Fisher on talksport (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Not heard it yet but if he's saying that they'll get football banning orders he's BSing and scare mongering. They're a preventative and used to stop known hooligans going to specific games and competitions. If anyone get's done for the pitch invasion they'll be dealt with using the Football (Offences) Act 1991. Not nearly the same thing, although if found guilty under this it may lead to a banning order in the future.

st john

Even though pitch invasions were made illegal in the Football Offences Act 1991, the official position is "context is the key" hence why you never see any action following end of season pitch invasions. If there is any threat to anyone, or opposition fans are goaded then action will obviously be taken. So I would be very surprised if the authorities could or would justify action.

Last edited:

Otis

Nobody will be banned,wont happen.
Then if that is the case he is going to look a complete fool.

There was not an ounce of wavering in his voice.

As a club, even if the FA or police don't do anything, the club surely can produce their own banning orders can't they?

Irish Sky Blue

I did and I think you are looking to deflect what is a serious issue
The smug ones are those who praised the invaders without thinking of the possible consquences
You are like someone who would have criticised the suffragettes for breaking the law or Nelson Mandela for breaking the law. I know our situation doesn't compare to these but the principle is the same. The pitch protest was non-violent and in my opinion morally correct. It also has resulted in the publicity our plight has recieved.It is also something that Tim Fisher did not like so on that basis can only be good for us. Can you tell me what harm the pitch invasion did? Also are you Tim Fisher?

clint van damme

You are like someone who would have criticised the suffragettes for breaking the law or Nelson Mandela for breaking the law. I know our situation doesn't compare to these but the principle is the same. The pitch protest was non-violent and in my opinion morally correct. It also has resulted in the publicity our plight has recieved.It is also something that Tim Fisher did not like so on that basis can only be good for us. Can you tell me what harm the pitch invasion did? Also are you Tim Fisher?

it's a very strange position to take by TF when he's talking of building bridges. The man might know his way round a spreadsheet but he knows fuck all about human nature.

ashbyjan

If Fisher truly wanted to build bridges with supporters he would be talking to the police and asking them not to pursue matters because he understands the fans frustrations etc. He could say he is asking police to be lenient in this instance but if it happens again it would be out of his hands. But no he is acting like its his decision to prosecute and he is a vindictive billy big bollox. Its not his decision but he could influence how vigorously the police act on the issue.

Otis

it's a very strange position to take by TF when he's talking of building bridges. The man might know his way round a spreadsheet but he knows fuck all about human nature.
Building bridges whilst burning them. Holding out an olive branch whilst blaming the fans for our predicament.
Encouraging the fans back whilst threatening to cut budgets.

It's like Northampton all over again. He seemingly thinks he know what is best for fans, but then goes ahead and alienates them.

SkyblueBazza

Yeah. Jim asked if all had been forgiven and he said 'absolutely not. Entering the field of play is illegal and the police are in the process of identifying everyone. It won't be just from the Ricoh, passports will be taken at the border.' Obviously he's that embarrassed by being shown up on national television that he now has a personal vendetta.
Tim is not the Law.
This is...http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/football_related_offences/

The CPS decide if there is sufficient evidence to convict & 9/10 of the law is discretion. He knows this the same as everyone else.

His bravado, showboating, bully-boy rhetoric is what makes him such a comical, contemptible idiot

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Ashdown

Fisher will never build a bridge with this particular supporter ! He actually thrives in the confrontational 'up yours' nature of it all ! He can't stand the club and it's fans, he's at his best winding up the populace and making threats. It started with the heavy handed tactics on banners etc. He is doing his job for that bitch Seppalla to the letter. He must be gutted that they 'Couldn't batter a fish in court' and now fancies winding up his customer base whilst he abuses them and takes the piss and then goads them with turn up and buy tickets or I will kill the club a little more. I wouldn't be upset at all to read someone had put this grade A shit in the canal with concrete wellies firmly fixed !

Otis

Tim is not the Law.
This is...http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/football_related_offences/

The CPS decide if there is sufficient evidence to convict & 9/10 of the law is discretion. He knows this the same as everyone else.

His bravado, showboating, bully-boy rhetoric is what makes him such a comical, contemptible idiot

...onwards & upwards PUSB
Be interested to know what would happen if we all went on the pitch next time out.

Would everyone be banned?

Where would your 'customers' be then eh Tim?

Skyblueweeman

The bloke is doing absolutely nothing to build bridges with fans.

It's like someone's saying to him..."right, Tim. This is how we can get fans back on side...."

**Voice in Tims head..."Tim, you know it makes sense to go in the opposite direction...go on lad...do it"**

fernandopartridge

Well make your mind up it is either TF getting them banned or the FA/Police

What are you talking about? I am saying that Fisher can ban fans from the stadium, as in he's the club's Chairman and has the authority to do so, like being barred from a pub.

The police / CPS can impose a football banning order, this can be either as a result of a criminal conviction or as a civil banning order where there hasn't been a specific conviction.

eastwoodsdustman

What are you talking about? I am saying that Fisher can ban fans from the stadium, as in he's the club's Chairman and has the authority to do so, like being barred from a pub.

The police / CPS can impose a football banning order, this can be either as a result of a criminal conviction or as a civil banning order where there hasn't been a specific conviction.

Can he ban them from the stadium? He only rents it on matchdays doesn't he? Might be up to the grounds owners and or safety officers more likely.

asiaskyblues

I may be wrong but how does Fisher ban supporters when he is not the owner of the property? Surely it would be up to Wasps to ban people from entering their stadium, not TF who doesn't get on with the Wasps ownership. He has no legal right to ban anyone..

Warwickhunt

If Fisher truly wanted to build bridges with supporters he would be talking to the police and asking them not to pursue matters because he understands the fans frustrations etc. He could say he is asking police to be lenient in this instance but if it happens again it would be out of his hands. But no he is acting like its his decision to prosecute and he is a vindictive billy big bollox. Its not his decision but he could influence how vigorously the police act on the issue.
Just wondering if he his blustering so as to avoid a fine from the FA

Users who are viewing this thread