Fixtures (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Or alternatively go there to support their club on what is seen as a good away day because we can take thousands. Just see it as fans following their club just as I see it as fans watching their team at Sixfields, but if you want to stoke those fires again then carry on.

I personally have no issue if people want to go to MK Dons, fair play to them.

Just funny how they go on about SISU moving us and don't deserve money but go to MK dons. I guess it is the same as "I won't give SISU any money, ever. Oh, Emirates? Arsenal? I am there"

It is the people* who have self proclaimed morals and principles that seem to sometimes forget about them and then have them on again :)

*This is not every fan by any means, just as a note to confirm that.

As mentioned by the few on here more then once.
How can a concrete white Elephant in Coventry be a draw. Players never liked the cold atmosphere that was always empty and away fans even made up 25% of the crowd.

I am struggling to work out if this statement is intended as ironic or just plain blind stupidity. Can you advise please Latsall..

Covstu

As mentioned by the few on here more then once.
How can a concrete white Elephant in Coventry be a draw. Players never liked the cold atmosphere that was always empty and away fans even made up 25% of the crowd.

So Mr Striker with high potential, you can play at a 35,000 stadium with modern facilities or a shack in Northampton that we are borrowing...... what do you think is the biggest pull??

Covstu

Not getting into the MK Dons debate again! Sadly i normally diarise this date and look forward to the fixtures coming out but there isnt one fixture on there that excites me at all! Sad really...

I personally have no issue if people want to go to MK Dons, fair play to them.

Just funny how they go on about SISU moving us and don't deserve money but go to MK dons. I guess it is the same as "I won't give SISU any money, ever. Oh, Emirates? Arsenal? I am there"

It is the people* who have self proclaimed morals and principles that seem to sometimes forget about them and then have them on again :)

*This is not every fan by any means, just as a note to confirm that.

I have no problem at all with 'Franchise football' as long as the franchise is restricted to the town or City and is not allowed to relocate. What happened to Wimbledon was an absolute disgrace and must never be allowed to happen again. That is why the majority reject everything that is SISU.

I suppose MK dons is now well established and we have to accept that they exist and that their fans have a right to support them, and away fans should feel its ok to watch their team play there.

I think that you use the MK issue as a flag of convenience to try and support the wholly unsupportable actions of SISU. The fact is that the MK dons and Wimbledon issue is now totally irreversible, so demonstrating against it does not make a lot of sense. The CCFC issue is in play and can be influenced, that is why I will stay away from Sixfields and attend away games only. Its nothing to do with morals or principles as you suggest, but it is the only weapon we have at our disposal to demonstrate how we feel.

The rights and wrongs of the RICOH situation will eventually be resolved one way or the other. But we should never be seen to condone SISU's and the FL actions otherwise CCFC will just be the second club to suffer the indignity of malicious owners robbing a local community of its team and heritage

RFC

That won't happen if there is a band wagon to be on, people don't seem to realise that :(

The most anti Franchise fans will happily go there and give a franchise their money and not see how it is ironic but apparently it is ok because Wimbledon took some fans there once.

What saddens me most of all Nick is the total negativity that surrounds my Club but in particular so many of the 'posters" on this site.

As I've said previously I will continue to support the manager & the team where ever they play ( although like the majority would prefer that to be in Coventry ).

I'm looking forward to a good successful season PUSB!

The Gentleman

What saddens me most of all Nick is the total negativity that surrounds my Club but in particular so many of the 'posters" on this site.

As I've said previously I will continue to support the manager & the team where ever they play ( although like the majority would prefer that to be in Coventry ).

Can you tell me where you do your shopping as I really could do with what you are on!

Sky Blue Pete

I can't believe people are carrying on as normal rfc. The situation is anything but normal. The bastards are about to start another season outside of the city that bears it's name and I'm gonna miss it

kmj5000

Interesting that he made it crystal clear that playing at the Ricoh was a big advantage in attracting new players,and conversely playing in Northampton in front of very small crowds made it very difficult to entice players to the club. He seemed very keen to drive home that point, and puts to bed the argument that players are largely indifferent to where they play.

He's just managing the fans' expectations when it comes to the new signings!

Are you really so clueless as to not understand why there is such negativity? Its not just the posters on this site, we are just a small minority, and you still continue to condone this nonsense.

BucksIsOurs.

I can't believe I still see people saying they will boycott v MK Dons.

You would look ridiculous. You have brought 12,000 fans to MK in 2 seasons while AFC sold out their allocation and will bring 1,000ish again this time round.

We're also the most visited ground in League One.

Great boycotts....carry on ;)

Last edited:

shmmeee

I can't believe I still see people saying they will boycott v MK Dons.

You would look ridiculous. You have brought 12,000 fans to MK in 2 seasons while AFC sold out their allocation and will bring 1,000ish again this time round.

We're also the most visited ground in League One.

Great boycotts....carry on ;)

I wouldn't take it too seriously. We have a few who like to dig at our own fans any chance they get.

If no one went they'd be on about the awful away support compared to other teams.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm still waiting for my local team's fixture list to come out - Newport (IoW) FC. Great season last time out!

Houdi

I wouldn't take it too seriously. We have a few who like to dig at our own fans any chance they get.

If no one went they'd be on about the awful away support compared to other teams.

Yes this NOPM has to be 100% in its purity,has always been a nonsense argument. I would imagine 99.9% of vegetarians have worn leather shoes sometime in their existence. The leader of the Green Party in the UK is I believe from down under, and I'm guessing she didn't walk here.:)

torchomatic

<spits out tea>

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Fans will say this and that, some will say they've had enough etc,and many will go to Sixfields just like they did last season.
On my round today a customer said the fixture list is out,and my reply was :When do we play away at MKDons ?
I'll never go to Northampton but will go to some away games,that's my mind set these days,and until we get back to the Ricoh it won't change.

Greggs

Fans will say this and that, some will say they've had enough etc,and many will go to Sixfields just like they did last season.On my round today a customer said the fixture list is out,and my reply was :When do we play away at MKDons ?I'll never go to Northampton but will go to some away games,that's my mind set these days,and until we get back to the Ricoh it won't change.
What sort of round? Paper-round....milk-round?

shmmeee

Yes this NOPM has to be 100% in its purity,has always been a nonsense argument. I would imagine 99.9% of vegetarians have worn leather shoes sometime in their existence. The leader of the Green Party in the UK is I believe from down under, and I'm guessing she didn't walk here.:)

That's vegans. On that note, saw an image of a vegan who had "vegan" tattooed on her inner lip. In black ink. Black ink made of burned animal bones.

And don't start me on Al "I'll stop climate change by touring the world in a jet" Gore.

It's this logical fallacy: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/composition-division of course to use that to denigrate the entire argument. Same as Katie Hopkins on about Occupy protestors using Macs.

@Torch ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread