that, as an Englishman, in my lifetime.
All the Germans I met were really friendly and were as baffled as me at how shite the England team had become..
I have a lot of time for ze Germans :thumbup:

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Paxman II

When I operated my business in the South of France resort all manner of Europeans came for their holidays.
My best clients were German by a country mile. Clean, respectful, no complaints unless truly warranted.
Arrogance was a feature of the Dutch!
Italians were always friendly. Belgians Swiss, and most of the rest Ok. Bottom of my list for best clients, or in this case worse clients were the French and out on there own the English. Dirty, disrespectful, moaners, never satisfied, wanting champagne for lemonade prices. My chalet units were left as good as new, spotless by Germans, never charged them a deposit. But the English on the whole were so disrespectful, left them units without cleaning or poorly cleaned and generally disrespected the 'rules'. Go figure.
the Germans paid on time precisely. The English left it till the last minute and then tried to get a discount!

So yes I supported the Germans against those pathetic left wing countries in S America any time particularly those that still lay claim to the Falkland islands.

Otis

Right, that's that then.

Will never ever support those disrespectful English again. :whistle:

Funny world isn't it, cos pretty much in all my dealings with French people I thought they were all lovely. I worked for a French firm for 4 years and they were all really, really nice.

martcov

Is Reeperbahn German for Willenhall?

No. Worlds apart. Lots of clubs, Discos, music venues, theatres, pubs - everything, including lots of girls selling themselves openly and legally at certain points. Strip clubs, lap dancing etc.. Great place to go.

Try Steilshoop or Mummelmannsberg if you want something in that direction in Hamburg - but still better than Willenhall.

Willenhall is a dump.

Users who are viewing this thread