Fisher backtracks already (1 Viewer)

L

longjohnskyblue

Apologies in advance if a thread about this already exists....

Quoted earlier on CT website....

Sky Blues chief executive Tim Fisher admits club could return to Ricoh Arena if ownership deal could be struck

Less than 24 hours when he categorically rules out ever going back to the Ricoh, Our beloved Mr Fisher all of a sudden comes out with the backtrack I said would come out (although I didn't think he would come out with it the day after his tirade tbh!). So for all the bluster, in actual fact it appears he has seriously underestimated the strength of feeling amongst the fans. I can only assume he thought that fans wouldn't think a 70 mile trip wasn't too much of a wrench - he guessed wrong!

Seems NOPM is starting to have the desired effect! Marches can be ignored, speeches can be brushed off. The bank balance cannot be argued with! Stick in there guys, they will be force round the table probably sooner than certainly I thought! NOPM is the only way forward from here!

hutch1972

Sky Blues chief executive Tim Fisher admits club could return to Ricoh Arena if ownership deal could be struck

Less than 24 hours when he categorically rules out ever going back to the Ricoh, Our beloved Mr Fisher all of a sudden comes out with the backtrack I said would come out (although I didn't think he would come out with it the day after his tirade tbh!). So for all the bluster, in actual fact it appears he has seriously underestimated the strength of feeling amongst the fans. I can only assume he thought that fans wouldn't think a 70 mile trip wasn't too much of a wrench - he guessed wrong!

Seems NOPM is starting to have the desired effect! Marches can be ignored, speeches can be brushed off. The bank balance cannot be argued with! Stick in there guys, they will be force round the table probably sooner than certainly I thought! NOPM is the only way forward from here!
2 or 3 games played in a totally empty stadium would have had us back at the Ricoh within a month.

Anyone think that Timmy might not be a complete twat just a raging Schizophrenic

AJB1983

It's not a backtrack really. What he's saying is if acl suddenly want to sell then they'd listen...

Just further evidence of SISU's desire to distress ACL until they hand over the 'asset'.

They will return to the Ricoh "without any negotiation on purchase price" and intend to seek "expensive litigation at every opportunity".

What a lovely bunch.

L

longjohnskyblue

It's not a backtrack really. What he's saying is if acl suddenly want to sell then they'd listen...

Considering he said there was absolutely no way coventry will be returning to the Ricoh, I'd suggest it is pretty difficukt to call it anything else but a backtrack!

Brighton Sky Blue

My reckoning is that he actually doesn't have the authority to go and change the situation even if deep down he accepts it is the only viable option to abandon Northampton. Seppala is likely the one pulling all the strings but as she seems to despise any publicity she has got Fisher releasing all sorts of statements and attempting to deal with the media, which is why he is releasing contradictory statements. What he is saying is likely to relate closely to Joy's changing thoughts on the situation.

hill83

Considering he said there was absolutely no way coventry will be returning to the Ricoh, I'd suggest it is pretty difficukt to call it anything else but a backtrack!

Well, caveat aside, what he actually said was he wouldn't be interested in doing a 3 year deal whilst a new stadium was being built. But we'll ignore that and carry on with the theme of the thread.

Just to double make sure, I'm against Sisu, I'm not Timmy, but I'm also against bullshit.

Thanks

kmj5000

Well, caveat aside, what he actually said was he wouldn't be interested in doing a 3 year deal whilst a new stadium was being built. But we'll ignore that and carry on with the theme of the thread.

Just to double make sure, I'm against Sisu, I'm not Timmy, but I'm also against bullshit.

Thanks

But he won't go back to the ricoh for 3/5 years (and respect the wishes of 95% of the fans) because he bears a grudge about the 10 point deduction?

That's real bullshit!

AJB1983

Fair dos then. But at least it does again prove their intention which they have gone about in a disgusting disrespectful and underhand way.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Thanks

You're quite correct with regard to the specifics of what TF said, but what that misses is the tone of the response.

As you say, he was asked if he'd do a 3 year deal with the Ricoh.

The rational response would be "If they can offer us a package, where in net terms we'd be better off than staying at Sixfields, of course we will - we'd be crazy not to".

Accepting that for their reasons (whatever they may be), they won't do this, the next most sensible response would be "We've made it clear that we are not interested in any form of rental deal, however we're always open to negotiate on purchasing ACL/the stadium".

He didn't say that either. Instead he made a fatuous comment about talking to them when "they gave the 10 points back" i.e. never.

Really can't see how this approach is meant to work with the Council, with ACL, with the supporters, with anyone.

olderskyblue

Thanks

But if after 3 years he will then move into his new stadium, the statement means CCFC will never play at the Ricoh....

Unless he meant that he never intended to build a new stadium, so he may consider moving back to the Ricoh?

either way it's BS

Last edited:

Ashdown1

Based on the weekends figures and attendance, the turnover of CCFC would be reduced to less than £1m per season. Even with all their reduced 'costs' it doesn't give them much room to hide their 'Management fees'. In fact I'd expect a loss of over £2 million just on the wage bill on a reduced playing squad, then there are a multitude of further costs. In short SISU are running the club insolvently which I thought was not complicit with football league requirements for 'fit and proper' owners !

Matty_CCFC

I wonder why he has said this?
Maybe another person or group who are trustworthy and honest have got a better deal in.

Get it into your head Fisher, your not wanted and no one will sell sell to you.

Watch out for the PR crap starting now.

italiahorse

It's a small hope from Tim

ACL dangle the carrot of 50% to start with 100% for good behaviour. 10 year plan to include F&B handover.
ACL need to be transparent by saying what the deal is including figures, after all there is public interest.
SISU need to respond to show what they are willing to pay.
The trouble with this process has been nobody really knows what is being offered.
If it was known we could proportion blame and both would be accountable to the tax payer and the fans.

covcity4life

i like the 50%-100% idea italia, hell starting at 25% is fine

but gotta be faster than a 10 year deal

problem is that the guys in charge are not having these discussion like forum members are.

ccfcway

if we move into a new stadium in time for the 2016 season, I'll sponsor Kevin Malaga in the matchday programme

italiahorse

i like the 50%-100% idea italia, hell starting at 25% is fine

but gotta be faster than a 10 year deal

problem is that the guys in charge are not having these discussion like forum members are.

I think F&B is on a 10 year rolling deal. TF plan is a 10 year plan anyway as he said at the last forum.
If he wants it straight away it aint gonna happen.A result of SISU trying to engineer getting the Ricoh by default.

It is not beyond the wit of man to put something together for CCFC and ACL customers.

Godiva

Based on the weekends figures and attendance, the turnover of CCFC would be reduced to less than £1m per season. Even with all their reduced 'costs' it doesn't give them much room to hide their 'Management fees'. In fact I'd expect a loss of over £2 million just on the wage bill on a reduced playing squad, then there are a multitude of further costs. In short SISU are running the club insolvently which I thought was not complicit with football league requirements for 'fit and proper' owners !

In league 1 it's not really about profit or losses - it's about revenue and a salary cap of 60% of the turnover. So they really can't make a loss of £2m on wages alone if turnover is as low as £1m.
But they will need to put in more money, and if they put that in as equity it will count as turnover in the FFP calculation.

If indeed they are going to build a new stadium to be able to recoup some or all of their investments, then funding the club with £2m per year in a 4-5 year period may be seen as a reasonable risk.

When they took over and during the Ranson/Hoffman/Elliot regime the yearly losses exeeded £6m per year. Had we stayed at the Ricoh at £150k/y rent plus match day expenses and with F/B income the club might have been at break even point, but running at break even wouldn't repay the sisu investments.

SIR ERNIE

spot on Ashdown. This is why SISU or more correctly OTIUM, will fold in the near future.

Godiva

I don't see how the club can meet the ffp rules playing in front of crowds around the 2,000 mark. Whats the punishment if you don't, transfer embargos?

Sisued

I don't see how the club can meet the ffp rules playing in front of crowds around the 2,000 mark. Whats the punishment if you don't, transfer embargos?

I doubt SISU will be penalised, after all they can say to the FL 'its your fault you let us move out of the city'

Godiva

Yes, punisment is transfer embargo.
The way around the FFP if 60% of the turnover is not enough to cover the staff wages is to increase equity. They will need to fund the club anyway, and doing it by injecting money as equity (share capital) instead of loans, it will count as turnover. If funding wasn't necessary (i know it is!) then they could convert loans to equity with the same effect.

Ashdown1

You can spin it however you like Godiva but funding is funding and these loans will have to come from somewhere to cover losses. Eventually lenders will run out of patience whoever they may be and my main point was that they are blatantly running insolvently which should be sending alarm bells to FL bosses ?!

SkyblueBazza

Because they got a free ticket?
Next home game will be the decider, me thinks!

There will be "free" corporate tickets at every game. The reason he said they are the business of giving tickets away is the old, no such thing as a free lunch principle. They are given as a thank-you or a please related to some sort of return for the Club.

James Smith

Just further evidence of SISU's desire to distress ACL until they hand over the 'asset'.

They will return to the Ricoh "without any negotiation on purchase price" and intend to seek "expensive litigation at every opportunity".

What a lovely bunch.
I read an article entitled "How I Tried to Bomb Iran into the Stone Age" http://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...tried-to-bomb-iran-into-the-stone-age-part-i/ and can imagine SISU saying:

We'll sue you back to the stone age.​

Last edited:
L

longjohnskyblue

Surely if owners can put equity into a club then the FFP are a farce! All clubs like Man City & Chelsea can put multi-millions in as "equity" and will continue on as before.

Surely the whole concept was you get x fans you sell food & drink, replica shirts/ programmes etc, get sponsorship, and sell players. You add up all of those /5, multiply by 3 and hey presto that is how much you have to spend!

By allowing "equity" then those with bottomless bank accounts can carry on as before, just use different names for the funds!

skyblueman

Surely if owners can put equity into a club then the FFP are a farce! All clubs like Man City & Chelsea can put multi-millions in as "equity" and will continue on as before.

Surely the whole concept was you get x fans you sell food & drink, replica shirts/ programmes etc, get sponsorship, and sell players. You add up all of those /5, multiply by 3 and hey presto that is how much you have to spend!

By allowing "equity" then those with bottomless bank accounts can carry on as before, just use different names for the funds!

FFP is based on turnover - equity doesn't add to your turnover so doesn't help you spend more - just stops you from going bust

Users who are viewing this thread