Football Manager - Best Coventry players? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Norway

With William Edjenguele leaving Coventry yesterday, I found it a bit funny that he, on my newest Football Manager game, is my team's biggest star with 8 goals in 28 games, an average rating at 7.83 and 7 man of the match awards after half a season. This, in turn, led me to wonder who is the best (real) players who have played for Coventry at any Football Manager game?

For me, I had a team consisting of, among others, Igor Akinfeev, Mamadou Sakho and Sergio Agüero on Football Manager 2010 or 2011. Each of them were bought for around 40 million pounds, and I had been winning the Premier League a couple of seasons in a row. :claping hands:

Any other manager stars out there? :)

D

Deleted member 4232

Gunnarson did well for me. Cranie was also a mainstay at defence alongside phil jones. But all were just there to support Yaya Sanogo... 60 goals a year striker...

FRY-CCFC

not for cov but got gateshead to the championship with tounkara in blue square prem getting 50 goals and yassine benzia getting 50 aswell

covcity4life

just signed luis suarez on my game, i am in premier league and europa league, about 8 seasons in. he is 35.

for current players john fleck is easily the best, ive bought him with newastle in prem before and he shone.

ajsccfc

In my recent mammothly successful game I had a regen striker who I signed early and broke all goalscoring records (Cov overall, Premier League and England) but for real players, Raheem Sterling was consistently ace and part of the greatest night in the history of the universe:

lBGkAAv.png

covcity4life

how long did it take you to get promoted to prem?

for me:

1st season:lost playoff final
2nd:promoted 2nd
3rd:releghated from championship-but brought loads of talented kids and i should have stayed up really)
4th:won l1 playoffs
5th:won championship playoffs
6: 16th prem
7:9th prem
8: 6th prem - lost league cup final
9: current season - 13th, top of europa group and signed suarez :)

i love Football manager!

ajsccfc

I won L1 first season and then hovered in the Championship in the second as a Finnish billionaire took over. I then went up next season and from around 7th, inched my way into contention.

Gave up in 2029ish with this as the final tally:

nrjQQ0c.jpg

I basically can never play as Cov ever again now though.

FRY-CCFC

1st season- promoted via playoffs
2nd season- promoted via playoffs (70 goals combined from waghorn jay simpson and sanchez watt)
3rd season- finished 13th in the prem (record signing jordan mutch 10.25 million)
4th season- left and joined newcastle
5th season- sacked in december in 10th just 5 points of 5th
6th season- out of work
7th season- out of work
8th season- retired

just shows that the grass isn't always greener

Last edited:

ccfcmustang

1st season- promoted via playoffs
2nd season- promoted via playoffs (70 goals combined from waghorn jay simpson and sanchez watt)
3rd season- finished 13th in the prem (record signing jordan mutch 10.25 million)
4th season left and joined newcastle

Good move. Did SISU not give you not give you any assurances?

Buggy

FM is a sore subject right now because my '13 has gone to hell and no longer works :(

HOWEVER: in about 2018 Cov sit mid table in the prem, I bought back Kasper Schmeichel, Gunnar and Turner along with Tony Watt who storm up to the prem before getting a 34 yr old Ibrahimovic and van see Vaart on frees. A surprise star for Cov on 13 for me was Reece Brown from United; signed him on season loan then got him permanently, he's quality. It had got to the point with that save where I was starting to build a facegen team, best part of the game IMO :)

ajsccfc

What still bugs me is why he spoke to the Birmingham Post. I think I never really trusted him, even with the eleventy trillion pounds he threw at me. Didn't build me that statue either, dick.

covcity4life

i had a takeover once...they sacked me immediately.

in my current enwcastle network game i just had one too, up from 15m to 35m so not bad

Users who are viewing this thread