Fisher backtracks already (1 Viewer)

thaiskyblue

fisher spin:

Having just read Fishers statement in the Coventry Telegraph he said a word i'd never heard before "filibuster", so i looked it up in the dictionary," a very long speech made to delay the passing of a law ":
sums up shitsu completely, FILIBUSTERS,
NOPM, SISU OY, PUSB !

duffer

In league 1 it's not really about profit or losses - it's about revenue and a salary cap of 60% of the turnover. So they really can't make a loss of £2m on wages alone if turnover is as low as £1m.
But they will need to put in more money, and if they put that in as equity it will count as turnover in the FFP calculation.

If indeed they are going to build a new stadium to be able to recoup some or all of their investments, then funding the club with £2m per year in a 4-5 year period may be seen as a reasonable risk.

When they took over and during the Ranson/Hoffman/Elliot regime the yearly losses exeeded £6m per year. Had we stayed at the Ricoh at £150k/y rent plus match day expenses and with F/B income the club might have been at break even point, but running at break even wouldn't repay the sisu investments.

Running at break even with the club at the Ricoh might have given them a chance of selling the club and cutting their losses - now what are they going to do?

Let's say they run the club at a loss using your figures for the next five years. That puts them £10m down. Then they've got to plan and build a stadium, even if they get part funding of the development through retail, that's still got to cost another £10m, minimum. So now you're £20m down, plus all of the existing debt.

So now you've got a shiny new stadium and £20m - £40m of debt, and a business that has never yet turned a profit and now with an awful lot of unhappy customers. How long will it take you to make back that debt?

It's just not plausible. Whatever Fisher says, SISUs investors won't go for a plan like this. They've clearly got a different strategy.

[Edit: Sorry, I think you're talking about losses of £1m a year at Northampton. I think that's a little low, but even then if you wipe £5m off, you've got £15m - £35m of debt, and a business that hasn't turned a profit in living memory. Still doesn't add up, imho.]

Last edited:

Mr T - Sukka!

Well well well! Im guessing Timmy boy has seen the figures from Sunday and quickly realised the whole game plan from SISU is flawed by the number they will get trough the door in Northampton. In simple terms without the backing from the Sky blue Army they will fail.

No money for them is a disaster for SISU and they expected larger amounts of fans to follow them.

Well Tim and SISU you have bit the hand that feeds you (Sky blue army) and the majority has spoken, we will not follow you.

And the anger from the SBA builds with each match, great result Sunday but its not clouding anything.

There is venom and anger on the way to SISU and i fully think they deserve it. Never setting foot in Northampton and never will.

Not One Penny more is already working after one match at Northampton.

J

Jack Griffin

Wait till it is pissing down with rain in October or November, the crowds at Sixfields will be even smaller...

Godiva

Running at break even with the club at the Ricoh might have given them a chance of selling the club and cutting their losses - now what are they going to do?

Let's say they run the club at a loss using your figures for the next five years. That puts them £10m down. Then they've got to plan and build a stadium, even if they get part funding of the development through retail, that's still got to cost another £10m, minimum. So now you're £20m down, plus all of the existing debt.

So now you've got a shiny new stadium and £20m - £40m of debt, and a business that has never yet turned a profit and now with an awful lot of unhappy customers. How long will it take you to make back that debt?

It's just not plausible. Whatever Fisher says, SISUs investors won't go for a plan like this. They've clearly got a different strategy.

[Edit: Sorry, I think you're talking about losses of £1m a year at Northampton. I think that's a little low, but even then if you wipe £5m off, you've got £15m - £35m of debt, and a business that hasn't turned a profit in living memory. Still doesn't add up, imho.]

If it doesn't add up ... if the business won't be viable and profitable at a fully owned stadium with access to every day income streams and not just the F/B on match days ... then it certainly wouldn't add up at the Ricoh paying rent and no access to other income streams than part of the F/B.

But what if you change your view point? What if you were charged with the responsibility of actually make a viable business and a probable return of the current and future investment? Wouldn't that make you more creative and think of more potential revenue streams than when you categorically dismissed the whole idea?

Tonylinc

Wait till it is pissing down with rain in October or November, the crowds at Sixfields will be even smaller...
I truly hope that you are correct. My only fear is that after last Sunday many more will venture to the dark side and our initial protest will be lost. We have to keep up the protest (even though I don't think Shitzu are listening).

chiefdave

I truly hope that you are correct. My only fear is that after last Sunday many more will venture to the dark side and our initial protest will be lost. We have to keep up the protest (even though I don't think Shitzu are listening).

How many exciting games do we have a season? if people turn up expecting it to be like that every week they won't be hanging around long when they see what rubbish we usually have to put up with!

cloughie

If it doesn't add up ... if the business won't be viable and profitable at a fully owned stadium with access to every day income streams and not just the F/B on match days ... then it certainly wouldn't add up at the Ricoh paying rent and no access to other income streams than part of the F/B.

But what if you change your view point? What if you were charged with the responsibility of actually make a viable business and a probable return of the current and future investment? Wouldn't that make you more creative and think of more potential revenue streams than when you categorically dismissed the whole idea?

Yet your beloved fisher said last season he only wanted an average league 1 rent of £170,000 yet been offered £150,000 but no lets play at sixfeilds at £14 a go x 900 and that being generous without including concessions , kids etc . Minimal F&B

10,000 at the Ricoh x even the same lower price ?

I'll leave it for you to add it up

Ridiculous choice

chiefdave

Yet your beloved fisher said last season he only wanted an average league 1 rent of £170,000 yet been offered £150,000 but no lets play at sixfeilds at £14 a go x 900 and that being generous without including concessions , kids etc . Minimal F&B

where did the 400K figure come from initially, I have a feeling it was from something Fisher said. See a pattern here. Fisher asks for 400K, ACL say OK. Fisher asks for F&B, ACL say OK we'll give you our share of matchday revenues and setup a meeting with compass. Fisher says £170K at NTFC is better offer, ACL say stay here and pay £150K. Now Fisher says not talking unless we get 100% ownership.

letsallsingtogether

Yes 100% share who in their right mind would even give them 1% they can't run anything properly, Sisu will then try and charge the club 2 million rent and then say we have made the Ricoh more profitable?

Never sell to the dark-side once your in bed with the Devil there's no turning back..........

where did the 400K figure come from initially, I have a feeling it was from something Fisher said. See a pattern here. Fisher asks for 400K, ACL say OK. Fisher asks for F&B, ACL say OK we'll give you our share of matchday revenues and setup a meeting with compass. Fisher says £170K at NTFC is better offer, ACL say stay here and pay £150K. Now Fisher says not talking unless we get 100% ownership.

georgehudson

a word from within ntfc said that there were approx 500 neutrals,
given that there were 1000 + brizzle,
then a figure of 650 max ccfc,
which would include the 'give away' tickets,
still in the fantasy world of TF et al,
this would show everyone agrees with them,
& on the 7th day who walked upon water ?

cloughie

a word from within ntfc said that there were approx 500 neutrals,
given that there were 1000 + brizzle,
then a figure of 650 max ccfc,
which would include the 'give away' tickets,
still in the fantasy world of TF et al,
this would show everyone agrees with them,
& on the 7th day who walked upon water ?

Also heard they were giving tickets away in Northampton, which could confirm the 500 neutrals

Grendel

Also heard they were giving tickets away in Northampton, which could confirm the 500 neutrals

Which of the voices in your head did you hear that from?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Which of the voices in your head did you hear that from?

You're suggesting Cloughie hears voices?
images

Users who are viewing this thread