Football League need to justify there decision. (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

They say reluctantly but they need to justify there decision.

They need to publish the facts they have so ACL can dispute it.

Are they just accepting SISU's story.

They need to give a statement to Coventry Fans who will not see their team play in Coventry for 3 to 5 years when there is a perfectly good stadium at the Ricoh.

What are SISU paying Northampton ? Does it compare to free this season in administration at the Ricoh.

Just seems a spiteful decision by SISU but we need to see the facts as presented.

Have the FL seen any plans for the stadium. There is a possibility it wont happen. Surely they need to see some facts.

This situation stinks and they need to answer.......

Womble

They say reluctantly but they need to justify there decision.

They need to publish the facts they have so ACL can dispute it.

Are they just accepting SISU's story.

They need to give a statement to Coventry Fans who will not see their team play in Coventry for 3 to 5 years when there is a perfectly good stadium at the Ricoh.

What are SISU paying Northampton ? Does it compare to free this season in administration at the Ricoh.

Just seems a spiteful decision by SISU but we need to see the facts as presented.

Have the FL seen any plans for the stadium. There is a possibility it wont happen. Surely they need to see some facts.

This situation stinks and they need to answer.......

Why should the football league care what fans think? The fa / fl allowed wimbledon to be franchised off to get winkelman a free stadium. On what basis? Oh.. His enthusiasm.....

Cov fans, ignore these charlatans and go get your club back.

SunZoomSpark

it is as if they think the fans will say ...'oh well, the football league did all they could...i mean...they were reluctant...what a top bunch of chaps they are....'...

wankers

chiefdave

Continued ........

Football league rules evidently restrict the distance fans travel to a alternative ground.

There rules also say that the higher team takes priority.

Both these have been disregarded.

What is the point of this body.

pretty sure there is also a rule that says they will only consider a club moving if they have no ground available in their home area, we have the Ricoh sat there ready and waiting!

The Penguin

Their rules about moving clubs also state that there must be no negative impact on supporters or sponsors.

Looks like they didn't bother with that either.

Any thoughts I had about the Football League being an utterly pointless body have all been confirmed.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
The FL f ked up by letting SISU register new signing’s with CCFC (Holdings) rather than the ‘golden share’ owning CCFC Ltd, so have bent over to appease SISU (and avoid it all coming out in court) despite it breaching a load of their regulations and charter. :jerkit:

Joy Division

Can somebody point me in the direction of the FL ground share rules please.

Sub

is there anyway the trust or ACL/council can make a legal challenge to the FL on these rules above seen as they have clearly broken their own rules !!!:thinking about::thinking about:

H

Huckerby

Hey guys. I think people may be getting confused

13.4 Ground sharing will only be approved at the discretion of the Board. The Board will not generally approve any ground-sharing arrangement where the club plays its matches outside the conurbation, as defined by the Board, from which the Club takes its name or with which it is otherwise traditionally associated.

13.5 Except in cases where a Club seeks consent to enter into a ground-sharing agreement with another Club, it shall be a condition of any such consent that the ground-sharing agreement shall contain provision to ensure that:

13.5.1 the playing of any of the Club's first team matches will always take precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement; and

13.5.2 the Club shall have the ability to postpone other activities scheduled to take place on the pitch in the immediately preceding 48 hour period where in the opinion of the Club, acting reasonably, there is a risk that such activity may result in the subsequent postponement or abandonment of a match to be played under the auspices of the League.

13.6 Each Club shall register its ground with the Executive and no Club shall remove to another ground without first obtaining the written consent of the Board, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld.

13.7 In considering whether to give any such consent, the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case and shall not grant consent unless it is reasonably satisfied that such consent:

13.7.1 would be consistent with the objects of The League as set out in the Memorandum of Association;

13.7.2 would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish its ground;

13.7.3 would not adversely affect such Club's Officials, players, supporters, shareholders, sponsors and others having an interest in its activities;

13.7.4 would not have an adverse effect on visiting Clubs;

13.7.5 would not adversely affect Clubs having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location; and

13.7.6 would enhance the reputation of The League and promote the game of association football generally.

I may be wrong, but it seems to be that, of this extract from the rules, only the first few lines or so relate directly to ground sharing. And the second part relates to "moving" or "removing" to another ground - and it could be argued that it doesn't apply to our situation because its not permanent. Know what i mean?

Like i said, i may well be wrong, but that how i read it

italiahorse

SISU obviously have said that they can't reach an agreement on their terms. Does that count ?
Surely both parties need to agree that there is no agreement.

If SISU stance is we want it for nothing and all the revenue streams as well and we won't settle for anything else then surely the Football league need to know this as this is unreasonable.
Surely we need information on this from the league.

Users who are viewing this thread