Fleck (1 Viewer)

Didge76

Really missed him tonight, Barton is soooo poor. If it weren't for smurf we would of been out of the game

Didge76

Agreed shimee we have not been the best but hey a wins a win. Gouldy bless his soul is biggin us up big style. Fair play. PUSB

olderskyblue

Thomas gave the ball away more, as did j Clarke, yet you pick Barton out. Strange.

junglej13

Barton is good on the ball, but not high intensity enough for our style.
Said exactly the same. He has no aggression in his game. If he did have he'd be a multi million pound player. Unfortunately without it he is pretty average and I don't think will ever fulfil his potential.

stupot07

Him, Adams or Leon for me (not that Clarke had a bad game, just he couldn't get into it).

Yeah, Wilson was pretty poor too. Feel sorry for Adams as moussa left him totally exposed defensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mark82

That's the FA cup for you. It's why we all love it.

We're in to the second round. That's all that matters.

covcity4life

yeh adams,moussa & clarke and wilson were all worse than barton today

its a shame there always has to be a boo boys target with this club.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Barton's a player who can play well in a side that is playing well, when the team is playing with confidence he can show some wonderful touches and great skill. However he isn't a player I would back when things are going badly and we aren't playing well.

His attempt at heading a football last season is still one of my top funny moments in football.

georgehudson

i trust SP to assemble a team / squad to challenge or achieve,
this however is pertinent to our owners aims,
let us all therefore accept that whoever the owners are,
'put up or shut up'
PUSB

theferret

yeh adams,moussa & clarke and wilson were all worse than barton today

its a shame there always has to be a boo boys target with this club.

Nobody booed him. Let's not get hysterical. People are simply making the point (post-match) that for all his ability, he is too lightweight and is physically not able to press the ball high up the pitch which is key to how we play.

Wilson was hardly going to get stick for his only bad game in months. Barton flatters to deceive every time he plays, be he did OK second half.

covcity4life

sorry, i went too far wit boo boy comment agreed

i jsut mean it was below par performance alla round bar murphy and baker

no need to single anyone out too bad.

Stafford_SkBlue

We should not judge Barton on one game, it is difficult taking over in a successful side especially replacing an influential player as Fleck.
I think Barton is a neat player with many attributes, but does require more games under his belt.
Presently he's just a squad player and is not a first choice for the starting 11, so he fills that role when injuries / suspensions requires.
What more can we ask for.

stupot07

We should not judge Barton on one game, it is difficult taking over in a successful side especially replacing an influential player as Fleck.
I think Barton is a neat player with many attributes, but does require more games under his belt.
Presently he's just a squad player and is not a first choice for the starting 11, so he fills that role when injuries / suspensions requires.
What more can we ask for.

A performance that says "I don't want to be just a squad player" and gives the manager difficult decisions when the player returns from injury/suspensions would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

WillieStanley

Agreed shimee we have not been the best but hey a wins a win. Gouldy bless his soul is biggin us up big style. Fair play. PUSB

The Gould highlight this evening was when he was comparing us to other teams and couldn't remember whether he was talking about Barca or Brazil!!

covboy9

I think moussa should play in the middle when fleck or Thomas are out, Christie or Wilson could play wide, Phillips at full back. Christie needs to shift a bit of weight!

stupot07

I think moussa should play in the middle when fleck or Thomas are out, Christie or Wilson could play wide, Phillips at full back. Christie needs to shift a bit of weight!

Disagree, why would you effectively make 3 changes to the team, when only 1 is required. You would also be playing 2-3 players out of position to do this.

87mint

Barton is in a lose lose situation. He doesn't start many games and when he does it means one or other of our best and most liked players (fleck/Thomas) are out of the side so the fans are already a bit circumspect.

It is obvious that he is nervous and - as anyone would - to combat this he tries to play safe quite often. (And he is by no means alone in being guilty of that in our side). I heard some guy last night repeatedly laying into him for this and then when he tried something riskier and it didn't come off he got even more abuse.

I really don't see the point in destroying one of our own player's confidence when we will definitely need him as back up during the course of this season. Can't we use our unbelievable form as an excuse to cut Barton some slack!?!

Pusb

kg82

Are you joking about the weight?

covboy9

Disagree, why would you effectively make 3 changes to the team, when only 1 is required. You would also be playing 2-3 players out of position to do this.

moussa naturally a centre mid, Christie ive akways thought would be a better winger, no ones really out of position. its a shame but barton gets swallowed up in games

ajsccfc

Christie and Wilson in particular are excelling where they are, that's very much taking people out of position surely.

stupot07

moussa naturally a centre mid, Christie ive akways thought would be a better winger, no ones really out of position. its a shame but barton gets swallowed up in games

I wouldn't say moussa is a natural centre mid especially in a 2 in a 442, and christie would be out of position - he's a right back not a winger, so you would be playing players out of position.

ExmouthNeil

Anyway everyone..........

We didn't play well(fair play to Wimbledon) few of our lads didn't get into the game as much as they normally do BUT in years gone by we'd have lost that match so it just show's how far we've come to get a result when we've not played well...

See you all in the next round...:wave:

fernandopartridge

Wimbledon played well, they upset our rhythm. Once we got going in the second half we were comfortable. Barton improved as the game went on.

Users who are viewing this thread