Next up on Tuesday;

Bristol City v Leshtur
Forest v Doncaster
City v Palace
Peterborough v Millwall
Reading v Portsmouth

Chance for us if we win?

Otis

I take it we would accept a Forest win if Pompey and Bristol lost as well?

Paxman II

The one thing about all this is that it is keeping every game 'alive.' We could be mid-table and interest almost zero like previous seasons.

torchomatic

While other teams lose then really we're still in the game. The way things are going we're not going to get a point away so we need wins at home.

Otis

I really cannot see us winning away. We could maybe get the odd draw on our travels (Bristol and Watford).

Grendel

While other teams lose then really we're still in the game. The way things are going we're not going to get a point away so we need wins at home.

We must be the only club preying Pompey stay in business.

wingy

Palace is the game i fear most,no pushover,yeah the six pointers will be frantic ,but they're going to be confident and relaxed with their league position

oakey

The game I fear most is the one where we have to win or draw to be safe.
Let's hope it's not an away game.

Otis

Palace is the game i fear most,no pushover,yeah the six pointers will be frantic ,but they're going to be confident and relaxed with their league position

I predicted a draw against Palace.

Would have to say I would be happy with that.

Otis

You think?

I was thinking either a draw or a Forest win.

Mind I have this belief that Forest will pull clear. That's 3 unbeaten now and they are the one form team down there.

Colonel Mustard

Fixtures are almost irrelevant.

The table looks much better for us than it should only because Portsmouth had 10 points deducted and Forest went on a freak run of poor form. Forest averaged 1.17 ppg in the first half of the season, then averaged 0.38 ppg over the next 13. Then they played us and seem to be back on the rise.

I'm with Otis in assuming that Forest will now pull away. Millwall have a six-point lead on us and know how to get points away from home, so I'd bank on them being safe, getting results if needs be.

It comes down to having to best both Bristol City and Portsmouth. Considering that our strategy is currently based on winning most home games and getting nothing away from home, I think the writing's on the wall. Even the most hardened optimist ought to be able to see that such a strategy can only decline in effectiveness.

wingy

Think i heard this evening they've only taken one point from a possible twenty one ,cue the Sky blues ,we really have to get this one ,Save our City could well promote this one ,get plenty down there.

Otis

It's not that far either.

They are really on the slide. Long may it continue.

Big Cyrille

We have to get points at bristol and watford away and possibly Burnley. I can't see us getting anything from Cardiff and hull away. We have to hope that Southampton are promoted the last game of the season if we still have a chance of staying up

Otis

Watford and Bristol do seem to be the key games.

Simply cannot expect us to keep winning all our home games. That's just not going to keep happening.

I have us down to draw against Palace and lose to Brum.

I hope I'm wrong.

Otis

So, in summary, next two sets of fixtures are;

Tuesday;

Bristol City v Leshtur
Forest v Doncaster
City v Palace
Peterborough v Millwall
Reading v Portsmouth

Saturday;

City v Brum
Brighton v Portsmouth
Forest v Millwall
Peterborough v Blackpool
West Ham v Doncaster
Bristol v Cardiff.

We do of course have two tough games ourselves, but ever there was a chance to maybe move up the table and out of the bottom 3 this has to be it hasn't it?

edgy

Looks like two homers for Forest there. They could be clear this time next week.

Otis

I said that after they beat us, Edgy. We kickstarted their season and they are now 3 games unbeaten. They are now the one form side down there.

In some ways though it will be good if they beat both Millwall and Donny. I think they will be well clear anyway come the end of the season.

Millwall and Bristol (especially) are where we should target.

Users who are viewing this thread