Football League statement - Coventry City (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Dal

am i the only one, that can see we will be back at the ricoh soon, and that this whole putrid exercise of moving the club away will have been for nothing ?

the club will have saved "X" amount by not paying rent for a while, but lost "X" amount by fuckin off most of us and having ruined any chance of promotion for years

if sisu want the fuckin stadium, why dont they buy the fuckin stadium, support a promotion push (by holding on to top scorers for example)and then surly the value of our club will rise exponentially
giving the hedge fund fucks a decent amount of profit and putting us back where we belong.... in the premier league !!!

Could agree more!! Well said.

Not taking sides, but by the club holding out and going through this process they have saved themselves £118,808 now the only thing stopping the return is ACL

What about the JR appeal? We will have to wait untill next thursday and see if SISU pay the money owed. Then we will have to wait untill Friday to see if the idiots appeal the JR. ACL are not stopping a return it is still SISU. By the way Grendel/Nick if the FL had controll of the money in that account and SISU did not, why are they telling SISU to pay by the 14/8/2014. Could you be wrong or just make things up as you go along.

hill83

We will have to wait untill next thursday and see if SISU pay the money owed.
Then we will have to wait untill Friday to see if the idiots appeal the JR.
make things up as you go along

cartoon-character-mutley-laughing.gif

You don't know this.

Sky Blue Dal

"But..."
"Why should...."
"It's the fault of...."
"It's not a necessary figure for the Club..."

It's a sack of rubbish. If we want the Club at the Ricoh long term which everyone agrees on then these revenues must be accessible.

Please explain to me what ACL can do if SISU don't want to pay the market value. Will they pay off Compass's contract??

Isn't ACL in contract with them. Am I right in saying breaking this contract will probably penalise ACL. Are SISU prepared to buy this contract out. This is out of ACL's control and it is for SISU to approach Compass and make a reasonable offer.

You know Rob from the JR they are only interested in the stadium building and not the club. The revenue BS is all smoke screen. Thought you knew this by now.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's a sack of rubbish. If we want the Club at the Ricoh long term which everyone agrees on then these revenues must be accessible.

A really easy, emotive statement. But think about what actually sits behind it. A contract with a JV.

There revenues are a benefit the football club which sold them. If our new owners want them back; why can't they just pay a sensible, clear price for the long-term benefit they'll provide?

It's getting something beneficial or tangible on the cheap/free gratis/via duplicity that's got us to where we are. Why can't ACL provide a sensible, sustainable rent, and SISI/CCFC pay a fair price for benefits that will give the club cashflow for years and years to come?

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

They haven't appealed though have they? No reason not to talk once this is paid. (unless they do of course appeal)

I think if I were involved I'd require a guarantee of no further legal action for anything that occurred in the past, signed by all the directors of Otium/SBS&L & by Arvo & Sisu..

The idea that Timmy's Chinese walls are sufficient is frankly ludicrous in the extreme.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Please explain to me what ACL can do if SISU don't want to pay the market value. Will they pay off Compass's contract??

Isn't ACL in contract with them. Am I right in saying breaking this contract will probably penalise ACL. Are SISU prepared to buy this contract out. This is out of ACL's control and it is for SISU to approach Compass and make a reasonable offer.

You know Rob from the JR they are only interested in the stadium building and not the club. The revenue BS is all smoke screen. Thought you knew this by now.

Isn't it a JV business (ACL:Compass) owned something like 70:30 in ACL's favour? So, start candid and fair negotiations with ACL in other areas, and get ACL to use their sway to get the controlling board of the JV to accept and offer from SISU?!?

sky blue john

Surely people will be calling for these revenues to be accessible to get us back to the Ricoh, or is it only ACL who can have "barriers" that need to be addressed?

Yes i'm up in arms Sisu need these revenues to pay Arvo their 1.8 million yearly interest fees !!!

Really amazes me how many people are sticking up for ACL here, they too are at fault. Too many bandwagoners, if we was making money at the Ricoh and had access to revenues like other clubs do at their stadiums none of this would of happened in the first place.

Yes if the club had not sold their share in ACL None of this would have happened and if SISU had paid for a share in ACL none of this would have happened. Read the JR report it is there in black and white, ACL did nothing wrong. SISU were to blame and now they are up shit creek, so now only a return to the RICOH is left open to them. In fact only a return will make the club worth anything, as I think the only way out for SISU is to sell the club.

Sky Blue Dal

Isn't it a JV business (ACL:Compass) owned something like 70:30 in ACL's favour? So, start candid and fair negotiations with ACL in other areas, and get ACL to use their sway to get the controlling board of the JV to accept and offer from SISU?!?

Is that right ... I thought Compass had the full 100% contract for the catering agreement with ACL. Thanks for clearing this for me.

My statement still stands, if SISU want the revenues maybe if they offer a reasonable market price to ACL or Compass for there share of the contract.

That's how business works doesn't it??

Last edited:

Sky Blue Dal

Yes if the club had not sold their share in ACL None of this would have happened and if SISU had paid for a share in ACL none of this would have happened. Read the JR report it is there in black and white, ACL did nothing wrong. SISU were to blame and now they are up shit creek, so now only a return to the RICOH is left open to them. In fact only a return will make the club worth anything, as I think the only way out for SISU is to sell the club.

SISU selling the club is the only humane way out.

Grendel

There is no barrier.
CCFC can just buy them back.

Then that's a barrier is isn't it? They will not buy them back and the club will remain with sisu for ever until we get them.

mark_ccfc

The really sad thing here is that SISU have had to hand over nearly £750,000 over the last two weeks (Court cost and now this) With what they pissed away last year in revenue, they could have paid for the share in ACL, had the inside track on getting total ownership of the arena, had the total support of the fans and in all likelihood have been playing in a higher league.

Just demonstrates what a complete bunch of fuckwits they are.

Couldn't agree more. I think they underestimated ACL/CCC's determination in this respect.

ccfcway

Really amazes me how many people are sticking up for ACL here, they too are at fault. Too many bandwagoners, if we was making money at the Ricoh and had access to revenues like other clubs do at their stadiums none of this would of happened in the first place.

they sell the rights to the revenues, stop paying the rent and then take them to court several times

I cant get my head around why ACL are behaving like this either

ccfcway

Couldn't agree more. I think they underestimated ACL/CCC's determination in this respect.

I think SISU have underestimated ACL
I think SISU have underestimated CCC
I think SISU have underestimated the fans, who they though would follow them to Sixfeilds
I think SISU have underestimated the courts

sky blue john

Then that's a barrier is isn't it? They will not buy them back and the club will remain with sisu for ever until we get them.

Why do you want Sisu to be given these revenues ?
So that they can hand over 1.8 million a year interest fees to Arvo ?
Where's the Wilson money because its not been spent on the team ?

harvey098

Surely it has been left too late for this season? Are you allowed to change stadia once the season has started?

Frisky blue

The rent was too high for a League one club that's for sure. But if SISU had acted in good faith and not set out to fuck over ACL than this shit would never have happened. And it was the total failure of SISU that got the team to L1 in the first place. So I think your assertion that ACL were 'robbing' is frankly bullshit.
Spot on CSB, very well put.Some people just don't get it do they?
Sisu and sisu only, are to blame for our club's predicament. In fact if anyone is "robbing us blind" it is sisu. The restructured loan allowed ACL to offer lower rent, so why did the sisu cretins waste all that money pursuing the JR, think about it, even a high court judge has spelled it out for all of the intellectually challenged, the aim if sisu is to distress ACL, the rent has nothing to do with where Coventry City are now.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Is that right ... I thought Compass had the full 100% contract for the catering agreement with ACL. Thanks for clearing this for me.

My statement still stands, if SISU want the revenues maybe if they offer a reasonable market price to ACL or Compass for there share of the contract.

That's how business works doesn't it??

ACL own 77% of the JV business - called IEC Experience Limited - which operates the functions, catering, events etc at the Ricoh. 23% is owned by Compass who paid £4m in 2012 for their share

letsallsingtogether

Then that's a barrier is isn't it? They will not buy them back and the club will remaining with sisu for ever until we get them.
So should they get them for free in your opinion?
imo I think they should pay for them! Sorry but after what they have done to our club and supporters I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss for free.
Easy pay your way like everyone has to or fuck off.

The hatred for our owers was brought on by themselves they now deserve all the shit they get.
Well done CCC/ACL for not giving in to these Sharks...........

BackRoomRummermill

Agree

skyblueinBaku

"The £590,000 debt is non-negotiable and its settlement and the dropping of all litigation involving ACL is a pre-condition of any deal to return the club to the Ricoh Arena".

This is the quote from ACL provided earlier by shmeee. It seems to me that negotiations can start now but not be concluded until the preconditions are fulfilled. Going by the letter of the above quote, there is no reason to delay the start of talks.

Frisky blue

Not taking sides, but by the club holding out and going through this process they have saved themselves £118,808 now the only thing stopping the return is ACL
Saved £118,808! How much have they wasted, moving us to sixfields, pursuing all the failed court cases, alienating the fan base?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If only ACL hadn't refused to speak to the club before them paying the money, they could have already agreed a deal in principle ready for signing this morning and season tickets on sale this afternoon!

If only Fisher had taken the cheque to ACL on 31/5/2014 as he promised he would do to me and others then I could have had my season ticket in my wallet together with my ticket for the Cardiff game!

Grendel

So should they get them for free in your opinion?
imo I think they should pay for them! Sorry but after what they have done to our club and supporters I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss for free.
Easy pay your way like everyone has to or fuck off.

The hatred for our owers was brought on by themselves they now deserve all the shit they get.
Well done CCC/ACL for not giving in to these Sharks...........

So if that was the stumbling block you'd back ACL at the expense of never seeing the club in coventry again.

Brilliant

Grendel

In that case, the barrier is SISU wanting something for nothing, and not ACL or Higgs Charity.

I only care about the club and couldn't give a fuck about ACL - you?

Users who are viewing this thread