Finishing 6th - Nooo! (3 Viewers)

GaryJones

Ok - so we all want to get into the play-offs again but we could really do with finishing 5th.
The likelihood is that if we finish 6th we will play either Leicester, Southampton or Leeds and that would be a tall task over 2 legs given how far ahead in quality those squads are compared to the rest.
A 5th place finish would probably end up playing Ipswich which although difficult I personally feel we would do them over 2 legs.
So we have to keep West Brom in our sights and hunt them down whilst keeping the pack behind us.
Exciting times but we simply cannot afford any slip ups between now and the end of the season.
Avoiding injuries and suspensions I think we can do this!!!

usskyblue

Ok - so we all want to get into the play-offs again but we could really do with finishing 5th.
The likelihood is that if we finish 6th we will play either Leicester, Southampton or Leeds and that would be a tall task over 2 legs given how far ahead in quality those squads are compared to the rest.
A 5th place finish would probably end up playing Ipswich which although difficult I personally feel we would do them over 2 legs.
So we have to keep West Brom in our sights and hunt them down whilst keeping the pack behind us.
Exciting times but we simply cannot afford any slip ups between now and the end of the season.

Pfft.. whogivesashit m8?

When there’s the cup… ayye, ayye??

file.php

Londonccfcfan

Rather go out in semi final than heartbreak of final. So plaY Southampton in semi final.

Sky Blue Harry H

Extra ££££s in the bank for our assault the following season if we get in there, regardless.....and you've got to be in it to win it. Finish above two out of West Brom, Hull and Norwich and we'll get in the top 6, No easy task, though.

slowpoke

Keep saying take one game at a time we have been battling away with some of our better players not fit & available, get Sheaf back alongside Torp, get Saka back fully fit we are a different team
and a match for anyone.

TomRad85

TBH if we’re going to lose, and I think we would against Soton or Leeds, I’d rather do it in the semis and save the hassle. Gets you another week of pre season as well
I can't be arsed to research this at all but I'm sure I read you make somewhere between £2-£3 million from the final.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JohnWH

Would probably be more ticket pricing "reciprocal" b.s. again if was Cov v Leeds in a hypothetical two legged semi, I'd make the allocation for Leeds visit to CBS as small as allowable too for good measure

North York’s Blue

I’m going to be in Madrid for the weekend of the Championship play off final, if we do get there it’ll be the first time I’ve not been at Wembley when we’ve played there.

OldBedrocker

I’m going to be in Madrid for the weekend of the Championship play off final, if we do get there it’ll be the first time I’ve not been at Wembley when we’ve played there.
I was in Madrid for the away semi at Middlesbrough. Though I’d find a bar with game on. No chance as Real were playing Man City in the champions league at the same time

Astute

I'd take 6th place right now.

The playoffs are a different animal. They're a game leveller. We've done OK against the top sides this season. Some thought I had lost my marbles (if I ever had them) last season when I said we would get top 6 then would beat Middlesbrough and that Luton had the beating of Sunderland. The two outsiders made the final.

But a lot of it will come down to player fitness/injuries. With a fully fit side we can beat anyone. We won't know that part until if/when it happens. That's the same for all sides.

covcity4life

TBH if we’re going to lose, and I think we would against Soton or Leeds, I’d rather do it in the semis and save the hassle. Gets you another week of pre season as well
But miss out on wembley gate receipts gentleman's agreement

Look we already had a playoff final Vs. Team that gave us good chance of winning

We lost. Maybe we win in a final we are big underdogs.

Users who are viewing this thread