Forget SISU And Concentrate On What We Love (1 Viewer)

grego_gee

I really agree with this. NOPM will hurt CCFC more than it will hurt SISU.
I could be fine if it was the other way round and it hurt SISU more than CCFC but it can never do that!

from coventrycity-mad.co.uk click link

"One Man's View
I've been a Coventry City fan for 20 years. I live in Cambridge now but i do try to get to some games and always follow them online.
i think that SISU are going to do what they want to do, as "owners" of our club. they are very stubborn and no one can change that.
I feel a boycott could be very dangerous for us. for CCFC's existence. i don't care for SISU or their finances, but fans not turning up to support the team at northampton will have a very detrimental effect on team moral and subsequently the performance on the pitch. we will not only not gain any top 6 position but may go down to the 4th tier of English football. that would be the end of us, as that could lead to liquidation - we don't have the hardcore fan base, like Leeds or Norwich, to survive. the players play for the shirt and for the supporters. they need us to be there and to be very loud. both away and at "home". we fans are an emotional bunch. but at this critical moment, i feel we must think with our heads and not our hearts.
There is no rationale in us supporters cutting of our noses to spite our face. we must forget SISU and concentrate on what we love - supporting our beloved MIGHTY SKY BLUES.
PUSB"

:pimp:

Samo

I could be fine if it was the other way round and it hurt SISU more than CCFC but it can never do that!

"One Man's View
I've been a Coventry City fan for 20 years. I live in Cambridge now but i do try to get to some games and always follow them online.
i think that SISU are going to do what they want to do, as "owners" of our club. they are very stubborn and no one can change that.
I feel a boycott could be very dangerous for us. for CCFC's existence. i don't care for SISU or their finances, but fans not turning up to support the team at northampton will have a very detrimental effect on team moral and subsequently the performance on the pitch. we will not only not gain any top 6 position but may go down to the 4th tier of English football. that would be the end of us, as that could lead to liquidation - we don't have the hardcore fan base, like Leeds or Norwich, to survive. the players play for the shirt and for the supporters. they need us to be there and to be very loud. both away and at "home". we fans are an emotional bunch. but at this critical moment, i feel we must think with our heads and not our hearts.
There is no rationale in us supporters cutting of our noses to spite our face. we must forget SISU and concentrate on what we love - supporting our beloved MIGHTY SKY BLUES.
PUSB"

A bullshit post probably by a SISU employee designed to undermine the campaign and sell a few tickets. Pathetic.

Andyb47

If u go and support the team at northampton u are, however unintentionally, propping up SISU and helping with their insane ideas on running the club, and they will never leave

skybluejelly

To say we don't have a hardcore of fans is ridiculous..... We have not finished in the top six of any league for 40 years are in the third tear of English football yet still managed to get over 10,000 average last year ...I would say we have a bigger hardcore of fans than most clubs and just a modicum of success proves this (jpt semi final) ..

I didn't agree at first but absolutely we must not attend Northampton...the ones that do go fair enough ..I know it's hard not to watch the team ..but the only way sisu will relent is through financial pressure.

grego_gee

Who do you think its going to hurt first and most?
SISU with multi-million world wide resources or CCFC with a FFP limited playing budget of £2.2m?

DazzleTommyDazzle

"One Man's View
PUSB"

There is one part of this that I agree with - "we must think with our heads and not our hearts".

My heart says to go and watch the games.

My head says that that would give SISU the support they need to continue with the dismantling of our club.

Head wins.

hutch1972

To say we don't have a hardcore of fans is ridiculous..... We have not finished in the top six of any league for 40 years are in the third tear of English football yet still managed to get over 10,000 average last year ...I would say we have a bigger hardcore of fans than most clubs and just a modicum of success proves this (jpt semi final) ..

I didn't agree at first but absolutely we must not attend Northampton...the ones that do go fair enough ..I know it's hard not to watch the team ..but the only way sisu will relent is through financial pressure.
My thoughts exactly, we have a very loyal hard core of fans and always have had.

Otis

There is one part of this that I agree with - "we must think with our heads and not our hearts".

My heart says to go and watch the games.

My head says that that would give SISU the support they need to continue with the dismantling of our club.

Head wins.

My heart doesn't say go and watch the games. My heart just isn't in it at all at the moment. At all!

Last edited:

Vedere

Agree with what others have said...SISU are hurting the club more than anyone/anything!

I'd rather we played in the Conference and were fan owned/owned by someone who is passionate about CCFC than be in the situation we're likely to be in!

Stafford_SkBlue

GOOD Post - supporting the team does not necessary mean you supporting the move way from Cov or supporting SISU.
We appear to have very short memories - SISU backed Robins last year with the players he wanted.

Don't be brainwashed by the few.

Quote from above;
"My head says that that would give SISU the support they need to continue with the dismantling of our club." - Why Why would SISu want to do that - absolute nonsense.

James Smith

"One Man's View
PUSB"

But if we pack out every away game the team will know we're 100% behind them and not SISU.

:blue:

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Who do you think its going to hurt first and most?
SISU with multi-million world wide resources or CCFC with a FFP limited playing budget of £2.2m?

So you support the restriction of income by moving to a ground that would never have been big enough for us at anytime in our history?

Do you even understand how FFP works?

J

Jack Griffin

If SISU don't leak money they'll hang on like leeches & continue to treat us like shit.

dongonzalos

"One Man's View
PUSB"

Sorry but this is a long winded way of saying I am too selfish and not strong enough to put the love of my club above my short term need to watch them now they have moved closer to me.

Go and watch them if you want. However have the balls to admit it because you can't abstain till we are back in Cov. As oppose to hiding behind some I am going for the good of the club clap trap

bigfatronssba

Why would SISu want to do that - absolute nonsense[/B][/B].[/COLOR]

So Sisu's actions aren't damaging to the fanbase?

We are the club, and they are destroying our support through their actions of ignoring the supporters wishes.

bigfatronssba

Sorry but this is a long winded way of saying I am too selfish and not strong enough to put the love of my club above my short term need to watch them now they have moved closer to me.

Go and watch them if you want. However have the balls to admit it because you can't abstain till we are back in Cov. As oppose to hiding behind some I am going for the good of the club clap trap

Agree. Its the self appointed moral superiority of these sorts of posts that really winds me up.

Right now we have Joy, Tim & 300 Northampton Sky Blue fans who are in support of Sisu and this plan.

On the other hand we have 19k (average crowds prior to sisu taking over) that will not go and watch.

Is this poster seriously suggesting that all those people are wrong and just the handful are right?

bigfatronssba

Ignore SISU - how and why?

Basically the guy just wants to bury his head in the sand.

Selfishness is the term I would use.

James Smith

"One Fan's View
I've been a Coventry City fan for nearly 40 years. I live in down South now but I do try to get to the odd game on the rare occasions when my day off coincides with a fixture and always follow them online. I think that SISU have done and are always going to do what they want to do as "owners" of our club. They are :censored: stubborn and it's up to us to change that. I feel a boycott could be very dangerous for SISU for their existence. I don't care for SISU or the various holding companies and their large debts that that we appear to be mysteriously saddled with.

But fans turning up to support the team and selling all our ticket allocation at away "Away" matches will show that we care and hopefully have a positive effect on
the performance on the pitch whilst at the same time have a very detrimental effect on the SISU financials. By moving us to NTFC they have reduced our possible budget under FFP and made it likely that not only are we less likely to gain any top 6 position, but we may go down to the 4th tier of English football. That would likely be the end of SISU, the hardcore fan base will still be there like Leeds or Norwich, but it will take some convincing for the youngsters to support us again. The players play for the shirt and for the supporters. They need us to be there and to be very loud, but not at away "Home" games. We fans are an emotional bunch, but at this critical moment, I feel we must think with our heads and not our hearts.

There is no rationale in SISU cutting of their noses to save loss of face by moving us to Sixfields. We must never forget the damage SISU have done and concentrate on making sure that they are gone so that we can continue doing what we love - supporting our beloved MIGHTY SKY BLUES in Coventry.
PUSB"

jaytskyblue

In terms of the article-- how much lower are people prepared to see Sisu drag this club before they get some guts and oppose it?
Sisu have been playing around with this club (and in fact the City of Coventry] for years - and I may add, screwing everything up in the process. It really is time some people got a backbone.

RPHunt

Sisu comprise 15 staff in an office in London - the last figures we know of are they lost 272k in 2011 and lost 376k in 2010.
Hardly Coca Cola is it??
http://www.londonspectator.com/2011/08/queen-of-debts-secretive-hedge-fund.html

Exactly.

The wages budget for the 15 staff is around £0.5m - which, I suspect, is less than many of the coffee shops in the area.

The pathetic wages budget is a fair indication of the calibre of staff they employ, and why whenever any of them have pitched up in Coventry, they have all turned out to be complete and utter dickheads.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
All those saying support the club regardless of how badly SISU treat us want to have a read of the post from the Leeds fan.

He said he wished their fans had been united in a boycott as it would have forced the despised Bates out sooner...

Noggin

Agree with the article, is NOPM designed to bankrupt the club?

The club already has massively more debts than it's worth, adding more debt doesn't really do much harm other than to sisu and there is always going to be more value in selling the club than winding it up.

covmark

I won't go to Northampton, but to say people are selfish for going is a load of crap, they just want to go and watch a game of football ffs, fair play to them, its just not for me

Users who are viewing this thread