Fleetwood Match Highlights (1 Viewer)

stupot07

That is an awful miss, good save by RCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

That save by RCC down low in 2nd half he dived before the guy hit it I think he doesn't do that its in under him, superb save that will prob go missed.

Kingokings204

That save by RCC down low in 2nd half he dived before the guy hit it I think he doesn't do that its in under him, superb save that will prob go missed.

Brilliant save yes. Not just a routine save that.

Also was fortune offside for that halting miss in real time?

stupot07

You can see he didn't know he was offside when he took the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

PVA

I like RCC but that was a fairly routine save and if it was Burge everyone would be saying it was simple and routine.

As I said, I like RCC, but I don't think he and Burge are compared on a level playing field by most on here.

eastwoodsdustman

RCC looks like he is technically more proficient in my opinion. His hands are always in the correct position to catch the ball hence his handling is very good. Positionally he looks good and seems to have a better reading of the game than Burge at the moment which helps with his anticipation and taking through balls.
I'd give RCC another 3 or 4 games then give him a rest for a couple of weeks.

ccfc92

I like RCC but that was a fairly routine save and if it was Burge everyone would be saying it was simple and routine.

As I said, I like RCC, but I don't think he and Burge are compared on a level playing field by most on here.

There was a crowd in front of him, and he guessed the striker was going to put it there, before he had even hit it.

If that was De Gea, all Man U "fans" would need fresh underpants....

ccfc92

I like RCC, he springs out of nowhere to catch the ball in a crowd.

I also think Burge isn't as bad as people make out. Millwall earned him a few points from me.

It's nice to know they will be competing with each other for No1 spot.

Mr pot

Rcc read that really well. His quick distribution alone makes him a no 1 over burger imo

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Out of interest how are they not 'compared on a level playing field'? They are both in the same team (more or less) in the same competition.

RCC has looked far more comfortable, confident, trusting in between the sticks in the few games he has played. Burge, whilst being on the winning sides for some of the games has got away with some errors because of the 3 points we have comes away with.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Out of interest how are they not 'compared on a level playing field'? They are both in the same team (more or less) in the same competition.

RCC has looked far more comfortable, confident, trusting in between the sticks in the few games he has played. Burge, whilst being on the winning sides for some of the games has got away with some errors because of the 3 points we have comes away with.
He means people are prejudiced in their opinions against Burge, obviously they are playing on a level field. But he's saying that people are harsher in there criticism of Burge than they would be towards to RCC for a similar scenario.

I think he has a point to degree, but its not without reason that people are more criticial to Burge.

Astute

If that was Burge and it went in we would be hearing that he didn't have a chance of saving it. It was a well hit and well placed shot.

RCC is everything that Burge is plus more. Confident, good distribution and handles the ball well. Today we had the better of the two keepers on the pitch. How often could we say that about Burge.

I know it is early days still but RCC looks to have a good future ahead of him.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

From what I've seen from
Burge he would have been flat footed & the ball would have been under him and in before he could drop on it. Burge seems to do thing s instinctively instead of almost being 1 step ahead and pre empting what was going to happen as such.

(I'm sure you completely disagree with me on the above but it's nice to have a keeper that seems to be very confident & reading the game long may it continue.)

Astute

He means people are prejudiced in their opinions against Burge, obviously they are playing on a level field. But he's saying that people are harsher in there criticism of Burge than they would be towards to RCC for a similar scenario.

I think he has a point to degree, but its not without reason that people are more criticial to Burge.

If RCC kept making the same mistakes as Burge he would get exactly the same comments from me. Both players play for CCFC. Both play as GK. Why would anyone pick on one and not the other? And it wasn't having a go at Burge. It was stating the obvious. Just like it is stating the obvious on how much better RCC seems to have progressed to Burge.

Sick Boy

Why are you so protective of Burge?

The Lurker

RCC is a class act and will make it above league 1. Same can't be said about burge. You can see the defence are more confident with RCC. Thats good enough for me

oakey

Too early to judge either IMO. RCC has done very well so far but we have played 3 weak teams with him in goal TBF. I am happy for them to compete for the spot and let TM judge who is in the best shape. All good.

Users who are viewing this thread