Friday transfer thread (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

I feel it in my bones that there will be some movement today...

Defender in and maybe 5 players out...

Kane Smith is training with the club. Will it be made perm?

Kingokings204

I think there will be some movement today. Press conference with mowbray at 9.30am. Will reveal a lot more

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Good to have Kane Smith on trial, but we still have no senior players in defence really.

We still need a total of three defenders, one or two in central midfield, and one striker.

At least there's still three weeks until the start of the season...

PVA

5 players out?!?

Who on earth would they be? You do realise how small the squad is right now? No chance

OffenhamSkyBlue

It'll be the usual pre-match stuff, but maybe with him reiterating his (possibly ill-judged) comments earlier in the week that we shouldn't see the team or performance tomorrow as the finished article. As has been said elsewhere, we have 6 games before the transfer window closes, and we all know that no business happens until the last 6 hours of deadline day, so we are gonna struggle against the likes of Bradford in 2 weeks' time, who are going to be there or thereabouts, even though they've got rid of Parkinson.

Nothing like talking things up to get the fans excited at the start of the new season, is there?

Captain Dart

I'm sorry Mr Mowbray you have a chronic case of transfer constipation caused by lack of funds in your budget, here take these twice a day till you have a successful movement.

AFCCOVENTRY

Mowbray has just said he wants 6 new players in by the close of the window. Mostly loans. They're struggling this year's because of new loan rule.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mogga has said they've lost out on 3-4 central defenders.

Not in the slightest surprised. It might be unfortunate, but it's still the managers responsibility to ensure the team is strong enough. If we lose games for the next month because our defence isn't strong enough, he will have to take the blame.

AFCCOVENTRY

So why have they sold Vincelot then? Surely not to play loan players wages?
Vincelot's sale was to fund Reid's wages.

Mogga has hinted it's a struggle to get loan players on the free...

So we can't even pay wages for loan players. We are doing the 'great development opportunity' card.

robbiekeane

Not in the slightest surprised. It might be unfortunate, but it's still the managers responsibility to ensure the team is strong enough. If we lose games for the next month because our defence isn't strong enough, he will have to take the blame.
Agree.

To be honest I haven't heard his interview/press conference, but if he's said he's missed out on that many players then i'm losing a bit of confidence. Previously thought he had it under control but it doesnt sound great.

Loans im not bothered about. There's no difference between having a player on a season long loan and signing a player on a one year contract.

eastwoodsdustman

Vincelot's sale was to fund Reid's wages.

Mogga has hinted it's a struggle to get loan players on the free...

So we can't even pay wages for loan players. We are doing the 'great development opportunity' card.

Most loan players are from teams in higher leagues and so will be on much higher wages than we can afford to pay.

Seamus1

There will signings before tomorrow's game.

Whilst I hope you are correct, according to Mowbray himself (stated on the Coventry Telegraph site, in their Live rolling feed), he is not expecting any.

Obviously, the paperwork needs to be finished by midday...so if something does happen we might still get something announced at 5pm

sbadey

So why have they sold Vincelot then? Surely not to play loan players wages?
Vince has almost certainly had a much better wage offer, then his agent has asked the club to at least match it. We couldn't so he's moved with the better offer imho.

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

skybluepm2

Andy Turner has tweeted to confirm that there will be no-one coming in today but as per usual 3 due in next week. :wtf:

Captain Dart

Most loan players are from teams in higher leagues and so will be on much higher wages than we can afford to pay.
I'm guessing the issue is that while Championship clubs that can afford to pay something are still looking the freebies are unavailable.

Users who are viewing this thread