Fixtures out soon (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Who are we all hoping for on the opening day? I saw on here we may have to play the first few games of the season away from home because the new pitch may not be ready in time, is there any substance to that?

Anyway I'm hoping for either Burton away or Sheffield United at home. Anyone but Crewe though!

Hobo

Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal or Chelsea. If not I will take any fixture involving Coventry City.

skybluelee

There are no big games in league one so other than exiles choosing an away match close to where they live I'm not entirely sure why I any one else would care.

CJ_covblaze

True but a trip to Burton/Blackpool is more appealing than Scunthorpe.

Have you been to that dive recently? I'm not so sure if Blackpool is more appealing than anywhere tbh. I'm agree with SBL. There are 23 shit teams in League One. I'm not bothered which order we play them.

Terry Gibson's perm

Now that the franchise side have been promoted where will the big day out be now?

Astute

All I want is a nice sunny day and pubs that serve decent beer. An away terrace without seats would be good. Police that don't use heavy handed tactics. Stewards that don't try to stop you having fun. An away end big enough to take as many of us that want to go. But most of all a win first game of the season.

That narrows it down a fair bit.

LB87ccfc

All I want is a nice sunny day and pubs that serve decent beer. An away terrace without seats would be good. Police that don't use heavy handed tactics. Stewards that don't try to stop you having fun. An away end big enough to take as many of us that want to go. But most of all a win first game of the season.

That narrows it down a fair bit.

To nowhere in League one then.

ccfc92

Have you been to that dive recently? I'm not so sure if Blackpool is more appealing than anywhere tbh. I'm agree with SBL. There are 23 shit teams in League One. I'm not bothered which order we play them.

Who's the decent one? :)

Johnnythespider

Anywhere away, if I'm buying a season ticket I don't want to miss the first game while I'm on hols.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Can't believe people want a home game..

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Burton but not sure on the size of their ground

It's smallish. Away stand is a similar size to Chester and Cheltenham. Found a really nice pub right next to the station but we got the feeling the place as a whole wasn't really geared up for a big invasion of people from the likes of us and Sheffield.

Terry Gibson's perm

It's smallish. Away stand is a similar size to Chester and Cheltenham. Found a really nice pub right next to the station but we got the feeling the place as a whole wasn't really geared up for a big invasion of people from the likes of us and Sheffield.

Never thought i would would ever be worrying about a league game at Burton.

Users who are viewing this thread