Fixtures (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Least interested ever, not being deliberately dramatic but doubt I will watch them this year if they are not back in the ricoh. Did about 10 away games last year, son did a few more and he said that he can't be bothered this season.

Mk dons away 23rd august, let's take 10000 there. Fleetwood away on a Tuesday night means no Blackpool weekend

Let's not take anyone there - don't encourage the franchisers.

I've never been and never will. Solidarity with Wimbledon should have meaning now more than it ever did.

And please don't say things have moved on - Fisher has used this phrase many times and is shown to be, let's be kind, economical with the truth.

Block19

I think all the fixtures will be tough with the squad we will have left and no investment in the team and playing every fixture away again. I do fear the worse this season. Mind you last season I thought the same and it worked not to bad.

AFCCOVENTRY

For the first time ever I have no interest in the fixtures.

My love affair with football is down the pan and until CCFC is back home I remain disillusioned with city.

italiahorse

What and why was he pissed off italia? I didn't hear it.

Getting players is difficult.
The Ricoh is a draw for new players.
Playing in front of 10,000 is a draw for new players.
Sixfields ... Not making excuses but it is what it is.
Murphy going.

Please don't force me to type any more ....... sob

italiahorse

My love affair with football is down the pan and until CCFC is back home I remain disillusioned with city.

Have not even looked at the last few fixtures to see the relegation run in .......

Kingokings204

Like 95% off us AFC. I can tell you are genuine fan. I remember the years before the transfer embargoes and ground move where I was checking the paper every day. New players and the fixture list for the new season. I was always so excited.

This year I still care I always will but the enjoyment and new season syndrome is non existent. Such a shame

ccfcway

That's a pretty tough start for the first 5 games.

I read that half expecting to look at the fixtures and think "this is league one, ffs, we shouldn't fear anyone!"

Then saw

Bradford (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Barnsley (H)
MK Dons (A)
Swindon (A)

and thought, crikey, we might not have a point after 5 games

Houdi

Getting players is difficult.
The Ricoh is a draw for new players.
Playing in front of 10,000 is a draw for new players.
Sixfields ... Not making excuses but it is what it is.
Murphy going.

Please don't force me to type any more ....... sob

Interesting that he made it crystal clear that playing at the Ricoh was a big advantage in attracting new players,and conversely playing in Northampton in front of very small crowds made it very difficult to entice players to the club. He seemed very keen to drive home that point, and puts to bed the argument that players are largely indifferent to where they play.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I read that half expecting to look at the fixtures and think "this is league one, ffs, we shouldn't fear anyone!"

Then saw

Bradford (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Barnsley (H)
MK Dons (A)
Swindon (A)

and thought, crikey, we might not have a point after 5 games

Not to worry were used to getting away with a points deficit at the start of the season. All we need now is a transfer embargo for not paying moneys owed through the administration or another liquidation/admin scenario if they loose the JR to give Pressley a real fighting chance. The sorry fact for most City fans is we are all disinterested and will continue to be so until we have stability off the pitch as the football side of it is just a sideshow now. The fact Presser worked miracles with what he had last year shows that given the right backing by an owner with a small budget he could go a long way.

Kingokings204

Interesting that he made it crystal clear that playing at the Ricoh was a big advantage in attracting new players,and conversely playing in Northampton in front of very small crowds made it very difficult to entice players to the club. He seemed very keen to drive home that point, and puts to bed the argument that players are largely indifferent to where they play.

Didn't waggott say the other day the same? The Ricoh obviously is a pulling power. If it was used correctly then we could get better players for less money.

dongonzalos

To be fair anyone with the tiniest bit of common sense knew that.

Yet still some tried to argue against it, when it was considered a bit of an own goal. Moving to Northampton whilst preaching that promotion was the aim

rupert_bear

Will go to MK. Dons with 10000 others and that will be it. Would have done Fleetwood away but not on a Tuesday night.

letsallsingtogether

As mentioned by the few on here more then once.
How can a concrete white Elephant in Coventry be a draw. Players never liked the cold atmosphere that was always empty and away fans even made up 25% of the crowd.

Brighton Sky Blue

Rochdale, Crewe, Peterborough, Sheff Utd for definite, possibly Scunthorpe and Doncaster. Hopefully a cup tie at Carlisle...

Monners

Not been to Leyton Orient yet - at least its on a Saturday this year (unles it gets move for tv of course! ;))

italiahorse

How can a concrete white Elephant in Coventry be a draw. Players never liked the cold atmosphere that was always empty and away fans even made up 25% of the crowd.

Stay in Northampton then and carry on singing Sisu praises !!

Kingokings204

Stay in Northampton then and carry on singing Sisu praises !!

Couldn't agree more. A cold atmosphere in Coventry in front of 12k fans or 2k fans 35 miles away in a strange town with a similarly cold atmosphere. hmmmmm

Houdi

Perhaps you should direct that question to the manager, you know the guy that has actually had to talk to potential new recruits. Suffice to say Pressley could not have been clearer, the Ricoh was not only a draw it was a huge attraction in trying to get players here, and that Sixfields is not only a disadvantage,but is a massive disadvantage in trying to attract new players. You and others have offered speculation on this before, he is providing clear evidence to the contrary.

Neutral Fan

Mk dons away 23rd august, let's take 10000 there. Fleetwood away on a Tuesday night means no Blackpool weekend

I would respectively suggest you take zero supporters there. You have been temporarily (hopefully) franchised to another town.

MK Dons are a more permanent franchise at the expense of a famous old club that worked their ways from non-league to FA Cup winners.

If Cardoza hadn't accepted the 150k per year rent, Winkie would have surely snapped Coventry up to his Stadium - he tried to franchise Northampton Saints a few years back.

Why, of all supporters, would CCFC fans travel in their droves to fund the pockets of Mr franchise himself given your own clubs situation? It makes absolutely no sense at all and sends out completely the wrong message.

I suggest you boycott the Franchise FC match and make it clear why you are doing that.

skybluelee

Let's not take anyone there - don't encourage the franchisers.

I've never been and never will. Solidarity with Wimbledon should have meaning now more than it ever did.

And please don't say things have moved on - Fisher has used this phrase many times and is shown to be, let's be kind, economical with the truth.

Solidarity with the Wimbledon who took 3k fans to MK themselves? That Wimbledon?

I would respectively suggest you take zero supporters there. You have been temporarily (hopefully) franchised to another town.

MK Dons are a more permanent franchise at the expense of a famous old club that worked their ways from non-league to FA Cup winners.

If Cardoza hadn't accepted the 150k per year rent, Winkie would have surely snapped Coventry up to his Stadium - he tried to franchise Northampton Saints a few years back.

Why, of all supporters, would CCFC fans travel in their droves to fund the pockets of Mr franchise himself given your own clubs situation? It makes absolutely no sense at all and sends out completely the wrong message.

I suggest you boycott the Franchise FC match and make it clear why you are doing that.

Err .............................. I think I said something similar earlier at post 7 - and I'm anything but neutral! :cool:

Evans1883

for me its a very tough start , when you look at the opening fixtures and they fill you with dread , then surely a tough season is predicted

stupot07

Third season running we have been drawn away (yes, Northampton is away) both for the first and last games of the season. Which is a bit shit, especially if by a miracle we get back to the Ricoh.

2012/13
Yeovil a
Notts county a

2013/14
Crawley a
Sheff Utd a

2014/15
Bradford a
Crawley a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator

That won't happen if there is a band wagon to be on, people don't seem to realise that :(

The most anti Franchise fans will happily go there and give a franchise their money and not see how it is ironic but apparently it is ok because Wimbledon took some fans there once.

The Gentleman

That won't happen if there is a band wagon to be on, people don't seem to realise that :(

The most anti Franchise fans will happily go there and give a franchise their money and not see how it is ironic but apparently it is ok because Wimbledon took some fans there once.

Or alternatively go there to support their club on what is seen as a good away day because we can take thousands. Just see it as fans following their club just as I see it as fans watching their team at Sixfields, but if you want to stoke those fires again then carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread