Fisher - Is it time to put some presure on him? (1 Viewer)

Maiden Cov

I've heard people say that the current board is the best they've dealt with, the club even released a statement declaring "Since christmas with some sensible changes made regarding the introduction of arguably the right people in the right posts - something which was not always the case - we've have seen improvement"
Well - where exactly?
Back in February we got a transfer embargo which was "normal business practice" and would be sorted in a couple of weeks according to our Tim. In the fans forum TF and Waggot stressed that this needed to be lifted by the end of May and still as yet still no sign of it.
A "bounce back budget" was mentioned when we got relegated and I quote "Rest assured that we will be driven in all our efforts over the next few weeks to ensure we have a stable, fit for purpose platform so we have the best chance of making a robust bid of an immediate return to the championship.
I think we can forget about a couple of weeks, On the eve of 6 months into the year I'm kind of thinking is Tim Fisher the boards equivalent to Freddie Eastward - overweight, overpaid and has achieved bugger all for the club. Oh we do attract em!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonleagueherewecome

Welcome to the forum! Shame about the font thing, keep messing until it works!

I agree with what you're saying. Similar things could be said about every place-man they've had as the face of SISU!

The problem with Fisher is he's a slippery eel. He's very difficult to put pressure on as he only talks on his own terms. This is undoubtedly partly the local media's fault, but SISU hardly make their job easy (some of our better posters do make their job easier, but we aren't good enough for them once they've got our info!).

Maiden Cov

Welcome to the forum! Shame about the font thing, keep messing until it works!

I agree with what you're saying. Similar things could be said about every place-man they've had as the face of SISU!

The problem with Fisher is he's a slippery eel. He's very difficult to put pressure on as he only talks on his own terms. This is undoubtedly partly the local media's fault, but SISU hardly make their job easy (some of our better posters do make their job easier, but we aren't good enough for them once they've got our info!).

Yeah, I couldn't believe the local rag had sunk that low.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've heard people say that the current board is the best they've dealt with, the club even released a statement declaring "Since christmas with some sensible changes made regarding the introduction of arguably the right people in the right posts - something which was not always the case - we've have seen improvement"
Well - where exactly?
Back in February we got a transfer embargo which was "normal business practice" and would be sorted in a couple of weeks according to our Tim. In the fans forum TF and Waggot stressed that this needed to be lifted by the end of May and still as yet still no sign of it.
A "bounce back budget" was mentioned when we got relegated and I quote "Rest assured that we will be driven in all our efforts over the next few weeks to ensure we have a stable, fit for purpose platform so we have the best chance of making a robust bid of an immediate return to the championship.
I think we can forget about a couple of weeks, On the eve of 6 months into the year I'm kind of thinking is Tim Fisher the boards equivalent to Freddie Eastward - overweight, overpaid and has achieved bugger all for the club. Oh we do attract em!

At that fans' forum he also stated he'd be open to discuss individually with supporters their queries and concerns about the club-anyone know how to make it happen?

kingharvest

Ive met Tim Fisher and spoke to him a few times. Most recently was 2 weeks ago. I know it may disappoint many on here, but I genuinely thought he was a decent bloke. Honest, humble, not too far removed from Paul Fletcher - who at least tried to make things happen.

I liked fisher, from what he said he seems to really want the club to do well. He's also receptive to talking to fans.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

I too think he is personable & can talk a lot of sense, in different circumstances I reckon he'd be good for the club, but Joy is pulling the strings & she is a hard negotiator, so it doesn't matter what Tim thinks or intends, he has to wait for her say so.

Mutton just has to keep his nerve, SISU are the ones standing to lose, I don't see them holding any trump cards.
The best they've got is that the Higgs charity have all their capital tied up in the Arena & want to free it up for other purposes.
But I believe the council has the golden share, so they can veto any deal they care to make.

Nonleagueherewecome

He certainly knows how to choose his words and their timings carefully, I'll give him that. He chose his moment to criticise SISU, when they were most vulnerable and we were most angry, immediately after relegation. Yet that has also moved him into the "just another lying SISU frontman" box for me.

I was one of the few to give him another chance on that day, but with the proviso that it was meaningless unless SISU themselves agreed with his argument. Now I think that his comments then were nothing other than pandering to the fans when he was stuck in a corner, as the actions since by our owners speak volumes more than any of his empty words then or since. He knew it was meaningless as SISU wouldn't agree at the time he said it, and that makes him culpable. Damn I wish I'd gone into Law like I wanted to...

dongonzalos

Ive met Tim Fisher and spoke to him a few times. Most recently was 2 weeks ago. I know it may disappoint many on here, but I genuinely thought he was a decent bloke. Honest, humble, not too far removed from Paul Fletcher - who at least tried to make things happen.

I liked fisher, from what he said he seems to really want the club to do well. He's also receptive to talking to fans.

please expand further did you ask him all the poignant questions we have all been desperate to ask him.

Last edited:

PWKH

I too think he is personable & can talk a lot of sense, in different circumstances I reckon he'd be good for the club, but Joy is pulling the strings & she is a hard negotiator, so it doesn't matter what Tim thinks or intends, he has to wait for her say so.

Mutton just has to keep his nerve, SISU are the ones standing to lose, I don't see them holding any trump cards.
The best they've got is that the Higgs charity have all their capital tied up in the Arena & want to free it up for other purposes.
But I believe the council has the golden share, so they can veto any deal they care to make.

The Charity does not have all its capital tied up in the Arena. Neither the Council nor the Charity have a golden share: each has a veto over the other in the sale of shares. This is to protect both parties and is equal.

theprince

I can't make this Fisher out either, talks the tough guy, then invites the "opposition", Hoffman and Elliott back to the fold in some sort of capacity, just after coincidently the Chinese investor is revealed. I sometimes get the fee;ing Fisher is running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. You know it wouldn't surprise me that our Mr Fisher is still in position when sisu have gone.

lordsummerisle

I can't make this Fisher out either, talks the tough guy, then invites the "opposition", Hoffman and Elliott back to the fold in some sort of capacity, just after coincidently the Chinese investor is revealed. I sometimes get the fee;ing Fisher is running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. You know it wouldn't surprise me that our Mr Fisher is still in position when sisu have gone.

But Hoffman and Elliott weren't invited back into the fold.

Users who are viewing this thread