FL to make announcemant later today (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Mar 27, 2011
I know what you mean but the way the Portsmouth situation has been handled it makes me wonder if they are the "golden boys" in the leagues mind

I think more than anything the FL want everyone who starts a season to finish it.

In Pompey's case, the FL probably feel a little embarrassed that their 'Fit and Proper' persons test let various lunatics run the club, so are keen to get their Trust as owners.

ccfc92

Jul 7, 2012
We can have 20 points deducted, and be 2 points above relegation.

davebart

Mar 4, 2011
Bath
the FL will not be happy if we cannot fulfil our fixtures

presumably it was Luton who were made an example of - not sure what good that did - clubs are still doing it

Wm65

Mar 23, 2013
We can have 20 points deducted, and be 2 points above relegation.

Whatever punishment the league will want to have the maximum effect- cant see 20 points now as it would prove little , they will probably take 10 now and 20 next season I'n my opinion to make sure there is virtually no chance of promotion.

ccfc92

Jul 7, 2012
Whatever punishment the league will want to have the maximum effect- cant see 20 points now as it would prove little , they will probably take 10 now and 20 next season I'n my opinion to make sure there is virtually no chance of promotion.

Yeahh probably, and then let their pompey rentboys get off Scott free

Waldorf

Jun 28, 2011
The problem is, the situation here is pretty unique. A club that is split in two and one part going into admin (like Southampton, but the other way round.) Confusion about which part holds the golden share (though expect the FL & FA to say they're with CCFCLtd as far as they're concerned) etc etc.
If there's no precedent as they see it, they could make up any punishment. Certainly 10 points this season, but it's anybody's guess what they'll put on top or when. And then there's the possibility of automatic relegation.

This is going to get very messy. Whatever the decision this afternoon, expect SISU to challenge it -through the courts if necessary.

mattylad

Mar 24, 2011
There is no way the FL is in a position to make a judgement call today so it will at best be -10 this seasson and a potential further points penalty once the administration/court reports are in. Personal feeling is that they are discussing whether to carry the -10 over to the summer and depending on what happens we will either have it applied at that point or further penalty added to it.

Last edited:

IanfromDoncaster

Mar 27, 2013
I may be wrong but I think the carry over of administration points deduction is something like this.

If you are in a relegation place anyway, after a cut off date (today/tomorrow?) and would go down regardless, the -10 applies next season. I think this came in when Ken Bates put Leeds in admin during an actual game where they were being relegated anyway in an attempt to make the -10 points meaningless.

If you are above the relegation zone then the points deduction can apply this year. Further deductions come from further irregularities or procedural issues associated with exiting administration.

As I said, I may be wrong.

rupert_bear

Nov 14, 2012
The Football League punish for breaking rules, as silly as it sounds there may not be a rule covering this, if there isn't it may well be we don't lose anymore points than the 10

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
The Football League punish for breaking rules, as silly as it sounds there may not be a rule covering this, if there isn't it may well be we don't lose anymore points than the 10

Lets hope they had a good lunch or we are finished. Seems a bit hit and miss.

Ccfcsj

Apr 1, 2011
Well it's nearly half past two. I wonder how much longer the agony of waiting for their announcement will last.

dadgad

Jul 1, 2011
Supporters of the club being punished because of the idiots who run it. :mad:

Wouldn't be the first time, HOWEVER, I think in this case (still to be proven, of course) IF it is because of more sisu ineptitude they will have lost any semblance of credibility.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
Wouldn't be the first time, HOWEVER, I think in this case (still to be proven, of course) IF it is because of more sisu ineptitude they will have lost any semblance of credibility.

This whole situation began with their rent boycott and has ended with them getting us a juicy points deduction and humiliation in the press. If they're not gone when next season kicks off it's a hopeless cause.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
FL rules allow for an appeal against the punishment within 2 weeks of it being announced.

Ashdown1

Dec 5, 2012
So what was the agreement..................Give us £300,000 a match for the last 3 games and you can play and we'll call it quits ??????

Sub

Aug 10, 2011
Warwick
so is there still no news on how many points we will lose or will they wait till after the doncaster game to work how many points it will take to relegate us ?:whistle::whistle:

Last edited:

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
I know, so annoying. If ACL had put us into Admin - as they wished to do - then they would have given us ten points. Another insult from SISU.

This whole situation began with their rent boycott and has ended with them getting us a juicy points deduction and humiliation in the press. If they're not gone when next season kicks off it's a hopeless cause.

Baginton

Apr 15, 2012
I know, so annoying. If ACL had put us into Admin - as they wished to do - then they would have given us ten points. Another insult from SISU.

how do you know theyd have given us 10 points if ACL were the ones who had their way?
both groups wanted the same thing, just differant administrators, so surely it will be the same pnishment!

Samo

Jul 6, 2012
how do you know theyd have given us 10 points if ACL were the ones who had their way?
both groups wanted the same thing, just differant administrators, so surely it will be the same pnishment!

He was being sarcastic mate, he's like that

Users who are viewing this thread