Froch vs Groves (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I think Groves has to pull something out after all the build up chat, if he loses he is going to look really silly.

CCFC88

The telling thing will be how he reacts when the walk ins are done, the music stops and everyone clears the ring and it is just he and Froch face to face. My instincts telling me his bumhole will be going at a clap.

In an interview yesterday Eddie Hearn has likened it to the build up to Haye v Harrison, completely different situation of course and the difference in quality between Froch & Groves is smaller than that of Haye v Harrison we expect but George has never fought infront of 21,000 on box office in such a highly anticipated fight before. Will he stand up and be counted as all his pre fight talk suggests? Im not convinced.

Its clear to see that he has got to Froch, however I fear that may not have been the right way to go about it, albeit has made a few more box office sales.

Froch stoppage 5-8 for me after a couple of knockdowns. Dont see how Groves can win.

smileycov

Facebook User
The more Groves went off at the mouth the more i have gone off him. Just got a bit dis-respectfull too much i think. I fancied him having a good go early, now i think he will lose Think he will start well but can see Froch wearing him down as the fight goes on. Froch on points!!

LastGarrison

Intriguing match up and Groves has clearly got to him although Froch is still the clear favourite and this is a MASSIVE step up for Groves.

I do agree though when Groves said this will change Froch's game plan and make him more "reckless". Froch's style with his hands low could always be considered reckless but as we know he has a granite chin to counteract it, however, he really wants to knock Groves out and this may be his down fall if he doesn't fight his usual fight and if he can't bang Groves out (which he should)

For me it is Froch around the 4th or 5th or Groves on points.

CCFC88

Just can't see a groves points win to be honest, froch threw over 1000 punches against Kessler and I expect more of the same tomorrow.

You have to be a real smart fighter and think you're way through a fight against froch as ward did. The only way I see groves winning is with a very lucky shot, and it would have to be very lucky against a man who has never been knocked out before!

LastGarrison

I know, I was there. :D

I don't know what it is but I just have this niggling feeling Groves might do it. Groves isn't gonna knock him out, he hasn't got the power but I just think that Froch might go too hung ho and Groves might be able to pick his shots and nick a few rounds and win a close points decision.

Saying that if you gave me £500 and told me to stick it on either fighter my money would be going on Froch all day long. Maybe I've just bought into the hype.

Either way it is a fight I am really looking forward to.

Covstu

Don't know why but I cannot stand Groves, I hope he gets battered tonight!! I think we will find there is a gulf in class when they get into the ring, toe to toe Froch will run over him.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Never heard of either of them. :thinking about:

pusbccfc

I am going for Froch.

Nick

Administrator
Could it ruin Groves career if he gets knocked out straight away after all his jibber jabber?

Marty

Froch saved by the bell. looked all over the place

Marty

If that link has gone down for anyone else, It's streaming from another host on channel 3 on the same site.

Marty

won the last round from what I saw, last 1.30 or so.

Marty

Groves starting to look a bit tired to me.

Marty

Froch won that round, only a 2nd, needs a KO.

Marty

awful decision, Groves was under pressure but he was coping.

Nick

Administrator
Ruined a good fight, froch was wobblier in earlier rounds. Ruined by the ref, why did the ref grab him?

Users who are viewing this thread