Fisher must go (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Out of all of this it is clear to me the problems the likes of Fisher has caused during his time here. He has a real attitude and bully boy tactics which are not acceptable for our club.

What has been shown is the way Waggott has come in with a refreshing, mature and positive approach to solve the problem of the Ricoh.

Fisher has constantly lied, talked rubbish, twisted and manipulated all us fans during his tenure.

As CCFC we should show a vote of no confidence and no longer recognise him as chief executive of our football club.

Tim Fisher needs to stand down immediately for the good of our club.

Wheelfass

100% behind that sentiment. It couldn't have been easy to mention his name without using expletives.

shmmeee

Fisher was doing a job, which included lying, talking rubbish and manipulating us, as was Labovitch.

The only reason I could see Fisher going is that he didn't manage to keep the club at Sixfields for the duration.

Wheelfass

Fisher was doing a job, which included lying, talking rubbish and manipulating us, as was Labovitch.

The only reason I could see Fisher going is that he didn't manage to keep the club at Sixfields for the duration.

I can't see any sackings on the horizon but if the owners ( I'm uneasy about typing the S word) REALLY wanted to show good faith to the long and suffering faithful then NOW would be a good time to move them both sideways. Wouldn't it eh?

Ashdown

I don't want to see Fisher around the club anymore, he represents all that took the club to the brink of destruction, Joy should move him onto another project !

J

Jack Griffin

I don't want to see Fisher around the club anymore, he represents all that took the club to the brink of destruction, Joy should move him onto another project !

He doesn't work for SISU, he is a consultant on a contract to manage the CCFC 'project', which I guess he has done, even if he is unlikable & arrogant to many and plays the nasty game. I don't think he will be going anywhere soon.

Now Labovich, that bloke definitely needs to go, all he has ever done is create negative PR about CCC, AHC & ACL, if SISU/OTIUM/ARVO want to cut a deal there is no way there is a role for someone like that. SISU need to bring in someone who can be a positive force for the club if they want progress, gosh maybe even someone from or heavily associated with Coventry!

I look forward to a day soon when Labovich is no longer a director of OtiumEntertainment Ltd and SBS&H Ltd.

skybluetony176

He should go and take ML with him. Every time one of them open their mouths the club seem to take one step back. Half the time it isn't even what they are saying it's the way they're saying it. They have failed to connect with the fan's and are surplus to requirements.

Delboycov

As I said on another thread he's a liability. If they have any hope of building bridges and gaining the trust and respect of the fans then he simply has to go. His is the face that symbolises the darkest hour in our history....just looking at him makes my blood boil...and whether he was just 'following orders' or not will never be forgiven by the vast majority in my opinion.

dongonzalos

Devils advocate here, you are JS.

You thought u had a deal done to get ACL on the cheap. Last second it is screwed up.
You say to TF I still need to get ACL on the cheap.

First plan JR and at the same time financially crush ACL to still get a good deal.

Mr Fisher gets Coventry out of the Ricoh that is a massive blow to ACL and in their eyes a very very good manoeuvre not an easy one to pull off.

JR fails council didn't come to the table whilst under the pressure.

Plan B club back at the Ricoh on far far better terms than they were offered before they left and a potential feel good factor to go on the back off.

It is a temporary deal and they can still use the threat of building a new stadium in future negotiations.

I was strongly against the move out of the Ricoh. As it goes is completely against Joys two stated targets promotion and break even point. I also feel it did us damage in the last two transfers windows when it comes to signing players.

However I could see Joy been very happy with Mr Fisher over his reaction to the hammer blow delivered by the council.

I also believe that he would have been heavily involved the formulation of a proposal to come back even if Mr Waggot saw it over the line

So even if I completely understand where you are all coming from, I can't see Joy moving him anywhere soon.

Sick Boy

From a SISU point of view he hasn't really done a lot wrong. Yes, the club has suffered on the pitch, but the new rent agreement and reduction of operating costs/wages will be seen as a success by SISU so far.

Rusty Trombone

From a SISU point of view he hasn't really done a lot wrong. Yes, the club has suffered on the pitch, but the new rent agreement and reduction of operating costs/wages will be seen as a success by SISU so far.

Reducing costs is excellent, but if you reduce income by more than that then you've rather wasted your time. SISU have had the odd success, but they are way down overall.

Wheelfass

Wouldn't let either on my pillion.
And I wouldn't mind putting a pound note or two on them both having to look at us from afar by this time next week.

chiefdave

From a SISU point of view he hasn't really done a lot wrong.

That depends what the expectation of him was. If he was expected to get the club back with ownership of the Ricoh he has failed, if he was expected to get the attendances he claimed at Sixfields he has failed.

From what we're hearing this offer has been on the table for a while, if it was what they wanted would they not have accepted it sooner?

Remember a hedge fund will want to make money, or at the very least not lose money. I'm not sure how moving back to the Ricoh on a rental deal helps them achieve this. Fantastic for the club and for us fans of course but how will SISU now make their money back? Maybe they're decided they won't and this is the start of an exit strategy, a successful season and decent attendances at the Ricoh would make the club much more saleable than another season at Sixfields.

Wheelfass

We don't know what was agreed in the talks do we. It could even be the start of a amalgamation between the waring factions. Maybe a 50/50 ownership between ACL and the owners. We just don't know.

Sick Boy

If you consider the fact that the club are now paying less money in rent, and I presume, have access to revenues, then from a SISU perspective, then this is good news. Even though he isn't popular with the fans, he does the job that he is paid to do and is just an employee at the end of the day. I wouldn't fancy being in his shoes and taken the abuse that he has done.

Sick Boy

Reducing costs is excellent, but if you reduce income by more than that then you've rather wasted your time. SISU have had the odd success, but they are way down overall.

I fully agree with you but I am not sure what success SISU have had at the club.

Even though they went about it in not the best way, it could be argued that the club is in a stronger position than it has been for a while. Hopefully we can rebuild and see some sensible investment in the team based on the money from the fans.

Bill Glazier

He was just doing Joy's bidding. For all we know it was Fisher and Labovich that persuaded her the game was up and it was time to come home.

Rusty Trombone

I fully agree with you but I am not sure what success SISU have had at the club.

Even though they went about it in not the best way, it could be argued that the club is in a stronger position than it has been for a while. Hopefully we can rebuild and see some sensible investment in the team based on the money from the fans.

The big success is getting out of an expensive lease arrangement, but the cost of this success is not yet fully known.

ajsccfc

While I think he's just the mouthpiece for the people who aren't going anywhere in a hurry, it would be a hell of a PR move to combine a Ricoh return with removing the villain. He grew that beard to look like Hans Gruber, true story.

dongonzalos

Am I really finding myself agreeing with you on something?

Ashdown

He was just doing Joy's bidding. For all we know it was Fisher and Labovich that persuaded her the game was up and it was time to come home.

I know that but people 'Do shoot the messenger' and in any case anyone who could do such a job that left so many people distraught doesn't gain any respect from decent people.

CCFCSteve

Let's be honest, they're all just doing a job. It all comes down to morals and what you are willing to do for a salary. Over the years we have had numerous people who would do anything to collect a wage.

The fans strength in not following their beloved club to Northampton shows that for a majority their morals are strong. Ultimately that has seen the return of the club to Coventry.

I don't blame fisher, but everyone has to look at themselves in the mirror in the morning and be happy with what they see and be content with how the live their lives. It's up to the individual whether they see their behaviour as acceptable.

cloughie

Let's be honest, they're all just doing a job. It all comes down to morals and what you are willing to do for a salary. Over the years we have had numerous people who would do anything to collect a wage.

The fans strength in not following their beloved club to Northampton shows that for a majority their morals are strong. Ultimately that has seen the return of the club to Coventry.

I don't blame fisher, but everyone has to look at themselves in the mirror in the morning and be happy with what they see and be content with how the live their lives. It's up to the individual whether they see their behaviour as acceptable.

Yes I agree with the most of what you say but Fisher has to do do the same.

you cannot say Fisher, if he has any morals can look in the mirror and find his behavior acceptable

rupert_bear

Local business men ?

A few weeks ago local business men were linked to looking to buy into Coventry City football club, widely reported in the local media, no names were given and those presently running our club said the club was not for sale, the same people who said we were not returning to the Ricoh anytime soon. A couple of weeks ago I posted on here a conversation I had with some people who told of our imminent Ricohreturn, was ridiculed on here as I knew I would.

All I am saying is those business men have not gone away !

Last edited:

SkyBlueUkeman

I wish Tim Fisher would go. Unfortunatly he works for a hedge fund.

There is no point trying to reason with a hedge fund. Its hopeless. They have no morals. None at all. he'll go when they stop playing him. it as simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread