Fisher : CCFC would not own Ricoh Areana if Otium bought the freehold (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The only guarantee CCFC have a home is if the council own it.
If a private company owns it they can do what they want with it.
IF the Ricoh is a goer without the club perhaps they need to offer the rental at cost in this league and increase based on attendance for Championship and PL.
Surely someone could come up with an equation that would suit all parties. Perhaps spread the risk by allowing Sisu 49% at some point as the relationship grows.

The high rent may have been a necessity in the early days but it looks as if ACL are addressing it in the offers. Whether they would if SISU had not done what they did is another matter.

Lets just agree that both parties have done the right thing (ACL to get arena established - SISU to make them see sense), shake hands and move this on.

Surely the council would need to own the club too? The council own the Ricoh now but the club don't have a home so there is no guarantee?

Astute

It would be interesting to see how other clubs do it. I bet a large percentage do it with a seperate company.

It would be interesting to see how many clubs have multiple companies running them.

Nick

Administrator
It would be interesting to see how many clubs have multiple companies running them.

Somebody should do some sort of survey to see just how common ground ownership with different companies is run. It all then depends on the terms.

stupot07

Reading have quite a complicated structure.

we should clarify Reading’s corporate structure. The profit and loss figures are from The Reading Football Club (Holdings) PLC, which is the parent company of The Reading Football Club Limited, which itself has two wholly owned subsidiaries, the Madejski Stadium Hotel Limited and the Reading FC Community Trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

we should clarify Reading’s corporate structure. The profit and loss figures are from The Reading Football Club (Holdings) PLC, which is the parent company of The Reading Football Club Limited, which itself has two wholly owned subsidiaries, the Madejski Stadium Hotel Limited and the Reading FC Community Trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Walsall we know is seperate.

torchomatic

That one probably doesn't count.

RoboCCFC90

At the SCG he said there would be a prop-co and an op-co which is normal but that all revenues would go to ccfc.

Sorry KH but it's amazing really everyone shoots off on this subject yet this was already information previously given to us.

Also can someone explain to me why CCC are different compared to Otium, if Otium bought the stadium and it was owned under their business and acted as a management company?

cloughie

To quote fisher "and our valuation of the Ricoh is a low one."

Now is that because they view it as a worthless business, yet they have not seen the real figures of how its doing. It may be doing well it may not but why are sisu so desperate to get their hands on it if it is so worthless?

I think most can work out why!

Isn't it touching how so many on this site are so trusting in the SISU group of companies to unite both stadium and club.

And then Fisher says that SISU don't trust the council? The brass neck of these people is truly astounding.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry KH but it's amazing really everyone shoots off on this subject yet this was already information previously given to us.

Also can someone explain to me why CCC are different compared to Otium, if Otium bought the stadium and it was owned under their business and acted as a management company?

Exactly. Why is it different if SISU rent it or the Council rent it to us?

RoboCCFC90

How could anyone possibly trust these cretins not to absolutely fleece every penny out of the Coventry public for as long as people stood it. The Ricoh to SISU would be disaster, the Ricoh to another investor would of course hold the similar risks but hedge funds are hedge funds............scum !!

Are you including CCC in this comment then? Because CCFC renting the ground from CCC is no different from renting it from Otium.

RoboCCFC90

I wonder how many clubs pay management fees, interest on loans and rent to their owners ????

That's not the point I am making John, however people are cursing and quick to jump at SISU's door when this information comes out, yet when you can perceive that this is the same situation as the one we had previously renting off ACL (CCC), everyone suddenly forgets it or neglects it.

The owners will look to recoup money they have invested, I don't see how that is a problem as long as it doesn't make CCFC suffer.

Sky Blue Kid

@ RoboCCFC90............There's a massive difference....CCC have to prove to the Government any income, unlike SISU's "Cloak and Dagger"...."CCFC owe us £30m..£50m..£70m..Ad infinitum.

RoboCCFC90

@ RoboCCFC90............There's a massive difference....CCC have to prove to the Government any income, unlike SISU's "Cloak and Dagger"...."CCFC owe us £30m..£50m..£70m..Ad infinitum.

They're hardly going to get round the government are they SBK? I am not defending SISU I just fail to see how this situation is different to the one we were under previously with CCC/ACL, yet that was fine for people to swallow.

will am i

No investor will ever want the club without the stadium and any investor will also separate the club from the stadium. So are you saying the club may as well close now?

No. Instead of taking a one eyed view, I am trying to undestand if anyone thinks that the model proposed by SISU is the same as the one we have now (i.e the club and the stadiium are not united) Is so, why is this unacceptable now with counci control of the stadium, but would be acceptable if SISU operated it in the same way. Its a genuine question.

thaiskyblue

That's not the point I am making John, however people are cursing and quick to jump at SISU's door when this information comes out, yet when you can perceive that this is the same situation as the one we had previously renting off ACL (CCC), everyone suddenly forgets it or neglects it.

The owners will look to recoup money they have invested, I don't see how that is a problem as long as it doesn't make CCFC suffer.
the very last sentence is what concerns most people.

RoboCCFC90

the very last sentence is what concerns most people.

Of course and I understand that emotion, personally I think there is more chance of a succesful CCFC at the Ricoh under SISU then at Arena Tinpot.

Sub

they would be recouping their money alot quicker if they hadnt got us relegated and moved us to northampton and alienated 90% of the fans and used CCFC in a land grab exercise

RoboCCFC90

they would be recouping their money alot quicker if they hadnt got us relegated and moved us to northampton and alienated 90% of the fans and used CCFC in a land grab exercise

It goes even further back then that, whether their business acumen has worked out well, then you leave yourself scratching your head considering it. I just want Seppala and Lucas to agree a deal now and get us home, that is most important.

lewys33

Exactly. Why is it different if SISU rent it or the Council rent it to us?

Are you f***ing serious? Why is it different? Because the council didn't move the club 35 miles away.

Many people have said that the football club need to own the stadium for the best future of the club. Nobody can really argue with that. It is beyond me how a certain select few can then claim that by "renting off sisu" it is no different than before. Technically you are correct. Idiotic, but correct. Why on earth would fans be happy about moving back to the ricoh under the same circumstances as before?!

PLEASE READ WHAT YOU ARE TYPING GENTS .......... "CCFC renting the ground from CCC is no different from renting it from Otium." ........... EXACTLY!!! Is that not the issue which started this mess??

Of course there is currently no proof of anything. But if it turns out CCFC are being charged "rent/management fees" to the sum of £400,000 or more I for one will be f***ing furious that this whole situation occurred in the first place.

Or maybe I should take the moronic approach of "they united the club and the stadium, and brought us back to coventry, HOORAH!" .............. no.

lewys33

Nick, Grendel, Torch, Robo says:

WEAR IS DA PROOF?!

blueflint

Of course and I understand that emotion, personally I think there is more chance of a succesful CCFC at the Ricoh under SISU then at Arena Tinpot.

disagree there m8 as SISU have not proved they can be successful in anything other than distressing other companies

RoboCCFC90

"It is beyond me how a certain select few can then claim that by "renting off sisu" it is no different than before. Technically you are correct. Idiotic, but correct."

That's all I wanted to know thanks.

The only differnece which you fail to see in your little escapede is that if SISU were to sell the Club they are more likely to get a worthy price to get rid of them while owning the Arena, not under current situation, take a chill pill also.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thing I find ironic is that you would have land and property owned in one company and the football trade owned in another under the same ownership........

much like that over complicated messy financial situation we used to have since 1995 when CCFC H owned the property and CCFC Ltd was the football trade ...... :whistle:

only difference was CCFC H owned CCFC Ltd but who is to say that might not be similar in a new set up............. Likely SBS&L would own both so not so very different

wrong complicated and messy thing to do in 1995 ............. but the right way to go for the owners in 2013........... go figure :facepalm:

RoboCCFC90

Nick, Grendel, Torch, Robo says:

WEAR IS DA PROOF?!

Open your eyes and read because here is my response not the response you thought:

It goes even further back then that, whether their business acumen has worked out well, then you leave yourself scratching your head considering it. I just want Seppala and Lucas to agree a deal now and get us home, that is most important.

RoboCCFC90

disagree there m8 as SISU have not proved they can be successful in anything other than distressing other companies

You have to look short term to see it, at Northampton our club is doomed, if we have to build a new ground it will take approximately five years (for argument's sake), if we moved back to the Ricoh tomorrow we could be playing in front of max 15,000 fans, SISU could be seeing the money flow through that they need and most importantly from the club's point of view, FFP will no longer be an issue meaning we don't have no pressure to sell.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread